View from the outside 19/20

Andicis

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A few good quotes from a few forums regarding Rooney... (hopefully the swear filter works)

Birmingham
"What a signing that is."

Bristol City
"Clubs should refuse to play the ricks who act like this."

Cardiff
"He will destroy championship defenders"
"I know they get decent crowds but Derby have been chucking money at promotion for years now, they must be flirting with FFP."

Leeds
"Absolute ducking joke. Jesus I ducking hate them"
"Fuckinh joke. As much as i hate the guy he will be the best player in the league easily. Still only 33."
"They're only doing it to annoy us"
"[Derby have] been taking the piss for years"
"Corrupt as duck"

Millwall
"Quality player still, coup for Derby."
"He is a Bamford Derby are Bamfords,perfect match,he will keep them in this division mong brains actually believe he can take them up.complete Bamfords"

Stoke
"Would be an excellent addition to any club in this league"

Swansea
"Derby have to go up, or the poo hits the fan"

West Brom
"How the hell are Derby going to be able to afford Rooney??... still think he would score a lot of goals at Championship level."

Wigan
"Cheating barstewards!"

always thought the leeds hate was a one way thing, no longer true.  Excellent

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I dont necessarily subscribe to your logic that because we've failed to get promoted for 12 seasons ergo it's a tough league, the two statements can't be validly linked.

No, but it does suggest that for us it hasn't been plain sailing. We have consistently been up there for the last five years but still haven't gone up whereas the likes of Huddersfield have. That tells me the league is certainly unpredictable. The relegated teams can't just expect to go straight back up because they are now dropping to playing "weaker" opposition.

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

always thought the leeds hate was a one way thing, no longer true.  Excellent

Reading on their main forum, they went into great depths about how much they hate us. We really got under their skin last year ?.

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A few good quotes from a few forums regarding Rooney... (hopefully the swear filter works)

Birmingham
"What a signing that is."

Bristol City
"Clubs should refuse to play the ricks who act like this."

Cardiff
"He will destroy championship defenders"
"I know they get decent crowds but Derby have been chucking money at promotion for years now, they must be flirting with FFP."

Leeds
"Absolute ducking joke. Jesus I ducking hate them"
"Fuckinh joke. As much as i hate the guy he will be the best player in the league easily. Still only 33."
"They're only doing it to annoy us"
"[Derby have] been taking the piss for years"
"Corrupt as duck"

Millwall
"Quality player still, coup for Derby."
"He is a Bamford Derby are Bamfords,perfect match,he will keep them in this division mong brains actually believe he can take them up.complete Bamfords"

Stoke
"Would be an excellent addition to any club in this league"

Swansea
"Derby have to go up, or the poo hits the fan"

West Brom
"How the hell are Derby going to be able to afford Rooney??... still think he would score a lot of goals at Championship level."

Wigan
"Cheating barstewards!"

I have decided this is my favourite topic on this forum and I hope this continues.

44 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

They love to claim that we are obsessed with them yet some of them seem to think we are doing this specifically to annoy them. Hilarious.

Jacks run behind the goal after his deft flick/chip was a beautiful moment in the history of football. I loved him before and I love him more now. Whatever his golfing handicap 

I love the Leeds “ they’re only doing it to annoy us”! Of course we are- we don’t care about winning, about getting the best players, building a successful team - our only motive in all that we do is to annoy Leeds!! Arrogant? I should say so!

30 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

We're probably going to get a lot of hate from other clubs over this. But nevermind. It's worth it if it's annoyed Leeds.

Thing is, it’s nothing none of them couldn’t have done. We’re paying £80k a week for 18 months, that’s not even £6m, not to mention the potential sponsorship returns. How many of them have spunked £6m on comparative dross?

rooney has no prior affiliation with Derby. He could have gone to absolutely any championship club.

Theyre butt hurt cos none of their networks even knew he was available, and that the option was there. Or no other owners thought big enough to go get him. 

Or maybe they’re butt hurt cos we put in the hard yards making our club desirable, with first class facilities, first class academy, track record of developing youth etc etc, all the things that would tempt a rooney.

What was stopping a Middlesbrough from going in for him, or one of the many clubs still with parachute payments? But then why would rooney want to go to a Middlesbrough? 

Sith Happens

Why do we assume he is getting 80k a week anyway, just because he was.

I would guess its a fair bit lower but with huge bonuses for promotion etc

Archived