View from the outside 19/20

Andicis

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I noticed a few Sheffield United fans predicting we would be relegated. It’s no surprise.

They're not a very literate fan base, then. Our team hasn't gotten younger since the end of last season and we were playing fine then and  picking up a reasonable amount of points. We'll be nowhere near that.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I noticed a few Sheffield United fans predicting we would be relegated. It’s no surprise. We have a young team with a high ceiling and arguably a low floor, albeit not that low IMO. 

I’m excited to see what Bird and Sibley can achieve this season in particular, personally my opinion of Sibley couldn’t be higher - I love everything he embodies as a player. He’s Will Hughes and Mason Mount rolled into one. Obviously, I expect that he will have a target on his back, but this is likely to be the last season we see him in a Derby shirt (if he’s half the player I think he is and can be) so really want to see us make the most of it. 

Sheffield Utd are basically a mini-Leeds - thick as pigswill

Bit like mini-West Ham who signed Bennett, they want to convince themselves they've mugged another club of their best players. Bogle & Lowe are talented no doubt but we're arguably better off now with Byrne & Buchanan (and potentially much better off once the winger & striker arrive with the proceeds of their sale). We won't be dabbling with bottom half, let alone bottom 3.

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You’re thinking of Cardiff...

This started to bother me too much and I had to check it. He surely did prefer blue shirts. 

1988–1995 Arsenal

1989→ Leyton Orient (loan)

1989→ Leicester City (loan)

1995–1998 Nottingham Forest

1998–1999 Trabzonspor

1999→ Everton (loan)

1999–2005 Everton

2005–2006 West Bromwich Albion

2006–2007 Cardiff City

10 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

I take comfort in Cocu saying that a winger coming in won’t be the end of the business. More assertive than previous when he’s tentatively said things like ‘we’ll see what we can do’. 

also he mentioned that play offs were the aim. 

aim of the play off's....... if he gets the quality signings he knows we need.  I agree, he is being more assertive and he has clearly made his case on what is needed to Mel.  I'm sure Mel will find a way to back Cocu as he must be delighted with the way the young lads are developing and getting opportunities. 

11 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Sheffield Utd are basically a mini-Leeds - thick as pigswill

Bit like mini-West Ham who signed Bennett, they want to convince themselves they've mugged another club of their best players. Bogle & Lowe are talented no doubt but we're arguably better off now with Byrne & Buchanan (and potentially much better off once the winger & striker arrive with the proceeds of their sale). We won't be dabbling with bottom half, let alone bottom 3.

Sheffield United and mugged us twice pal. 
Once when they sold us Lee Morris and then Clod.

5 minutes ago, Van Gritters said:

Sheffield United and mugged us twice pal. 
Once when they sold us Lee Morris and then Clod.

Lee Morris.  The man who had a season long back problem picking up his wallet when he dropped it.  ? They took us to court for unpaid add on's as well the same week as Ravanelli.  Made up for it a bit with that goal for Yeovil against the red dogs.

Archived