January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Raich Van Carter said:

What with Derby being such a lovely place?? ??

Derby is a poohole but it’s our poohole. 

When I started going to away games I realised Derby’s not really that bad. It’s no Birmingham or Hull.

Makes you appreciate Notts as well, granted this probably isn’t the place for it, but it’s genuinely one of the country’s nicer cities. 

3 hours ago, cannable said:

When I started going to away games I realised Derby’s not really that bad. It’s no Birmingham or Hull.

Makes you appreciate Notts as well, granted this probably isn’t the place for it, but it’s genuinely one of the country’s nicer cities. 

Eh? 

The side needs some fresh blood, Rooney shouldn’t be playing full 90 minutes in cup games - bet that’s written into his contract ? “play when fit”

A new defender is a must, a creative midfield is a must and I’d argue we haven’t got a single striker here who can head a ball, bring in a target man if needs be, Glen Murray for the season

11 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

We really could do with 2 attacking players this month. Cocu did say he expected 2 signings, maybe more if there are outgoings. Well currently we have let 4 players go in Mitchell, JML, Paterson & Dowell only bringing in Rooney. Also there is talk of either, maybe both, of Jozefzoon & Bennett leaving which if both went thats 5 'attacking' players out with only 1 in but even then Rooney is playing quite deep.

Personally think a centre back & attacking player on loan with a permanent attacking signing would be ideal. Obviously been liked with a couple of wingers on permanent deals already and Benkovic on loan which ticks 2 of the boxes. Hopefully we can find another attacking player then on loan if we let FloJo and/or Bennett go.

5-you’ve omitted George Thorne !

2 hours ago, Papahet said:

The side needs some fresh blood, Rooney shouldn’t be playing full 90 minutes in cup games - bet that’s written into his contract ? “play when fit”

A new defender is a must, a creative midfield is a must and I’d argue we haven’t got a single striker here who can head a ball, bring in a target man if needs be, Glen Murray for the season

I’d argue we already have enough creativity in the side and the issue is that we have too many players that want the ball to feet and we’re too narrow. 

3 hours ago, Papahet said:

Murray wants a 18 month deal and no pay cut apparently wherever he moves.

49 minutes ago, Westcumbrianram said:

At this point I would take anyone, 6 days left and we've done fudge all. Anything to get a little excitement around here.

It's ok, we are looking to do our business early, Cocu is aware of the budget he has, Mel expects deals to be done, Cocu knows the players he wants, we have been looking at them for some time. Cocu is also aware of "which shop he is able to do business in", he says he wants us to do the deals we tried to do in August but wasnt able to do...

Any day now.

I know its frustrating we havent signed anyone yet but would people rather us have gone down our list of targets earlier and missed out on our main target just so we had our business done quicker?

Benkovic was clearly expected to be done sooner, I doubt Leicester and us expected Benkovic, Morgan & Demiral all to get injured at the same time to delay the move.

The club gets criticised for signing rubbish players but also get criticised for waiting for our main targets to be available, lose lose situation. Im sure we could have easily signed our 4th and 5th choice options in week one of the window but why not wait for options 1 & 2 first.

6 hours ago, Westcumbrianram said:

At this point I would take anyone, 6 days left and we've done fudge all. Anything to get a little excitement around here.

Haven't we been there before - panic signing anyone? I'd rather we didn't sign anyone rather than someone just for the sake of it and to keep some fans happy.

13 minutes ago, Topram said:

The squad needs a boost some fans need a boost 

FTFY.

I don't need a boost and certainly don't need the club to be chucking money around just to appease the needy. I'm happy with our recent run of form and think the squad and can still do a job if they all stay fit.

Archived