v Bristol City (H) Match Thread

Parsnip

8 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Hoping we don't play 2 defensive midfilders tomorrow. I get it away from home but at home I'd prefer us to be more attacking. 

Some of our best football last season came from a front 3 of Waghorn, Lawrence and Marriott. We need to find a system to suit Marriott in my opinion. He's a goalscorer and he needs a run of games now. I would be very tempted to give Hamer a go as well. Roos just doesn't inspire me with confidence. Not laying the blame entirely with him for the first goal but he was hesitant and it's not the first time. Plus I thought it was poor goalkeeping when Allen missed that sitter. I'd go with:-

Hamer

Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone

Bielik

Dowell.    Knight

Waghorn Marriott Lawrence

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Think we will start 4-3-3 (orba version of)and swap around if needed through the game , one thing Cocu's shown in his short time here is he's not afraid to change mid game . Even early on mid game . 

Roos

Lowe.       Clarke.       Keogh.    Malone 

Bielik 

Knight.                Dowell 

Waghorn.          Marriott.          Lawrence 

Plenty of flexibility in that 11 to go to a diamond , 4231 or even a back 3 . 

Didn't even see your post before I posted , pleased someones on the same wave length I was going to put Hamer in mine team too but changed my mind last minute . I think over the season Hamer will oust Roos as number 1 . 

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't agree with those suggesting a radical change in formation after 4 games unbeaten. Its not like the 3 at the back nullified Stoke on Saturday any more or less than the 4 at the back, in my opinion. 

Roos

Lowe Keogh Clarke Malone

Bielik Huddlestone

Waghorn Dowell Lawrence

Marriott

Jozefzoon has had enough chances now, time for him to be dropped. Waghorn is better down the middle, but is still an upgrade on the wing and I expect the front 4 to be fluid so he ought to drift centrally. I also don't think Dowell has done badly as some have suggested, and i feel like Bielik + Huddlestone would work well together. Bielik is good at cutting out passes/winning the ball back which would complement Huddlestone's range of passing. 

After seeing the highlights of the Under 23s game maybe it is time for Mitchell -Lawson to be given a chance, he scored and went on some very good runs and looked a really talented player, it might be hard to judge based off highlights but he did more in those highlights than Jozefoon so far this season. Surely he deserves a chance over Jozefoon on the right wing or even Waghorn who is not even a winger.

This  would be my 11:

Hamer

Lowe Keogh Clarke Malone

Bielik Evans

M.Lawson  Lawrence Waghorn 

Marriott 

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Didn't even see your post before I posted , pleased someones on the same wave length I was going to put Hamer in mine team too but changed my mind last minute . I think over the season Hamer will oust Roos as number 1 . 

I agree mate.

Don't think Roos has done anything too bad yet. He's an average goalkeeper at best.

Roos
Lowe Keogh Clarke Malone
               Bielik
       Evans      Dowell
            Lawrence
      Waghorn Marriott

I think we need to play Waggers and Marriott when we're at home.

Our wingers aren't really doing it for us at the moment, and Bielik and Evans should be able to provide enough cover to the fullbacks so we don't become too narrow.

17 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

After seeing the highlights of the Under 23s game maybe it is time for Mitchell -Lawson to be given a chance, he scored and went on some very good runs and looked a really talented player, it might be hard to judge based off highlights but he did more in those highlights than Jozefoon so far this season. Surely he deserves a chance over Jozefoon on the right wing or even Waghorn who is not even a winger.

This  would be my 11:

Hamer

Lowe Keogh Clarke Malone

Bielik Evans

M.Lawson  Lawrence Waghorn 

Marriott 

No chance of any of the U23 team featuring tonight. Look for absentees from the U23s to see who might be in the squad for us tonight. 

I'd go with:

Roos; Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone; Bielik, Knight, Dowell; Jozefzoon, Waghorn, Lawrence

Cocu will go with:

Roos; Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone; Evans, Bielik; Jozefzoon, Dowell, Lawrence; Waghorn

Only one I'm not sure of is whether he'll go with Evans or Huddlestone.

Not sure what our formation will be. Probably the same as Saturday.

We certainly won't be as fluid as we were at times in the pre season matches, and have been somewhat unfortunate with injuries already, with a goalkeeper, CB, LB, RB and midfielder all injured since the season started. The midfielder being Ádám Nagy who was fantastic in his 45 minutes against QPR, and scored our opening goal. Nagy might be back for the game as it was only a rolled ankle, but the physio team made the sub happen at HT.

The player most likely to step into Nagy's place if he isn't fit is Massengo, an 18 year old we signed from Monaco. Highly rated prospect who will potentially be our record signing, only made a handful of appearances for Monaco but faced Dortmund, Athletico Madrid and PSG, he came on for Nagy against QPR and played well though we were a bit more defensively suspect.

Very much in a transitional stage at the moment.

1 hour ago, Aidan DCFC said:

Tonight cant make the game. Will have to watch on rams tv. Noticed its £10.00 but if i connect through a vpn saying im in holland....? its £5.00 ..... racist

All midweek games are on Sky red button

I'd personally go with:

Roos

Lowe    Keogh   Clarke   Malone

Bielik

Knight   Dowell

Waghorn   Marriott   Lawrence

Seeing as Pato is ineligible, FloJo has been poor, can't see who else we could put up except Bennett but I prefer Bennett as an impact sub who can come on in the second half and tire them out. 

36 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

I'd go with:

Roos; Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone; Bielik, Knight, Dowell; Jozefzoon, Waghorn, Lawrence

Cocu will go with:

Roos; Lowe, Keogh, Clarke, Malone; Evans, Bielik; Jozefzoon, Dowell, Lawrence; Waghorn

Only one I'm not sure of is whether he'll go with Evans or Huddlestone.

I think there is a chance he goes with either line up but I think it's a little more likely we go with the second line up (with Huddlestone though). I'm not sure if Cocu thinks we have the players for a 433 at the current time (might change when Holmes is fit).

I think there is an outside chance that Mariott comes in and we shift Waghorn out wide but it's a small chance. 

Similarly I think there is a small chance we play something like:

Roos

Keogh Clarke Buchanan 

Jozefsoon  Bielik Huddlestone Lowe

Lawrence/Dowell

Waghorn Mariott

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I think there is a chance he goes with either line up but I think it's a little more likely we go with the second line up (with Huddlestone though). I'm not sure if Cocu thinks we have the players for a 433 at the current time (might change when Holmes is fit).

I think there is an outside chance that Mariott comes in and we shift Jozefsoon out wide but it's a small chance. 

Similarly I think there is a small chance we play something like:

Roos

Keogh Clarke Buchanan 

Jozefsoon  Bielik Huddlestone Lowe

Lawrence/Dowell

Waghorn Mariott

I agree - I think he's keen on 4-2-3-1 for the time being - the first line up was what I would personally go with.

With Bielik and Holmes back to full fitness it could be a different story - could well see 4-3-3

14 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

I agree - I think he's keen on 4-2-3-1 for the time being - the first line up was what I would personally go with.

With Bielik and Holmes back to full fitness it could be a different story - could well see 4-3-3

I think 4231 makes sense when you consider that we have 5 DMs in the first team squad and whilst we have 4 players who could probably play as the more advanced mids in a 433; 1 has missed preseason and is regaining fitness, 2 are youth players and other has seemed to historically prefer playing at #10.

Archived