v Bristol City (H) Match Thread

Parsnip

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Due to being brought low with an attack of acute pancreatitis in the small hours of Sunday morning, I shall be following this by the exclusive media of DCFC forum from my hospital bed?

fear not lads, the old hoovers still got a bit of suck and blow about him. Now, where’s Hintonsboots with an oooh matron to speed the recovery??

Get well soon mate. I’ve heard that all the players have sent their wives in nurses uniforms to cheer you up

Would really like Marriott to play but can’t drop Waggy after bagging two goals.

I still hope we get both on along with Bielik but I sound like a broken record because I said that last time.

Suspect Cocu won’t change much at least for the starting lineup and will make changes in the second half depending on how things go.

Its only a few games in but hoping to see some improvements in the players acting out his vision on the whole game. We have been far from poor so far but if we could kick on and make a statement tonight it will be very welcome from a fans view.

Diamond formations(thinking 442) that I see a few folks wanting, is such a volatile formation.  

Tactically, it can produce goals...and that’s about it. It is chaos, wrapped in a wet tissue of control...no way to produce consistency  unless you have the perfect personnel(hint....Derby does not)

If you don’t have  the correct personnel-

Read that as horses for wingbacks that need to run all day, can defend inch perfect when tracking back from the opponents area; midfield capable of strong marking, tackling,passing; strong Center Backs to command the entire box, since they are often left alone in this formation. Then this formation is best left to one off ‘smash-n-grab’ scenarios...just like Leeds.

Derby needed to outscore Leeds  last year in a win or go home match...perfect time to roll the dice. 

442 diamond would be good to maybe transition to during a match for short spells...if you don’t need to swap personnel.  Committing to that shape is a pretty big risk.  I just don’t understand folks desire to use it as a base formation. It is the epitome of spray-n-pray football.  Or maybe I just really dislike the formation ? 

coyr

13 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

I'll be in the Spanish province of Cornwall watching on DCFC site. Ahem. COYR. Give 'em a shout for me too.

You may wish you'd have stayed in the UK for your holiday, seeing as it's ok to watch here but not Spain.

16 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Due to being brought low with an attack of acute pancreatitis in the small hours of Sunday morning, I shall be following this by the exclusive media of DCFC forum from my hospital bed?

fear not lads, the old hoovers still got a bit of suck and blow about him. Now, where’s Hintonsboots with an oooh matron to speed the recovery??

Get well soon.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Disappointed, seems Huddlestone is untouchable. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Agreed. Huddlestone was totally off the pace against Stoke, it's a shame he's starting. Evans has been much better this season but is dropped.

Glad it’s not just me that thinks this

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Glad it’s not just me that thinks this

He slows the game down too much. We were looking to break forward, and he takes a lot longer on the ball every time he gets it then the other midfielders. I prefer it when we move the ball quickly, so I'd have liked to see Knight in over Hudds, with Bielik as the lone defensive cover.

On 19/08/2019 at 08:31, Srg said:

Couple of options here for me...

Roos, Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone, Bielik, Dowell, Shinnie/Knight, Lawrence, Bennett/Zoon, Waghorn

or properly shake it up...

Roos, Keogh, Bielik, Clarke, Lowe, Bennett, Evans, Dowell, Lawrence, Waghorn, Marriott - with Lowe and Bennett as wing backs.

To be honest, I'll be happy whatever if Huddlestone's not starting.

.....how happy are you?

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Disappointed, seems Huddlestone is untouchable. 

I'd have dropped Huddlestone as well but swapping Bielik for Evans is a like for like change as the most defensive midfielder whereas Huddlestone is more of a playmaker and does have it in the locker to really spray the ball about it. 

Archived