v Brentford (A) Match Thread

jimbo jones

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Jayram said:

No disrespect to Cocu at all but we should have snapped up Chris Hughton the moment FL was on his way. This is a man who knows what it takes to get out of this league, knows the EFL and the players. Why on earth appoint someone who knows nothing about English football and is now having to play catch up?  

How did Hughton get on in his first season with Brighton?

Spoiler alert: if he had that sort of season with us, a portion of this fanbase would be calling him out for the sack.

3 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

What a K**b.. honestly WTF. Go happy clap in your own arse. 

Did you see that yesterday? You can sit there and defend it all you like. The answer is .... THAT was not GOOD. aa

clearoy people are angry and they have every right to be. 

From what I saw there was no commitment. If I’m honest with Cuco’s lack of emotion I doubt I would be up for the fight. I live in London and if I’d of seen them in a service station I’d of booed them to there faces as that was the worst performance I have seen since Barnsley away under Nigel Clough. 

Not sure I was defending the football played. 

Just not an advocate of booing. Can make a bad situation worse. You keep booing and I’ll not. 

Does  that mean I’m “ happy clapping in my own arse”?

14 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Bit off the mark with the rooney Jibe it would be  amazing if the sponsors werent aware of it for saying it first came to light in 2004.

Last week mate.

46 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I haven't read thread. Did anyone say that Brentford are the sort of team we should be beating if we want promotion?

Prior to yesterday they had won 1 game and scored 2 goals in their first 5 matches - they are very much the sort of team we should be beating at this stage of the season.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Spoiler alert: if he had that sort of season with us, a portion of this fanbase would be calling him out for the sack.

I know what sort of season he had but I don’t think we’d have reacted like that; the difference is that the Brighton fans could probably see where the team were going and what Hughton was trying to achieve; so far I haven’t got a clue what Cocu is trying to do, and the performances are getting worse week in, week out. 

17 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If I ever stopped supporting Derby which I won't I would never change team, I am no glory supporter I am just sick of the same old poo each season, and I am appalled by how far backwards we have gone in recent years. I never said sack him now, I said give it 4 more games and if we are still on 1 win then we should sack him which is not too unreasonable lets be real.

How is it crap every season???

4 more games eh mr reasonable ....more like mr d******d ....go back to playing championship manager mate and stay away ...don’t need so called supporters like you ...embarrassing 

17 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If I ever stopped supporting Derby which I won't I would never change team, I am no glory supporter I am just sick of the same old poo each season, and I am appalled by how far backwards we have gone in recent years. I never said sack him now, I said give it 4 more games and if we are still on 1 win then we should sack him which is not too unreasonable lets be real.

And if you’re a proper fan mate why do you mention that you’d never change team??? Are you 12 lol you should support through thick and thin ...if you think that every season is so crap why don’t you do something that you like doing?

Don’t understand how some people are doubting Cocu’s capability to lead the team... Same bloke who captained Barcelona and the Dutch national team yet because he doesn’t pander to the fans by clapping or starting the bounce it’s as if some think he’s utterly clueless. 

In my opinion we’ve had some pretty tough games on paper. We played very well at Huddersfield in my opinion, and the performances against Swansea and West Brom were also good and, in my opinion, we deserved to win both. The Stoke game was a bit of an odd one where we didn’t play all that well but still could’ve won if Waghorn had buried his 1-on-1... The only 2 poor games for me have been Bristol City and Brentford, yet even in the Bristol game I feel like we handed them the game with our own individual errors as opposed to them turning up and outclassing us. 

I think a few unlucky points dropped in games drawn have painted a bit of an illusion that we’re struggling far more than we actually are. Cocu’s managed to get some good performances out of us against some pretty decent squads all while giving youth a chance. Don’t get me wrong, I thought the Brentford performance was bad but I think we have to be realistic and acknowledge how much of an impact Cocu is having here by giving the youth a chance. And not just the youth of top 6 premier league sides... Our own youth!! The man’s been here under 2 months and we’ve already had 3 lads called up to the England Under 19s.

