January 2020 transfer window

oomarkwright

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I think a lot of fans are just wanting some signings.

This side needs a new attacking midfielder and a centre half.

If we don’t get both of those then it’s been a poor window imo.

Centre half is a massive priority and it appears that Benkovic is still the number one target but that one depends on Leicester getting another centre half in.The story about Kadioglu from Fenerbahce won’t go away either and I think that’ll go right to the wire.The January transfer window is,always has been and always will be the hardest one to do business in.I don’t want to hear anyone’s name until I see them holding the shirt and hearing Colin Gibson saying “welcome to Derby County!”

40 minutes ago, S8TY said:

A good player though Ramnut seen him play quite a bit for West Ham and Peterborough ...skilful tall quick feet scores goals and can play a few positions I’d actually rather have him than Lawrence or Bennett ...never mind 

Don’t disagree. I think we need to speculate a bit on players with potential.

(Save our money for the Bosnian and Croatian warlords I have identified for central defence. Try getting past them!).

7F8F660B-41D6-48EC-B032-CDDD7CAAE2DA.thumb.jpeg.e2690a94aae91331af80f3ad707fb835.jpeg

AFE77E73-C7A6-4343-9513-937F008C3A4E.thumb.jpeg.ed6d00c0362174ba0a023c7ac35e8de0.jpeg

Other targets meaning 2nd and 3rd choices again + more excuses. I’m all for giving Cocu time but I’m the summer window he has to be more strict with Mel and the recruitment team to get signings done.

weve thrown money at players and lost out we’ve took too long on players and lost out we need to find a balance inbetween. Looks to me like we’re going for the slow and silly approach 

I know we shouldn't care too much about other clubs but, for anyone going into meltdown because we haven't signed a player yet, as far as I can see (BBC website) none of these championship clubs have signed one yet:

WBA, Leeds, Brentford, Forest, Wednesday, Millwall, Bristol, Cardiff, Blackburn, Reading, Birmingham, Stoke or Luton.

I assume wisdom playing at centre half today was Cocu checking that wisdom can do it if needed as we are not expecting to cover centre half anymore in the window - we do have Davies, Clarke, wisdom,Forsyth,Evans and Huddlestone who could step in there

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I assume wisdom playing at centre half today was Cocu checking that wisdom can do it if needed as we are not expecting to cover centre half anymore in the window - we do have Davies, Clarke, wisdom,Forsyth,Evans and Huddlestone who could step in there

Definitely still think we need another attacker 

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Just realised the EFL have tried to do us over already this transfer window, moved our game vs Stoke to deadline day!

Shuts at 11pm so will give us an hour after the final whistle to sign our next Chris Weale

We ain’t signing anyone anyway

Seems unlikely to me that we can win the case against EFL.  However I would not want to take on Mel. He must have weighed the risks and been advised that he was ok to proceed. We will see. Worst scenario is the day after we qualify for the Play Offs, we get docked 9 points and it drags on to appeal. Unlikely to happen but we can trust that it does work out well in all areas.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

We struggle to accommodate the ones we have. Not saying we don’t need better but we have too many square pegs in round holes we need to Move on first. 

I liked the fact that Cocu said he only wants to sign players that genuinely improve us - he means it. 

2 hours ago, Topram said:

We need to sign a creative playmaker midfielder who can supply more good chances for Martin, Waghorn, Marriott, Bennett and Whittaker. And if you think our strikers are'nt upto it, we must get in a young hungry talented striker from the lower divisions or else where to find a bargain.

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

We need to sign a creative playmaker midfielder who can supply more good chances for Martin, Waghorn, Marriott, Bennett and Whittaker. And if you think our strikers are'nt upto it, we must get in a young hungry talented striker from the lower divisions or else where to find a bargain.

Definitely but the fact they didn’t even ask about transfer suggest they might of been told not too

Archived