January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sport Billy said:

It's not about the play offs for me , we are in very real danger of getting sucked into a relegation fight (especially if our home form dips) and we have shown in most away games that we don't have the bottle for a scrap

We're really not, as I've said previously we need 10pts to reach average for survival, 17 to reach maximum.

Yes it's possible but it would take a monumental collapse for us to not even average 1 point per game.

6 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

We're really not, as I've said previously we need 10pts to reach average for survival, 17 to reach maximum.

Yes it's possible but it would take a monumental collapse for us to not even average 1 point per game.

Are you forgetting our annual season collapse around this time AND a possible points decoction ??

To the many bedwetters, is it not a breath of fresh air that we're NOT buying loads of old crap on deadline day? We're not going up so unless we can land the players we really want then what's the point??

Oh, and it should be mentioned that whatever your opinion on the subject there is something else happening today that will be playing on the mind of anyone we're trying to recruit from Europe.....

30 minutes ago, Squid said:

two incomings: the lad from villa & the dutch cb (in the summer)

4 outgoings

To be fair it could be worse.

Yes it could be if  you weren't counting a Dutch Cb whoever that is who can't play  for us when the window shuts.

Personally I wouldn't want Cocu choosing any new players for the club - he won;t be here too long. 

Those criticising the bed-wetters should reflect on what was said by Cocu before the window opened cos that raised expectations.

Our plans have certainly been derailed.

37 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

No there isn’t, stop exaggerating. People are frustrated due to lack of signings and rightly so with all the uncertainty behind the scenes. There was a lot of excitement before the window opened because of the rumoured new investment and Rooney able to play officially for us from January 1st, there was reason for optimism after a first half of the season filled with turmoil but now everything has gone flat again. Whilst I’m not particularly bothered myself because the season is over for us in my opinion, other people have every right to be disappointed because there was *some hope* that getting in the right signings with the new investment would give us an outside chance of the play offs.

Yeah you’re right, I’m the one exaggerating

1 minute ago, DRBee said:

Yes it could be if  you weren't counting a Dutch Cb whoever that is who can't play  for us when the window shuts.

Personally I wouldn't want Cocu choosing any new players for the club - he won;t be here too long. 

Those criticising the bed-wetters should reflect on what was said by Cocu before the window opened cos that raised expectations.

Our plans have certainly been derailed.

Agree 100% 

As an aside....does the team Captain get paid more than the other players?

Does he get told beforehand that he will be held responsible for the actions of team members, however stupid?

Is he advised that any infringement, legal or otherwise, will result in dismissal without compensation?

His actions will be deemed more heinous than those of others who, by so doing, cause him severe injury!

Any form of redress will be through the courts and in the public arena.

No consideration will be given to past loyalties and achievements.

If Mr Keogh was aware of all this then my admiration of him, and anyone who dons a Captain's armband, knows no bounds!

As for the EFL  ...... ! 

Am I really surprised that players are not queuing up to join DCFC at present?

11 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

Not really bothered we havent signed anyone-we are going nowhere this season shame we cant offload a couple more-Jozefzoon ,Anya 

Anya contract expires 30th June this year, not long to go now! Martin and Huddlestone’s also finish on that date.Just hoping that we’re still in this Division ( think we’ll be ok) and those hefty salaries saved will be put to good use recruitment wise ?

Archived