View from the outside 19/20

Andicis

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Andicis said:

To summarise it all succinctly, they think we're rubbish. 

They also love telling themselves that we (and every other championship club, man U, Liverpool, spurs, Chelsea and arsenal) are all obsessed with Leeds, and that Man U are their only real "rivals"

Which would seem very odd if you suggested as such to actual fans of any of these clubs.

25 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

They also love telling themselves that we (and every other championship club, man U, Liverpool, spurs, Chelsea and arsenal) are all obsessed with Leeds, and that Man U are their only real "rivals"

Which would seem very odd if you suggested as such to actual fans of any of these clubs.

They think they're much bigger and more important than they are. It's funny, they have an issue going on. On one hand, they want to call us rubbish, on the other hand, it raises questions on how good they are if they do that, so some of them were nicer around us, I assume, so they could big themselves up more. It's interesting mental gymnastics from them.

Just read through the Birmingham thread and I'm genuinely surprised by how many of them think they were "robbed"

I thought the game was pretty even and could've gone either way. They scored two in 3 minutes but other than that, they hardly battered us with goalscoring opportunities.

11 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Just read through the Birmingham thread and I'm genuinely surprised by how many of them think they were "robbed"

I thought the game was pretty even and could've gone either way. They scored two in 3 minutes but other than that, they hardly battered us with goalscoring opportunities.

Robbed is bit too strong but I can understand the disappointment. From 2-0 down to 2-2, miss the penalty and having all the control of the game just to lose through slip from CB. Bit worrying that our both wins are more or less gifted to us by opponent's CB mistake, not some awesome attack from our team.

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Robbed is bit too strong but I can understand the disappointment. From 2-0 down to 2-2, miss the penalty and having all the control of the game just to lose through slip from CB. Bit worrying that our both wins are more or less gifted to us by opponent's CB mistake, not some awesome attack from our team.

The slip was the second goal. There was nothing lucky about the winner. It was an excellent counter attack.

6 hours ago, Roboram said:

To be fair if I was a Brum fan I'd have been disappointed not to have taken anything from that game. But that's how it goes.

Correct it does we deserved nothing at Leeds but got a late goal ,yet against WBA we should of won that game then lost 2 points from a debatable penalty

3 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Correct it does we deserved nothing at Leeds but got a late goal ,yet against WBA we should of won that game then lost 2 points from a debatable penalty

I still think we deserved the 3 points against Swansea too

What goes around and all that

20 hours ago, richinspain said:

The slip was the second goal. There was nothing lucky about the winner. It was an excellent counter attack.

My bad! Mixed those two. Counter was beauty, Paterson clearing it with overhead kick inside our box and seconds later ending the move. Description of determined run.

21 hours ago, richinspain said:

The fact that we're counter attacking at home and teams are enjoying at least parity in possession (and often the greater share of chances) shows we are not dominating games.

Its therefore a bit of a toss-up as to whether we will win or not - gone are the days (for now) where we seemed to strike fear into our opponents at home as we were doing around 2014-ish.

Ah well.....

48 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

The fact that we're counter attacking at home and teams are enjoying at least parity in possession (and often the greater share of chances) shows we are not dominating games.

Its therefore a bit of a toss-up as to whether we will win or not - gone are the days (for now) where we seemed to strike fear into our opponents at home as we were doing around 2014-ish.

Ah well.....

Agree with the for now. Give Cocu time and I think those days will come back. Needs a couple of transfer windows and for the youngsters to develop, we are a balanced midfield away from being a seriously good side

On 29/09/2019 at 21:22, Kernow said:

I used to work a lot in the west midlands. The blue noses (brum fans) are always moaning that they've been robbed....even after a win.  

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Agree with the for now. Give Cocu time and I think those days will come back. Needs a couple of transfer windows and for the youngsters to develop, we are a balanced midfield away from being a seriously good side

You’re dead right ... but that’s been a problem for way too long.

still, we’ll get there ?????

I've just been on the Stoke forum, they have a thread about Keogh and the drink drivers. I was just getting annoyed at their delight with out problems when I came across this ray of honesty.

No matter how poo things are at Derby I'm pretty sure we're out-pooping them at stoke at the moment.

Archived