Parsnip

Let's shake it up...

Roos

Keogh Bielik  Clarke  Lowe

Evans

Knight      Shinnie

Lawrence

Waghorn    Marriott

I'd actually prefer Bielik in midfield so you could move him to DM and Evans to RB, Keogh back in the middle.

Only temporary until Bogle, Wisdom or Anya are fit again.

Lawrence better as No.10.

Marriott has to play. But so, too, does Waggy. It works having them together. The three of them can interchange, drift wide etc.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Let's shake it up...

Roos

Keogh Bielik  Clarke  Lowe

Evans

I see what you're saying but we can't move Keogh out of his position. We need to get this little triangle together asap and keep them together...

Keogh   Clarke

Bielik

Lowe has done really well at RB and Malone is fine at LB.

That triangle is key.

7 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

We need to get this little triangle together asap and keep them together...

Keogh   Clarke

Bielik

That triangle is key.

I agree completely. 

I just don't like playing left footed full backs at right back and vice versa (though David Nish did alright).

I think the other triangle, at the top of a diamond, may also be key, especially given our lack of quality wingers...

Lawrence

Waghorn    Marriott

For me, Knight absolutely has to start. Really liked what I saw today, loved what I saw away at Scunthorpe. I think the most balanced midfield we can put out is one of Bielik, Knight and Dowell. 

Marriott looks ready to me now. Looked sharp when he came on, made a huge difference. Hope we unleash him from the start, I think I'd put Waghorn on the right wing, Lawrence on the left with Marriott leading the line. 

13 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

How about this one...

Rooney

Waghorn      Marriott

Still can't get my head around that!

Yeah, nice.

But I still think Lawrence can produce if played centrally. So I'd play Rooney as one of the two attacking midfielders, alongside Holmes, Dowell or Knight.

Another match that could go either way and us hard to call, but if we’re serious about achieving anything this year we need to be getting a solid home win here. Brizzle could well be exposed at the back if we can find some quality in the final third with a couple of their defensive players out injured, but they have a lot more creative quality than us so we have to be aware that they’re excellent in attack and work towards nullifying them as best as we can if we’re to win here. 

Id go with a team of:

Roos

Lowe Keogh Clarke Malone 

Bielik Huddlestone

Josefzoon Dowell Lawrence 

Waghorn 

After a rest you’d hope Bielik is ready to start in the league now, and when fit he’s one of those that needs to be starting as he should be pivotal to our game, so he comes in. Harsh on Evans who’s played well, but I think a Bielik Huddlestone combo will work best. With Paterson unavailable I don’t think we have many options to switch things up otherwise so we’ll have to continue as we are. Just have to hope we have the fitness after our poor pre season to play another match in quick succession against tough opposition and have enough energy to do well. Want to see a High press on brizzle to stop them playing their natural game. We need to be very wary of their creative players and make sure we’re not cut open, we need Bielik and Huddlestone to provide that shield, and stop them getting through to our defence.

Looking forward to this match, Bristol will be a good test for us. Think it's time for both Marriott and Bielik to start, Also I would bring in Hamer as keeper. So my team would look like this

GK Hamer

RB Lowe.     CB Keogh.   CB Clarke.    LB Malone

.                    CM Biielik.      CM Evans

.                               AM  Dowell

RWF Lawrence.         CF. Marriott.         LWF  Waghorn

.    Think this team will have a nice balance and if Dowell is not doing the business then bring Knight on. Got to get both Waghorn and Marriott in the team, to see how they do. And Bielik for me could prove a very important player for us this season.

15 hours ago, Andicis said:

For me, Knight absolutely has to start. Really liked what I saw today, loved what I saw away at Scunthorpe. I think the most balanced midfield we can put out is one of Bielik, Knight and Dowell. 

Marriott looks ready to me now. Looked sharp when he came on, made a huge difference. Hope we unleash him from the start, I think I'd put Waghorn on the right wing, Lawrence on the left with Marriott leading the line. 

Waggers and Marriott need to play as a top 2, not Waggers on the wing.

Does it take a brave manager to stick with an unbeaten team or does it take a brave manager to make changes before we eventually lose one? 

Be harsh on Huddlestone to drop him but surely it’s him or Bielek in the holding role? Evans has had a solid start to the season. Think Dowell would be unfortunate to lose out, he did provide the assist and win the penalty yesterday for all the negativity surrounding him. 

Lawrence Waghorn and Marriott are probably our best 3 attackers so how do we get them on the pitch at the same time? Waggy on the right or playing a diamond with 2 up top? I doubt Cocu is willing to change too much just yet so probably the former. 

I’m comfortable with our back 4. I dunno if I’m being harsh but their CB scored a header in the 6 yard box from a corner. Should Roos be coming for that and winning it? 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Does it take a brave manager to stick with an unbeaten team or does it take a brave manager to make changes before we eventually lose one? 

Be harsh on Huddlestone to drop him but surely it’s him or Bielek in the holding role? Evans has had a solid start to the season. Think Dowell would be unfortunate to lose out, he did provide the assist and win the penalty yesterday for all the negativity surrounding him. 

Lawrence Waghorn and Marriott are probably our best 3 attackers so how do we get them on the pitch at the same time? Waggy on the right or playing a diamond with 2 up top? I doubt Cocu is willing to change too much just yet so probably the former. 

I’m comfortable with our back 4. I dunno if I’m being harsh but their CB scored a header in the 6 yard box from a corner. Should Roos be coming for that and winning it? 

I agree with your post, and yes Roos does need to come for crosses more, he does not fill me with much confidence at the moment, that's why I would start Hamer.

7 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I agree with your post, and yes Roos does need to come for crosses more, he does not fill me with much confidence at the moment, that's why I would start Hamer.

Thought their second was down to Evans was it who didn't get back to cover Hogan?

11 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Roos

Lowe  Keogh  Clarke  Malone

Bielek

Knight.  Lawrence  Shinnie

Waggers  Marriott 

Will rely on Lowe and Malone getting forward to give us some width...

I would make one slight adjustment I push Lawrence behind the front two.

Id continue with 3 at the back for this one as Bristol City will play 2 up front (Afobe & Weimann) with Palmer just behind. Similar to the Stoke forward line yesterday that caused us problems.

Team for me would be:

Roos

Keogh       Bielik       Clarke

Lowe        Huddlestone Dowell       Malone

Lawrence

Waghorn   Marriott

Subs: Evans, Hamer, Bennett, Knight, Buchanan, Paterson (if he is allowed, Sibley if not), Shinnie

Formation has the personnel to be flexible in possession and can change shape of front 3, plus Dowell joining in also.

Can't wait to get Bogle & Holmes back into this side, with Rooney in January.

Roos

Lowe keogh Clarke malone

Bielik 

Shinnie Dowell Lawrence 

Waghorn Marriott

we don’t have any wingers that provide any genuine width anyway, so just leave it to the full backs, ideally it would be Bogle & Lowe.

Ahead of the back 4 it can be fairly fluid, players can change positions and the formation altered without to much disruption.

Archived