Suggestions for the next Derby manager

Think we can nick Vincent Kompany at least it would be fun again. obviously be named Vincent Kompany’s Derby county but get plenty of news coverage again. At least city wouldn’t come in for him for a while.not become anderlechts manager yet.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nick_Ram said:

I put a tenner on both Hughton and Gerrard to be the next manager. The odds have decreased from 16/1 to 9/1 for Hughton and Gerrard 20/1 to 16/1 in the space of an hour or so. 

Pleased to see Neil and Stendel in the betting

Moore would be horrendous. He was bad at West Brom. Tactically clueless, should’ve got that squad promoted.

Wouldnt be happy with Cowley.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Totally mental idea that would end in disaster but would be a laugh and definitely boost our chances of a decent investment.

David Beckham, if Mel rings him and offers him a crack at management I reckon he might give it a go.

@MuespachRam  - This is a fantastic idea - You might even move back for a season of the Golden Boy!

Break down the stats all you like, but I've got some stats for you on Daniel Stendel

Went into Hanover and couldn't stop them going down. Following season, was sacked as they weren't in the promotion spots. His replacement turned it around and got them up that same year

He got a very strong, only recently relegated Barnsley back up again. One half impressive season

Are we going for "proven" now or are we just looking at who has a really exotic sounding German name and hoping he's the next Klopp?

11 minutes ago, ptt1 said:

Think we can nick Vincent Kompany at least it would be fun again. obviously be named Vincent Kompany’s Derby county but get plenty of news coverage again. At least city wouldn’t come in for him for a while.not become anderlechts manager yet.

Thinking outside the box, I like it?not sure what type of manager he would make but would be worth a punt. Just don't see him wanting to stay in the uk.Certainly  charismatic ,head screwed on well respected good contacts able to attract decent loanees . Get Mel on the phone? as good as anybody previously mentioned and a dam site better than having Monk,Pulis,Moore,Keane and the likes.Could probably sell him on to City in a few years for £10 mill?.

11 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Totally mental idea that would end in disaster but would be a laugh and definitely boost our chances of a decent investment.

David Beckham, if Mel rings him and offers him a crack at management I reckon he might give it a go.

Isn't he tied up with the Mls  setting up his own club,loves  the usa and his lifestyle. Not sure he is management material  and has more money than Mel?

23 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Pleased to see Neil and Stendel in the betting

Moore would be horrendous. He was bad at West Brom. Tactically clueless, should’ve got that squad promoted.

Wouldnt be happy with Cowley.

A - Fricking men brother 

12 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Break down the stats all you like, but I've got some stats for you on Daniel Stendel

Went into Hanover and couldn't stop them going down. Following season, was sacked as they weren't in the promotion spots. His replacement turned it around and got them up that same year

He got a very strong, only recently relegated Barnsley back up again. One half impressive season

Are we going for "proven" now or are we just looking at who has a really exotic sounding German name and hoping he's the next Klopp?

Fair points when you point out their career facts. Like with Monk, people don’t remember he actually finished 8th in his only full season in the premier league.

Archived