January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

15 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Its used copiously in my profession and so I simply copied the use across. Its not a "football term" as such, so if you don't work in financial services you may not be as used to using H1, H2 Q1-4 etc etc as a measure of time

Well don't do it again ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Living through a transfer window is like making love to a beautiful woman............

........early feverish anticipation gives way to deepening disillusionment and rejection and weeks later, having set your heart on an early 20's stunner you end up with late 30's tug.......

swiss_toni.jpg

You've got to put it in (your offer) and hope that it's big enough to have the desired effect. 

1 hour ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Don’t get why we aren’t in for Vydra. 
we play two up top and he could play well with Martin.

Can play number 10 when we play 4-2-3-1 away from home.

Most importantly he is a goal scorer and that is what we need 

I don’t think we can afford him - but I would have him 

Hull have just signed Martin Samuelson on a 2 1/2 year deal from West Ham ...he is Norwegian and I’ve seen him play several times for Peterborough whilst on loan ...a very skilful attacking wide or central player ...I would’ve liked us to have gone for him on a free ...will be interesting to see how he gets on at Hull ...why are we seemingly never in for players like this ....

47 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Hull have just signed Martin Samuelson on a 2 1/2 year deal from West Ham ...he is Norwegian and I’ve seen him play several times for Peterborough whilst on loan ...a very skilful attacking wide or central player ...I would’ve liked us to have gone for him on a free ...will be interesting to see how he gets on at Hull ...why are we seemingly never in for players like this ....

Looks like an ‘undisclosed fee’ rather than a freebie

3 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Don’t get why we aren’t in for Vydra. 
we play two up top and he could play well with Martin.

Can play number 10 when we play 4-2-3-1 away from home.

Most importantly he is a goal scorer and that is what we need 

I agree with what you say but how do you know we’re not? Lots of fans are getting agitated on this and other threads about totally speculative posts from dubious websites purely down to frustration methinks but I’d rather sign someone unexpected without everyone knowing of our interest thereby inflating the asking prices or terms.

10 minutes ago, nogbad van 50 said:

I agree with what you say but how do you know we’re not? Lots of fans are getting agitated on this and other threads about totally speculative posts from dubious websites purely down to frustration methinks but I’d rather sign someone unexpected without everyone knowing of our interest thereby inflating the asking prices or terms.

I think a lot of fans are just wanting some signings.

This side needs a new attacking midfielder and a centre half.

If we don’t get both of those then it’s been a poor window imo.

50 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Looks like an ‘undisclosed fee’ rather than a freebie

A good player though Ramnut seen him play quite a bit for West Ham and Peterborough ...skilful tall quick feet scores goals and can play a few positions I’d actually rather have him than Lawrence or Bennett ...never mind 

Archived