View from the outside 19/20

Andicis

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, loweman2 said:

And here are this weeks three ! The class of 86 ! 

5B2766E2-AADB-4CD3-B2BD-2ACC8CF66FB8.jpeg

The Maxwell period was another huge story in Derby’s history - probably now more notorious than famous but remarkable. Got to say those Sportsweek shirts are really special...love the white one which does have a Soviet look about it. 

Some more comedy gold from the Leeds fans...

"EFL really is a joke and so is FFP with things like this.
Media outlets claiming "Oh Mel Morris is a fantastic owner".
Selling the stadium and this is just blatant cheating. "

"The fans will be chuffed but the players will take sides as soon as conflict arises and the team will be split down the middle - all unity will be lost."

"Lazy fat shrek faced Bamford will probably spend the majority of the season on his back, eating Doritos in a rehabilitation unit. "

"Risks undermining the entire team-ethos, creating a focal point that undermines unity"

"I really hope their slimy sleaze-bag chairman crashes and burns."

"Fat pikey Bamford, hope someone takes him out"

"duck 32 Red"

Went to see some other forums what they think about the Rooney's coup and found this pearl from Wiki. I highlighted the best parts:

Jealousy generally refers to the thoughts or feelings of insecurity, fear, and concern over a relative lack of possessions.

Jealousy can consist of one or more emotions such as anger, resentment, inadequacy, helplessness or disgust. In its original meaning, jealousy is distinct from envy, though the two terms have popularly become synonymous in the English language, with jealousy now also taking on the definition originally used for envy alone.

Jealousy is a typical experience in human relationships, and it has been observed in infants as young as five months. Some researchers claim that jealousy is seen in all cultures and is a universal trait. However, others claim jealousy is a culture-specific emotion.

Jealousy can either be suspicious or reactive, and it is often reinforced as a series of particularly strong emotions and constructed as a universal human experience. Psychologists have proposed several models to study the processes underlying jealousy and have identified factors that result in jealousy. Sociologists have demonstrated that cultural beliefs and values play an important role in determining what triggers jealousy and what constitutes socially acceptable expressions of jealousy. Biologists have identified factors that may unconsciously influence the expression of jealousy.

Swansea

A lot complained about the refereeing decisions, claiming a lot of throw-ins and corners went the wrong way, and "How they missed Waghorn smashing Joe 10 yards in front of the assistant idk." Can't remember this incident to be honest. Another stated "Ref was absolutely shocking today. A homer if you ever saw one". The ref wasn't great but I felt he was consistent towards both teams.

One fan came out with "Derby won't be near the playoffs. Lack any of the threat Wilson and Mount provided last season. They overachieved under Lampard, don't understand why so many have picked them to do well." However, a high number claimed the draw to be an excellent result for them.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Swansea

A lot complained about the refereeing decisions, claiming a lot of throw-ins and corners went the wrong way, and "How they missed Waghorn smashing Joe 10 yards in front of the assistant idk." Can't remember this incident to be honest. Another stated "Ref was absolutely shocking today. A homer if you ever saw one". The ref wasn't great but I felt he was consistent towards both teams.

One fan came out with "Derby won't be near the playoffs. Lack any of the threat Wilson and Mount provided last season. They overachieved under Lampard, don't understand why so many have picked them to do well." However, a high number claimed the draw to be an excellent result for them.

We created more than them

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Swansea

I thought the ref had a pretty hit and miss game - Tried to let the play run and made some excellent calls on that side - But equally very inconsistent with the bookings and fouls and let them get away with some things which wouldn't normally have been allowed - Someone said his first game at this level so maybe a little leeway needs giving

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I thought the ref had a pretty hit and miss game - Tried to let the play run and made some excellent calls on that side - But equally very inconsistent with the bookings and fouls and let them get away with some things which wouldn't normally have been allowed - Someone said his first game at this level so maybe a little leeway needs giving

First game in this country I think?

I'd agree that the ref was very inconsistent. He made some poor decisions at the expense of both teams. I found it incredible that after issuing a highly dubious yellow to Keogh in the opening minutes, it took over an hour for any of Swansea's fouls to draw the same kind of punishment.

1 hour ago, Anon said:

I'd agree that the ref was very inconsistent. He made some poor decisions at the expense of both teams. I found it incredible that after issuing a highly dubious yellow to Keogh in the opening minutes, it took over an hour for any of Swansea's fouls to draw the same kind of punishment.

Hope Keogh gave him the full-on Medusa stare.

• 1 month later...

Archived