Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Daily Fail says we have Moore and Eustace down for interviews...just hope it’s for a coaching role and not the managers job!

Derek McInnes is a name I’ve not seen mentioned on here. Worked with Shinnie and Lowe, isn’t doing a bad job - his name is mentioned too.

McInnes has made Aberdeen consistently competitive for European football. He was trusted highly by our previous management team and if Shinnie/Lowe really like the guy then they will no doubt give Morris their feedback. 

I'd assume by the odds, Carrick will have an interview lined up over the coming days. I imagine that some circles know about it and are backing him on the off chance that he lands the gig. Moore & Monk will no doubt have interviews. 

I'm getting itchy teeth that we've not heard a single thing about Hughton though. 

On 15/06/2019 at 09:08, Carnero said:

How about a guy who's bought relative success to his team during the last 6 years (4 x 2nd place finishes, 3 x cup finals) and who has an in depth knowledge of what can be a very useful player market for a Championship club.

He also happens to be a big fan of our new midfield signing Graham Shinnie.

Derek McInnes from Aberdeen.

Ahem! ?

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

McInnes has made Aberdeen consistently competitive for European football. He was trusted highly by our previous management team and if Shinnie/Lowe really like the guy then they will no doubt give Morris their feedback. 

I'd assume by the odds, Carrick will have an interview lined up over the coming days. I imagine that some circles know about it and are backing him on the off chance that he lands the gig. Moore & Monk will no doubt have interviews. 

I'm getting itchy teeth that we've not heard a single thing about Hughton though. 

The guys 60. Perhaps he's thinking retirement.....

44 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Daily Fail says we have Moore and Eustace down for interviews...just hope it’s for a coaching role and not the managers job!

Derek McInnes is a name I’ve not seen mentioned on here. Worked with Shinnie and Lowe, isn’t doing a bad job - his name is mentioned too.

He didn’t do well at Bristol City.

I think this particular appointment following Lampard will be the most important that we have made for a number of years.

49 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

They can moves the odds about as much as they like,I suspect Mel made his choice and decision before he authorised Chelsea to officially speak to lamps.

Probably just a case of announcing it once Frank's departure is confirmed.

if that is true and it maybe, then the replacement must be currently out of work

What concerns me is that since I first starting watching the Rams in the early 60's I can only remember two occasions when I think a new manager has carried on or improved on the good work done by his predecessor (Mackay following Clough and McClaren following Clough) It's a worrying stat and doesn't bode well to me but fingers crossed that Mel appoints someone that at this time next year I can say that I've got three names on my list instead of two!

Archived