Don’t really care if I come across as a “happy clapper” or delusional but I’m actually feeling very optimistic about the future under Cocu. The key is that we give him the time he needs to change the team how he sees fit, which you can see by his time at PSV. Think it’s important that more people look at the bigger picture of our long term future than a few short term results. Get behind the team and give them the support they need. We will be fine. In Cocu we trust!

44 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I know what sort of season he had but I don’t think we’d have reacted like that; the difference is that the Brighton fans could probably see where the team were going and what Hughton was trying to achieve; so far I haven’t got a clue what Cocu is trying to do, and the performances are getting worse week in, week out. 

You mean this week not week in week out surely? WBA was ok a week ago.

7 hours ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

Let's wait and see.

This could be the best result of the season ... could be the wake-up call moment we need. FL was great but we need to blow the pixie dust away and everyone, manager, staff and players - and fans - have to take responsibility.

Time to dig in and start grinding out the results - wins, passes and tackles completed, ground covered. 

spot on mate , remember a few times under lampard last season when we needed that wake up call after an horrific performance, leeds and villa at home , villa away spring to mind

would just like to deflect a little bit from poking sticks at our team , im not condoning yesterdays performance , it wasnt good enough , i was there yesterday and i would like to point out how well Brentford played , they played for their own pride and for their manager , who could of been in fear of his job if they had lost , , they blew us away first half with fast , controlled , skilfull football , they were most peoples tip for a top 6 place and on yesterdays showing i wouldnt bet against it

6 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

What a K**b.. honestly WTF. Go happy clap in your own arse. 

Did you see that yesterday? You can sit there and defend it all you like. The answer is .... THAT was not GOOD. aa

clearoy people are angry and they have every right to be. 

From what I saw there was no commitment. If I’m honest with Cuco’s lack of emotion I doubt I would be up for the fight. I live in London and if I’d of seen them in a service station I’d of booed them to there faces as that was the worst performance I have seen since Barnsley away under Nigel Clough. 

Your post is embarrassing mate, you would boo in there face, and you call your self a supporter, if you did. Boo in there face you might get a slap, which you would have deserved.

1 hour ago, Jayram said:

Prior to yesterday they had won 1 game and scored 2 goals in their first 5 matches - they are very much the sort of team we should be beating at this stage of the season.

Not to sound like I'm downplaying how poor we were against them, but I do think Brentford have been very unlucky at the start of the season and that results haven't reflected how well they've actually played in those games.

I think the Birmingham and Charlton games in particular were ones they weren't just unlucky to lose but were ones that they were unlucky not to win. They had 36 shots with 7 on target across both games compared to the combined 4 shots, 2 on target from their opposition. Both Charlton and Birmingham scored with their only shot on target and Birmingham scored with their only shot of the entire game, while Brentford just couldn't, even with a lot of very good chances. They were as dominant in both of those games as they had been against us, perhaps even moreso. If Brentford didn't score against us and we had somehow came away from that game with a 1-0 win from a single shot on target it wouldn't change the fact that we had been thoroughly outplayed by them and got lucky. This scenario has somehow happened twice to Brentford already this season though.

Their finishing has also been so poor in those first 5 games that if they had performed with the same goal:miss rate against us as they had done in their opening 5 fixtures, even with the 22 chances they had they would have only have had a 2/3 chance of scoring a single goal, let alone scoring 3. This is an area they have evidently improved upon.

Like I said, Derby were abysmal against them yesterday and absolutely do not deserve excuses made for them, but I do think Brentford are and will prove to be a much better team than their position currently would suggest. 

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

In his first full season? Promotion.

When taking over half way 2014/15, from a European manager with no experience of managing in England who had only won 3 games in 4 1/2 months... he kept them up? 

Archived