January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

That said, bit jealous of Swansea ?Comforting myself with the knowledge that it's a pretty, shitty city and their loans will probably hate it there.

What with Derby being such a lovely place?? ??

Derby is a poohole but it’s our poohole. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Raich Van Carter said:

What with Derby being such a lovely place?? ??

Derby is a poohole but it’s our poohole. 

We are trying to improve Derby. Haven't you seen all your recycled tins used to construct the velodrome?

Or the wonderfully characteristic quad building that really fits in with the modern surrounding areas

Then there's the brand new bus station that has cleverly created more congestion than the old one but it again matches the beauty of Derbyshire. When you think Derbyshire you think Buxton, Ashbourne, Darley Abbey, NASA Bus Depot, the Cathedral, Kedleston Hall... etc. 

And lets not forget the Assembly rooms. How much to renovate? £20m. You what? You changed your quote? How much then? £30m. I know it's a small increase but I think we have invested too much already. I mean we invested £2m so let's leave it alone. 

Derby takes great effort to improve it's territory. 

Anyway, got to go. Alvaston illuminations have turned green and that means I can continue crawling at 2mph admiring the millions they spent on improving the precinct. 

Fecking dump. How the heck do they take quite a nice town and manage to make it worse with every single project. 

14 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

This is a bit leftfield, but hear me out.

What if we try and transfer an actual window?

We could go for Selfridges on Oxford Street.

It will take time to settle because it won't start to hit its stride until December 2020.

But think of the publicity up to next Christmas.

I'd have Mel as the Baby Jesus in one window and Patrick Bamford as the goat paying homage.

Not entirely sure there was a goat in that scene, but there is now because it's our window and it's Bamford the utter Bamford.

Also, I doubt we get hit by FFP restrictions for hiring a window even in the transfer window, so it's a win/win.

selfridges-LOTI.jpg

Nah, people will see right through it.

Cocu's comments in his press conference feel worth underlining: 

"#dcfc have serious limitations in what we can do and we stick by it. If it means in the end it's not possible (to sign any players), it's not possible and I continue to work with the players and the team we have."

wouldn’t be surprised if we just saying targets to keep fans happy as we aren’t signing anyone

1 minute ago, Topram said:

Cocu's comments in his press conference feel worth underlining: 

"#dcfc have serious limitations in what we can do and we stick by it. If it means in the end it's not possible (to sign any players), it's not possible and I continue to work with the players and the team we have."

wouldn’t be surprised if we just saying targets to keep fans happy as we aren’t signing anyone

Or he's saying that to make clubs aware that we're not being messed with anymore and will pay whatever they want, or he's trying to get plays to push for the move to come here because of it.

You can spin it any which way you want to spin it. Best option... don't read into it and wait until February to see what's happened.

Can we such sign someone, anyone. Even Chris Weale would be a plus.

In all seriousness I appreciate our record in recent transfers is laughable but I was hoping we knew what we needed and would get it done early. I know injuries and replacements have delayed the Benkovic signing but was hoping to see some attacking options come in. It will be a last minute rush and we will overpay for a below par player yet again.

45 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Can we such sign someone, anyone. Even Chris Weale would be a plus.

In all seriousness I appreciate our record in recent transfers is laughable but I was hoping we knew what we needed and would get it done early. I know injuries and replacements have delayed the Benkovic signing but was hoping to see some attacking options come in. It will be a last minute rush and we will overpay for a below par player yet again.

I hope we sign someone who loves scoring goals. 

We have lots of players who can play but few who would dive full length just to get their ear on the ball to send it into the net. 

That's why Billy Sharp was an interesting link. An old fashioned goalscorer. 

4 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Keep seeing whispers on Twitter about Tom Ince returning.

No idea where the rumours have come from, and I’m assuming they’re absolute ******** (especially with financial restrictions) but just thought I’d put it in here.

It's a cunning plan by Cocu.  With Ince back in the fold he shares scapegoating duties with Lawrence.

Can you imagine the threads on here arguing which of them smiled less?  Priceless I tell you ?

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

No idea where the rumours have come from, and I’m assuming they’re absolute ******** (especially with financial restrictions) but just thought I’d put it in here.

Swap deal for Lawrence; we can all dream 

7 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

It's a cunning plan by Cocu.  With Ince back in the fold he shares scapegoating duties with Lawrence.

Can you imagine the threads on here arguing which of them smiled less?  Priceless I tell you ?

Whilst he wasn’t as much of a scapegoat as Lawrence, I cannot understand the flack Ince got at times. He carried us for pretty much all the time that he was here.

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

??? here's your link 

We really could do with 2 attacking players this month. Cocu did say he expected 2 signings, maybe more if there are outgoings. Well currently we have let 4 players go in Mitchell, JML, Paterson & Dowell only bringing in Rooney. Also there is talk of either, maybe both, of Jozefzoon & Bennett leaving which if both went thats 5 'attacking' players out with only 1 in but even then Rooney is playing quite deep.

Personally think a centre back & attacking player on loan with a permanent attacking signing would be ideal. Obviously been liked with a couple of wingers on permanent deals already and Benkovic on loan which ticks 2 of the boxes. Hopefully we can find another attacking player then on loan if we let FloJo and/or Bennett go.

Archived