View from the outside 19/20

Andicis

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

You mean like ?

Yes, I thought the same after I read @David post, but by then it was too late!

Whilst I was of course conscious of my actions whilst posting, I had absolutely no idea about the effects with regards to the advertising/revenue etc that David later mentioned.
David's comments now duly noted, hand duly self-slapped, and habit's duly changed!  Apologies!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Cardiff
"I know they get decent crowds but Derby have been chucking money at promotion for years now, they must be flirting with FFP."

Pah, imagine thinking crowd attendance is how you raise funds for players.

Its 2019, Morris and Pearce have done away with all that.

I sort of love that we're pissing people off, and that clubs are upset that their directorship and owners hadn't thought of these ideas before. I really don't believe we've chucked that much money at it in recent years. Perhaps in wages, but the net spend has usually been low. Bielik is the first big fee without selling first in quite a while. Rooney's wages are offset by a top notch sponsorship deal.

Honestly, I'm not saying we've assembled this team on a shoestring budget but we get far too much stick for spending loads when there are clubs who spent a lot more than us. Forest for starters. Aston Villa also, but because they successfully went up, nobody bats an eyelid.

duck it, bring on the hatred of others clubs fans. We know what we're about.

2 hours ago, Andicis said:

In summary, a whole lot of crying about us, the EFL, FFP and 32Red ?

The best thing is that everyone knows all that is a smoke screen. The real reason is they can't handle losing in the play offs. That resentment has been festering ever since we denied them what they believe is their rightful place at the top table. They are entitled ricks. An absolute joke of a fanbase. I'd say duck em, but that would contaminate the gene pool.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yes, I thought the same after I read @David post, but by then it was too late!

Whilst I was of course conscious of my actions whilst posting, I had absolutely no idea about the effects with regards to the advertising/revenue etc that David later mentioned.
David's comments now duly noted, hand duly self-slapped, and habit's duly changed!  Apologies!

The funny thing is arse isn't censored ??

big cat oops GIF by Barstool Sports

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Read on another site we would match his MLS Wage of 85k a year with is a bit different to 100k PER WEEK!

No one ultimately knows the wages he will earn at Derby, but Morris has mentioned that he will make us a profit over the course of his contract. I wouldn't worry too much about the wages, certainly if you trust the guys in charge. 

As far as we're concerned he's playing for free. 

5 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I'm sorry but the guy who was instrumental in changing the laws that gambling firms have been able to exploit for years really shouldn't be lobbing stones around in his brittle glass dwelling.  The bamford is a Shef Utd fan as well...  ******

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I'm not sure about it tbh.

If we're not competing at the very top of league, the sponsorship interest will fizzle out. 

The demise of Wayne Rooney's career? Press will love that - all coverage is good coverage as far as sponsorships go.

11 hours ago, David said:

Not sure why people still feel the need to try and bypass it, but they do. 

I hope my decision made a while ago to use Bamford instead of ALL insults whether swears or otherwise doesn't get construed as trying to get around the filters

I genuinely do think it's the worst thing anyone can be accused of being and a legitimately powerful insult

Archived