Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh I've not heard a single name that excites me. 

I feel utterly fed up by the whole business. 

From euphoria at Elland Road and the feeling we were building something special to this; mucking up promotion, losing the manager and being in a state of chaos. Again. 

Only at ducking Derby. 

2 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Tbh I've not heard a single name that excites me. 

I feel utterly fed up by the whole business. 

From euphoria at Elland Road and the feeling we were building something special to this; mucking up promotion, losing the manager and being in a state of chaos. Again. 

Only at ducking Derby. 

Totally agree last month we were all buzzing with excitement, even though we lost the final I was looking forward to the season, now in all honesty ive the feeling of here we go again, a new man with a new 3 year plan probably, I just hope its not a different style of play as ive found it entertaining this year

28 minutes ago, Coconut said:

So Chris Hughton's teams play amazing, free flowing football in the Championship but reach the Premier League and all of a sudden drop it in favour of ultra defensive, survival football?

Nah, not buying that for a second, if you go up playing great football you try to continue playing in that style, have some faith in your convictions, try to further develop your team's trademark style like Bournemouth have done.

Why would you change your entire style rather than sticking to what worked? That takes far more effort than the above. What's the point in even going up if the only aim once you're up is nullifying the superior opposition?

People are kidding themselves if they believe Brighton went up playing anything like as good football as Bournemouth did, which is the aim for a team like ours. I suppose it's just a coincidence they went up with Lewis Dunk at the back and Glenn Murray & Hemed up front?

This idea that Bright HAD to play a certain way last season due to circumstance is such a load of BS, it's the way they've always played against 'better' opposition - flat track bullies with a dashing of flair, works brilliantly in the Championship but it would require at least 2 transfer windows to imprint on our squad.

Watch back Brighton dismantling us with knockaert running riot and see if you have the same opinion. Also go back and watch his Newcastle team. 

Just because he plays a big man up front doesn’t mean he’s route 1 pragmatism, or did you not watch the football under Mac 1 with Chris Martin as focal point? 

The idea Chris Hughton is a pragmatist in the mould of Rowett Pearson and Pulis is complete and utter nonsense.

29 minutes ago, Dcfcjames said:

Not sure if true or rumors ? Apparently Lee Morris and deon burton were seen checking out of the Travelodge opposite PP ? 

Deon Burton was coaching the U23s at West Brom last season, and Morris is managing a nothing US team. He was previously manager of a number of English non-league teams and was previously involved with coaching within our academy

Darren Moore in as Manager, Burton and Morris in as assistants. 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Deon Burton was coaching the U23s at West Brom last season, and Morris is managing a nothing US team. He was previously manager of a number of English non-league teams and was previously involved with coaching within our academy

Darren Moore in as Manager, Burton and Morris in as assistants. 

Good grief. Tenner on us to go down.

1 minute ago, Dean_Saunders said:

Still thinking Wasall if no grade A quality is available.

For god sake Wassall is horrific. 99% of this forum would have took Derby to the poffs that season we were top at Xmas. Had credit in the bank. He is pure crap.

Archived