Fixtures announced today!!

Jimbo Ram

22 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

Tough start and tough run of fixtures to end the season. Then again, looking through the whole season, there's not many "easier" runs.

It's a tough division!

I contend that August is the best time to schedule the "tough" fixtures.  Teams that will be up at the top at the end of the season are quite likely to be still finding their feet, figuring out their best side and pattern of play.

IMO it turns them from tough games to anything-can-happen games.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, rynny said:

Just out of interest, I looked up last years:

image.thumb.png.b802d65ffd0d8eeb8a4a97d97fea15e7.png

Pretty safe to say the bookies' top 8 was not representative of the actual top 8 (4/8). But the bottom 8 was pretty close (6/8). Although that chart only seems to flag up the bottom and top 6 too so its far more grey.

Don’t really care who we play when because we’ve gotta play everyone twice regardless, just have to get on with however they’re drawn. Does appear a tough opening month on paper but sometimes things don’t go how you’d expect across the season- for instance, I don’t think Huddersfield or Brentford will be as good as were expecting across the season, Leeds however I reckon will be even stronger. One thing to always expect is the unexpected. No need to worry about when we play everyone, just need to worry about beating enough of them to go up. Simple as, start on a high, get to the top and stay there. Gotta play everyone eventually so why not at the start, new manager bounce maybe?

Only thing that gets me is opening day on a Monday night, won’t be going to that meaning my first away day will be stoke?. Tough opening fixture on paper as well, but I reckon with them coming down after a horrendous season we should be looking to prey on that before they recover confidence and should be looking at that away day as one of the ones to target all three points from rather than one to get a good start.

Ah well poo. To be honest depending on the manager we get in this season really could go many ways. We’ve seen decent teams go down before. Honestly with the team we currently have, the manager we get really will make the difference. Get someone bank, and we genuinely could go down. Someone good and we could storm the league. Who knows...

12 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

State of the replies on this... ?

I'm genuinely baffled how so many of them can lurk on the Derby County Twitter waiting for them to post something about Leeds so they can post in the comments that Derby are obsessed with them and that not one of them can see the hypocrisy of this.

6 minutes ago, JfR said:

I'm genuinely baffled how so many of them can lurk on the Derby County Twitter waiting for them to post something about Leeds so they can post in the comments that Derby are obsessed with them and that not one of them can see the hypocrisy of this.

Self awareness would be a very dangerous affliction for any Yorkshire man to become infected with. It could undermine their entire yorkshireness.

3 hours ago, JfR said:

They do like to keep a close eye on us don’t they?

?

Anyone else having difficulties syncing to their calendar on an iPhone? Did the usual download thing following the link, says it is synced but not showing the fixtures in the calendar. Says that I am subscribed to it though???? Any suggestions let me know, never had trouble before.

personally preferred a little fixture list card and actually talking to people but I suppose I have to try and live in the modern world if I have to. 

Archived