v Bristol City (H) Match Thread

Parsnip

11 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I think 4231 makes sense when you consider that we have 5 DMs in the first team squad and whilst we have 4 players who could probably play as the more advanced mids in a 433; 1 has missed preseason and is regaining fitness, 2 are youth players and other has seemed to historically prefer playing at #10.

Perhaps, just feel that we lack fluidity going forwards when we have 2 of Evans, Bielik and Huddlestone and then only one offensive player in front of them. I believe that Bielik is the kind of player who negates the need to play 2xDMs and allows for more creativity.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

Perhaps, just feel that we lack fluidity going forwards when we have 2 of Evans, Bielik and Huddlestone and then only one offensive player in front of them. I believe that Bielik is the kind of player who negates the need to play 2xDMs and allows for more creativity.

Oh I agree and I'm fairly confident that in the medium to long term we will see a switch to a 433. Knight and Sibley are both really talented and both will start to push for starts as we go on into the season. Also Cocu has a stated preference for a 433 so given more time and more chances to recruit it's likely that's the direction we take.

Enjoy Cocu's candour in the press conference regarding Paterson; saying the coaching staff had a meeting with him to discuss the way Bristol train, prepare etc. 

We should have thought ahead and picked up a loanee from every club. Missed opportunity. ? 

4 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Enjoy Cocu's candour in the press conference regarding Paterson; saying the coaching staff had a meeting with him to discuss the way Bristol train, prepare etc. 

We should have thought ahead and picked up a loanee from every club. Missed opportunity. ? 

What's wrong with sending the interns out for a nice walk around every angle you view their training pitch from in the lead up to a match. It wouldn't give you an advantage if you'd already done your research.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

What's wrong with sending the interns out for a nice walk around every angle you view their training pitch from in the lead up to a match. It wouldn't give you an advantage if you'd already done your research.

I can give you a 749 slide powerpoint presentation to counter your argument, can't I, Marcelo?

coffee cup GIF

16 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Well that all depends on what he tells us doesn’t it.

1 hour ago, TibshelfRam said:

I can give you a 749 slide powerpoint presentation to counter your argument, can't I, Marcelo?

coffee cup GIF

Something of a classic. Caption competition perhaps.

Does my bum look wet in this.

Substitute my grundies pronto.

It was not there when I sat down.

Was that Bamfords drink.

Agua alert on tracksuit. Does it look like I p.... myself.

9 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Something of a classic. Caption competition perhaps.

Does my bum look wet in this.

Substitute my grundies pronto.

It was not there when I sat down.

Was that Bamfords drink.

Agua alert on tracksuit. Does it look like I p.... myself.

Even I couldn't spy that coffee cup

On 17/08/2019 at 20:47, Ambitious said:

Roos

Keogh           Clarke

Lowe                            Bielik                        Malone

Dowell                      Knight

Lawrence

Marriott                       Waghorn

Please? 

If that's a 41212 then it looks good, 352 and it would be bad as you cant be having Dowell and Knight 2 holders.

Rest for big Tom tonight. Don't reckon 2 games in a week gets value from him. Bielik to start. Persevere with Flo-jo, Lawrence and Waggy as the front 3. Evans and Dowell. Same back 5. Bit dubious, but need a big game from Lozza. COYR.

Due to being brought low with an attack of acute pancreatitis in the small hours of Sunday morning, I shall be following this by the exclusive media of DCFC forum from my hospital bed?

fear not lads, the old hoovers still got a bit of suck and blow about him. Now, where’s Hintonsboots with an oooh matron to speed the recovery??

Archived