January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/01/2020 at 22:03, Sean said:

Not a transfer but a suggestion. Saba Lobzhanidze at Randers in Denmark. Left winger or attacking midfielder, 24 goals in 84 games, Georgian international, 25 years old and should be available on the cheap.

Lobzhanidze and Jóźwiak bombing down the wings. Now we're talking...

I hope he’s a grafter and not a lazy lobjanidze

I honestly think were best off signing no one else in this window 

Gone from thinking 3-4 players start of Jan make a push. To keep playing the young lads, work with what we have. If possible shift some deadwood but we say that every window & never do ?

54 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I haven't trusted him since the time he claimed Craig Bryson was going to the PFA to try to force through a move to Burnley because they'd met his release cause.

Does that sound like Craig Bryson to you?

That happened 

16 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Oh.

My opinion of Bryson just took a massive downturn then.

That is unless you ARE Alan Nixon and thus I will continue in blissful ignorance ?

Meh, didn’t get on with McClaren after Wembley, he was still reeling about Clough, his wages doubled and Premier League football.

We blew Burnley’s offer out of the water to keep him.

It it makes you feel better he turned QPR down out of loyalty to us? 

This is a bit leftfield, but hear me out.

What if we try and transfer an actual window?

We could go for Selfridges on Oxford Street.

It will take time to settle because it won't start to hit its stride until December 2020.

But think of the publicity up to next Christmas.

I'd have Mel as the Baby Jesus in one window and Patrick Bamford as the goat paying homage.

Not entirely sure there was a goat in that scene, but there is now because it's our window and it's Bamford the utter Bamford.

Also, I doubt we get hit by FFP restrictions for hiring a window even in the transfer window, so it's a win/win.

selfridges-LOTI.jpg

5 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

This is a bit leftfield, but hear me out.

What if we try and transfer an actual window?

We could go for Selfridges on Oxford Street.

It will take time to settle because it won't start to hit its stride until December 2020.

But think of the publicity up to next Christmas.

I'd have Mel as the Baby Jesus in one window and Patrick Bamford as the goat paying homage.

Not entirely sure there was a goat in that scene, but there is now because it's our window and it's Bamford the utter Bamford.

Also, I doubt we get hit by FFP restrictions for hiring a window even in the transfer window, so it's a win/win.

selfridges-LOTI.jpg

That's just pane stupid, unless the Glazers from Manure are the new investors. 

Just now, oomarkwright said:

Well this has been a right damp squid of a window not helped by ffp. Couple of exits no new buys or loans save Roo. 

Can see logic in not wasting money we don't have. 

I still would like us to look for gems in L1 and 2 for 500k or less. Holmes has turned out well. 

Someone just suggested to me that we could be under some sort of soft embargo by the EFL where we can't spend any money at the minute or we will be heavily punished if eventually found guilty.

Not sure if that could be the case, it wasn't mentioned in either of the released statements, but it would make sense as it stops Mel Morris blowing 50 million on players in anticipation of being banned for a few windows.

3 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Well this has been a right damp squid of a window not helped by ffp. Couple of exits no new buys or loans save Roo. 

I still would like us to look for gems in L1 and 2 for 500k or less. Holmes has turned out well. 

Also with the caveat that very few teams have done anything, let alone anything of note. January Windows are the worst.

22 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Agreed. Would love to see a CB in - Dickie on a permanent or Benkovic on loan but I'm not overly concerned as the young'uns seem to be developing at a rate of knots and I can see that being a huge plus next season.

That said, bit jealous of Swansea ? Comforting myself with the knowledge that it's a pretty, shitty city and their loans will probably hate it there.

Archived