View from the outside 19/20

Andicis

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What other clubs and fans don't seem to understand, is that we are being run by a very shrewd and ruthless businessman. Mel has been successful in his prior business ventures but that doesn't necessarily directly translate to club ownership. He has surrounded himself with good people at the top and learned from prior mistakes.

He went big risk, big reward with Lampard and it payed off. And now he has upped the status of Derby, we are starting to see how his business dealings are really done. He is playing with FFP perfectly fine and inline with the law of  the league. Created a sustainable model for developing players and selling them on if needs be. And making us an attractive club and investment opportunity; all while making sure that our football is attractive to watch.

The guy understands football and what fans want. The majority of us gave him a lot of stick in the first couple of Mel years. But he has come out the other side and I wouldn't want anyone else leading this club.

21 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

Forgive my ignorance but what is a 'bamford' and a 'rick' and why do we deserve to be described in such terms  by cockney xnchors and wurzels from Bristol?

Bamford is this forum's euphamism for the C word ? 

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Why do we assume he is getting 80k a week anyway, just because he was.

I would guess its a fair bit lower but with huge bonuses for promotion etc

He was on 55k a week at DC. I think 80k is a figure plucked out of Dean Saunders’ arse. I imagine he’s on anywhere between 35-60k.

8 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Again, not sure how true that is. Significant investment doesn’t necessarily equal, for example, £3.6 million.

They’re certainly contributing though.

Yeah, but we can just pretend they are paying it all, then sit back and watch all the fans of other clubs have a fit about it.

36 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Doesn’t really matter how much he’s on, 32Red are paying it???

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Again, not sure how true that is. Significant investment doesn’t necessarily equal, for example, £3.6 million.

They’re certainly contributing though.

The 32 shirt is certainly no coincidence.

From Waccoe (Leeds):

''duck Derby and everything to do with them ,and hopefully fat duck Rooney will be a waste of money .

BUT. There is something to admire in how they have pulled this off , sponsorship etc .

why can’t we do the same .

Milner ?''

''Derby are getting creative with FFP aren’t they? Selling the ground to themselves, using sponsorship to pay wages. Can’t we be a bit more canny? ''

''These 32Red Bamfords...If I had a new Leeds shirt I'd be getting the permanent marker out to it.''

''There is a reason why he is signing for Derby, no one else wants him.

If he was any good at all anymore he would not be heading to Derby.

FFS he was done before he joined Everton again.

Would anyone swap him for Pablo or Costa?

Harrison looked poo hot in the MLS just for some comparison.''

''Number one rivals now '' - In response to asked by another Leeds fan about the obsession with us.

''I know it's irrational but I ducking absolutely hate Derby County and it will be the 2nd result I look for every weekend. I ducking hate them''

In summary, a whole lot of crying about us, the EFL, FFP and 32Red ?

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Why do we assume he is getting 80k a week anyway, just because he was.

I would guess its a fair bit lower but with huge bonuses for promotion etc

He will be on a good wage although no were near 80k,i think he will probably get a slice of the commercial revenue that he will bring,already MM as said we have been offered a record breaking new shirt deal,plus supporters are already purchasing new shirts with his name on it.Plus our average gate last season was around the 27k mark, you see if you are able to get a ticket once he arrives thats another 3000 possible ticket sales at around £25.00 a ticket that MM can use to finance the deal

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A few good quotes from a few forums regarding Rooney... (hopefully the swear filter works)

Birmingham
"What a signing that is."

Bristol City
"Clubs should refuse to play the ricks who act like this."

Cardiff
"He will destroy championship defenders"
"I know they get decent crowds but Derby have been chucking money at promotion for years now, they must be flirting with FFP."

Leeds
"Absolute ducking joke. Jesus I ducking hate them"
"Fuckinh joke. As much as i hate the guy he will be the best player in the league easily. Still only 33."
"They're only doing it to annoy us"
"[Derby have] been taking the piss for years"
"Corrupt as duck"

Millwall
"Quality player still, coup for Derby."
"He is a Bamford Derby are Bamfords,perfect match,he will keep them in this division mong brains actually believe he can take them up.complete Bamfords"

Stoke
"Would be an excellent addition to any club in this league"

Swansea
"Derby have to go up, or the poo hits the fan"

West Brom
"How the hell are Derby going to be able to afford Rooney??... still think he would score a lot of goals at Championship level."

Wigan
"Cheating barstewards!"

Good to see L**ds finally starting to hate us, after apparently not giving us a seconds thought for the past 50 years... makes our last game v them even more satisfying!  :-)

Archived