Suggestions for the next Derby manager

9 minutes ago, Mark of Ayrshire said:

A vote for a thread like this would have been good, it’s just descended into hundreds of comments waffling about tactics from matches of four years ago (even down to descriptions of the goals) a load of ifs buts and maybes.  Until the new manager gets there nobody knows what will happen no matter how you all try to justify your choice. 

I'd vote for Eddie if he could bring Belgian  beer to Pride Park

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want Wassell. Not because I think he'd be a bad manager. How the duck do you pronounce it?! Wosul? Wasul?      Wa-sell? Drives me nuts 

7 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Surely Cowley isn't a serious suggestion? Fair enough he has done well at Lincoln, but he was a non-league player, and a non-league manager and now has two seasons of EFL experience at Lincoln. A club that doesn't even get 10,000 at a game. He will be overwhelmed very quickly by the size of the club at Derby, the expectation of the fans etc

They were getting less than 3000 when he went there. You could turn up at 2.45 and get a seat in the main stand right behind the dug outs. Last time i went it was packed, nearly sold out, loads of chanting, and the crowd stayed behind for a sing song at the end!

anyway......

Back on topic

spacer.pngspacer.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.7ad090844c7674ced84c6fe0b6f44326.jpeg

• legend 
  • stylish football
  • academy coach
  • player development
  • available
  • no chelsea connection
  • doesn't use a sun bed.

2 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Didn't realise he'd previously been the assistant manager at Ajax - but he hasn't done anything since basically Jan 2018

He's been waiting for Derby to call.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

They were getting less than 3000 when he went there. You could turn up at 2.45 and get a seat in the main stand right behind the dug outs. Last time i went it was packed, nearly sold out, loads of chanting, and the crowd stayed behind for a sing song at the end!

anyway......

Back on topic

spacer.pngspacer.pngimage.thumb.jpeg.7ad090844c7674ced84c6fe0b6f44326.jpeg

• legend 
  • stylish football
  • academy coach
  • player development
  • available
  • no chelsea connection
  • doesn't use a sun bed.

Springboard to the Gooners job! Been there, had that shafting. 

4 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Springboard to the Gooners job! Been there, had that shafting. 

He doesn't want to go to team that will be flying around, playing matches in europe.

When I met Charlie George and asked him who was the best player he’d ever seen, without even hesitation he replied: Dennis Bergkamp.

Some bloke on twitter

21 minutes ago, goldstar said:

I don't want Wassell. Not because I think he'd be a bad manager. How the duck do you pronounce it?! Wosul? Wasul?      Wa-sell? Drives me nuts 

Strange post. I've never heard it pronounced anything other than Wosul. 

If we are serious about getting out of this division then it needs to be someone who knows how to do it. I don’t care if we stop being a team that tries to play out from the back every game and walk the ball into the opposition net. I want my team to be respected and hard to beat, without being dour and boring to watch. I genuinely think that the only person mentioned so far who has the level of experience to achieve this is Chris Hughton. He is available and I think he would be a really good fit. 

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Strange post. I've never heard it pronounced anything other than Wosul. 

What can I say, I'm easily confused. Could even be a polish twist and be Vasell ?

Archived