View from the outside 19/20

Andicis

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bristol are a fairly safe bet to be in (or close to) the top 6. So, it’s natural to have a target of being better than Bristol. 

I have to disagree, nothing in this league is a safe bet. Luton and Charlton won against teams well above them. Bristol are not a good team, they are very poor technically and we gifted them a win due to our own defensive frailties. Bristol never come into the equation as a target for anyone in this league, they are a nothing club. Now being better then Florest and the dirties is another matter..... And this year we may have to conceed we just arent good enough.

24 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bristol are a fairly safe bet to be in (or close to) the top 6. So, it’s natural to have a target of being better than Bristol. 

I think Bristol will be top half which was the  entire point of my original post which  then seems to have either totally gone over some posters heads or was wilfully ignored for bedevilment.

33 minutes ago, papa_lazarou said:

I have to disagree, nothing in this league is a safe bet. Luton and Charlton won against teams well above them. Bristol are not a good team, they are very poor technically and we gifted them a win due to our own defensive frailties. Bristol never come into the equation as a target for anyone in this league, they are a nothing club. Now being better then Florest and the dirties is another matter..... And this year we may have to conceed we just arent good enough.

How does any team being able to beat anyone else matter? Table topping West Brom lost to Stoke and Boro ?‍♂️
8th last year and currently 7th, out of the top 6 on GD. They’ll be in and around top 6 for the rest of the season and next too. 

28 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think Bristol will be top half which was the  entire point of my original post which  then seems to have either totally gone over some posters heads or was wilfully ignored for bedevilment.

See my reply above. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

How does any team being able to beat anyone else matter? Table topping West Brom lost to Stoke and Boro ?‍♂️
8th last year and currently 7th, out of the top 6 on GD. They’ll be in and around top 6 for the rest of the season and next too. 

See my reply above. 

You said they are a fairly safe bet..... I disagree.... As per my comment... Any team in this league on their day can beat another. Stating that they (Bristol) are likely to be top 6 with this many games left is stretching it. They aren't very good.
You've basically contradicted yourself by admitting what I've just said, any team game beat any other in this league..... therefore there is no safe bet!
Way too close to call with so many games left and sides so tightly packed is really my view. Your entitled to your opinion, I think there are at least 6 better sides in the division who should finish above Bristol.

Make your own list folks...... I wouldn't put us in the top 6 btw. Think we've left it too late, but you never know!

Their home form, much like our away form suggests they aren't good enough.

44 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

See my reply above. 

The premise of my original post was based on Bristol will finish top half next season. My original point still stands therefore as with that assumption my post is still valid.

Whom is proved right or wrong regards their final league position will only be judged at the end of next season so is a moot point arguing it now. 

2 hours ago, papa_lazarou said:

Bristol are not a good team, they are very poor technically and we gifted them a win due to our own defensive frailties. Bristol never come into the equation as a target for anyone in this league, they are a nothing club.

They easily beat DCFC twice this season. What does that say about us ??

Just now, europia said:

Well, it tells you they were more clinical with their chances. They were not a better team than us, they won on the day due to some calamitous defending, and them taking their opportunities and getting a big slice of luck. They did not ''easily'' beat us yesterday, though, and you know it.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Well, it tells you they were more clinical with their chances. They were not a better team than us, they won on the day due to some calamitous defending, and them taking their opportunities and getting a big slice of luck. They did not ''easily'' beat us yesterday, though, and you know it.

Please don't tell me what I know, or do not know. It sounds rather condescending.

I'm afraid if you defend like a bunch of amateurs against a half decent championship side, you are likely to concede and that's what happened. Responding at 3-0 down in most instances, isn't going to deliver any kind of result. Regarding, luck, it has to be earned. Our defence barely earned their wages last night. Just my opinion, you are entitled to yours. 

Just now, europia said:

Please don't tell me what I know, or do not know. It sounds rather condescending.

I'm afraid if you defend like a bunch of amateurs against a half decent championship side, you are likely to concede and that's what happened. Responding at 3-0 down in most instances, isn't going to deliver any kind of result. Regarding, luck, it has to be earned. Our defence barely earned their wages last night. Just my opinion, you are entitled to yours. 

Because it was very patently a close game yesterday, and trying to paint it out as if they thrashed us is a weird angle to take. 

Good refereeing decisions have to be earned? Never heard such a load of baalocks. A competent official gives us a penalty call with a great opportunity to turn the game around. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Because it was very patently a close game yesterday, and trying to paint it out as if they thrashed us is a weird angle to take. 

Good refereeing decisions have to be earned? Never heard such a load of baalocks. A competent official gives us a penalty call with a great opportunity to turn the game around. 

The forum is about views and opinions. You seem unable to be able to respond to a post without attacking the poster for some reason? As I say you have your opinion, I am entitled to mine, but I won't lower myself to a slagging match.

Just now, europia said:

The forum is about views and opinions. You seem unable to be able to respond to a post without attacking the poster for some reason? As I say you have your opinion, I am entitled to mine, but I won't lower myself to a slagging match.

Well tell me, how can you earn a competent referee? What could we have possibly changed for the ref to have given us that call? 

Fact...

No one with even half a brain could claim that we were 'hammered' yesterday.

Fact.....

Strange things happen on a football pitch

Fact....

Referees miss obvious handball offences

Fact...

To quote Brian Clough after Maradonna's 'mano de Dios' goal against England..'Goals like that go in every week back home, it evens out over the season!'

Yesterday was a case of a game which could have gone either way and was, to quote Sky Sports, a great game for the neutral supporter.

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The premise of my original post was based on Bristol will finish top half next season. My original point still stands therefore as with that assumption my post is still valid.

Whom is proved right or wrong regards their final league position will only be judged at the end of next season so is a moot point arguing it now. 

steve brule GIF

Tbf sky were bigging Rooneys performance up a fair bit over the top. Bird was actually the most impressive player in that midfield and deserved more of a mention. But to call Rooney a joker is ludicrous - he was everywhere last night, made over 100 touches! He’s still very much got it in him. Any Bristol fan claiming that they weren’t at least a little fortunate to win last night is deluded. Or they just really enjoy anti football.

1 hour ago, europia said:

Must have been watching a different game to me the other night. Number of issues experienced in that game which cost us and none of them were because Bristol are a better team or play better football.

1. Defending set pieces... Problem all season.... and the season before.

2. Goalkeeping positioning also an ongoing problem.

3. Officials.... Poor decisions, however it's the previous 2 that cost us the game......

.......but ok your right... Bristol dominated us and beat us easily.

Moving on to Huddersfield...

They seem to have lost interest in the football and have taken to food and money instead.

"I mean just who are Derby County to say you can't bring any food or drink with you, the bag thing as well, I noticed it on Boxing Day at Man U but at least they had a storage area for them. They'd do better sorting out who pays what for the ground they play in and coming up with clever tricks like paying players mothers for scouting reports to avoid FFP and stopping their drunken players driving round the streets of Derby in potentially lethal road races rather than stopping fans bringing pop n crisps in a rucksack to the game. Hope they go bust!"

"Seems to be some kind of cartel in place as I read that there is a Greggs built into the side of the stadium but it is not allowed to open on match days! I suspect it would make a killing otherwise."

Archived