Suggestions for the next Derby manager

Huddersfield,wolves,leeds,Watford all pulled managers out of the bag sure Mel can bring some one in to do a job other than everybody else's rejects and failures.

can't say any names mention enthrall  me with any great confidence ?

come on Mel work your magic ,just had a season where we have been projected as a high profile ambitious club looking for success surely it shouldn't be to hard to attract a confident ambitious manager with relevant experience and promise.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mel has stumbled on a new system for picking a manager when we let Gary Rowett go for 2m.  Getting 4m for Lampard only confirmed he was right...

Look at the top 6 and decide who will most likely need a new manager for the 20/21 season - most likely imo will be Manchester United if Solskjaer flops, find a recent ex-player employ him with a stupidly high get out clause then sit back and wait! Simples.

Gary Neville or Michael Carrick ait is ?

5 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Mel has stumbled on a new system for picking a manager when we let Gary Rowett go for 2m.  Getting 4m for Lampard only confirmed he was right...

Look at the top 6 and decide who will most likely need a new manager for the 20/21 season -  find a recent ex-player employ him with a stupidly high get out clause then sit back and wait! Simples.

image.thumb.jpeg.c4f2b2541de613b367077a7fe8d53d08.jpeg

£8 million.

22 hours ago, Dappled Ram said:

Well we've had a season with a "celebrity" manager and he came out of it very well but we're still stuck in the championship. Don't want another manager who uses us as a stepping stone.

Yes, can't be long before Klopp is offered the job of German national team coach. 

1 minute ago, plymouthram said:

How about Daniel Stendel, in his short senior management career 88 games 47 wins 24 draws 17 defeats giving him a 53.4% wins. Frank's one season was 57 games 24 wins 17 draws 16 defeats giving him a 42.1% wins.

Whatever happened about joey barton knocking his teeth out?

55 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Which isn't what I said.

His teams play decent against weak opposition by first and foremost asserting their physical dominance, whether that's force or workrate. It doesn't work in the league above though, so you're reduced to the poo he was producing last season.

I'm not saying he plays AWFUL football in the Championship, but again you're kidding yourself if you think the football they played was somehow exquisite passing football.

Exquisite passing teams don't get promoted and then change their entire playing style just because of the opposition. 

They may have 'dismantled, a Derby side but a Derby side with a notoriously weak, feeble spine who don't like it up em. Flat track bullies.

Chris Martin and Glenn Murray aren't the same player, you can't play the ball to Martin above chest height if you want him to do anything with it, with Murray you can.

Knockhaert is a player who's far too good for this league, that doesn't mean that the rest of their players were footballing marvels but you could rely on a player like that to win you points - the same can't be said of anyone in our squad.

His Newcastle side.. Newcastle basically spent ducking years building a squad out of strong, athletic players with some footballing ability. Biggest budget, a team that probably shouldn't even have been relegated based in the actual quality of their side. Anything other than winning the league with them would have been abject failure.

I'm not even that against the idea of him managing us, though I am a little bit, just think people are exaggerating on both sides of the argument.

There have been some very convincing arguments in his favour, I just know that whenever I saw Brighton in the promotion season they bored me, you just knew they'd pull something out the bag though, whether it skill or a jammy goal from an opposition mistake after constant harrassment. 

Not once did I enjoy watching them play.

You make several fair points and accept you didn’t say that Hughton was in the Pearson mould, that was more aimed at others who have. I take that one back.

I think his football in this league has been better than you make out. I agree it isn’t the champagne football of Mac 1 and might not be exciting as some of the Lampard games last season, but it would be more balanced tuned into the tools he has at his disposal and could prove more effective. Will it be glamorous - absolutely not but can’t think of a real star dust appointment out there.

6 hours ago, Igorlegend11 said:

Got to be Darren Moore....if only to have A team song back ......

Which also makes a great ring tone too

Honestly, Darren is not a football genius, so no matter how good it was you'll have to make do with your current ring tone ?

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Some (maybe) interesting changes in odds today:

Cowley gone to 7/4

Darren Moore 7/2

Chris Hughton 9/1

Alex Neil & Daniel Stendel 14/1

I put a tenner on both Hughton and Gerrard to be the next manager. The odds have decreased from 16/1 to 9/1 for Hughton and Gerrard 20/1 to 16/1 in the space of an hour or so. 

14 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

How about Daniel Stendel, in his short senior management career 88 games 47 wins 24 draws 17 defeats giving him a 53.4% wins. Frank's one season was 57 games 24 wins 17 draws 16 defeats giving him a 42.1% wins.

A lot of these in league 1. But more impressive is how he’s got them playing and beat teams to promotion with bigger budgets. Definitely worth considering 

Archived