v Bristol City (H) Match Thread

Parsnip

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't a good game. That is obvious, but think about what we came up against, a highly organised Bristol team which have had stability for the last 3/4 years.

We are currently a team with a new manager still embedding his philosophy, injuries to key players. For me, it is clear the Cocu is a way better manager than Lampard was. He actually has multiple game plans. Lampard used the excuse of it being a transitional season a lot, but I do not think it was anywhere near as transitional as this season. We had some amazing loanees which obviously we do not have anymore. It will take time to readjust, but I am not seeing anything that is worrying at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Give points adrift of Leeds and Swansea now. Lose against WBA and probably eight points adrift so the top six is then the target. That is just as it is.

So? Way too early in the season to be considering such things.

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Give points adrift of Leeds and Swansea now. Lose against WBA and probably eight points adrift so the top six is then the target. That is just as it is.

Too early to think about points totals, but TBH it seems abit stupid to be even thinking about playoffs after last night,  I'm just going to try and keep my expectations as low as possible and not be too assed with promotion, becuase I really cant' see it and its boring inevitably loosing in the playoffs if we scrape in anyway.

12 hours ago, BondJovi said:

So? Way too early in the season to be considering such things.

8 points behind are 8 points that have to be caught up. Fulham and Leeds are not going to give us 8 points. Both their squads are better than ours so we need to get into top gear starting on Saturday. Our first eleven is weaker than last year after losing three top loanees. Reality is not the same as pessimism.

59 minutes ago, Rampage said:

8 points behind are 8 points that have to be caught up. Fulham and Leeds are not going to give us 8 points. Both their squads are better than ours so we need to get into top gear starting on Saturday. Our first eleven is weaker than last year after losing three top loanees. Reality is not the same as pessimism.

That it may be, but I already see far too much negativity on here. With that approach you may aswell give up. Of course 8 points is a lot. But if that is after 5 games, who knows what the next 5 will bring?

And I maintain a season of lower expectations might do us good to stop such ridiculous reactions to a defeat. I find my enthusiasm for the season being dulled, not by the club but by fan reaction. 

1 hour ago, BondJovi said:

That it may be, but I already see far too much negativity on here. With that approach you may aswell give up. Of course 8 points is a lot. But if that is after 5 games, who knows what the next 5 will bring?

And I maintain a season of lower expectations might do us good to stop such ridiculous reactions to a defeat. I find my enthusiasm for the season being dulled, not by the club but by fan reaction. 

Not a reaction to a defeat just a mathematical observation. Top six was always the target.norhing has changed.

Well this is all very disappointing. As I lay recuperating from pancreatitis on Tuesday I was hoping that the lads would want to “do it for MoodHoover”, then shriek out the words to Steve bloomers watching through floods of tears before collapsing 7-0.

just like Brazil in 2014.

instead it all sounds like quite a low key, low quality, narrow-ish defeat which will not live long in the memory. 

?

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:53, DJFern94 said:

It wasn't a good game. That is obvious, but think about what we came up against, a highly organised Bristol team which have had stability for the last 3/4 years.

We are currently a team with a new manager still embedding his philosophy, injuries to key players. For me, it is clear the Cocu is a way better manager than Lampard was. He actually has multiple game plans. Lampard used the excuse of it being a transitional season a lot, but I do not think it was anywhere near as transitional as this season. We had some amazing loanees which obviously we do not have anymore. It will take time to readjust, but I am not seeing anything that is worrying at the moment.

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that "Cocu is a way better manager than Lampard ever was"

Just because he altered formations in a few matches?

I personally have no idea how good a manager Cocu or Lampard both are yet.

But to state that just seems childish.

Being a manager is multi faceted. And in my opinion man management is the most crucial aspect of being a manager.

Archived