Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

£40k per week or £500k per week?? Which one would you take?

Yes but he'd become a legend of the game by steering Derby to a mid table PL finish in his third season, you can't put a price on that.

He is the only manager in history to have won the UEFA Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Champions League, and the FIFA Club World Cup.

Nevermind mind the 2 La Liga titles before that, and that lucky European Cup with Liverpool, this could be his chance to establish himself at the very top.

Talking like a journalist covering their backs with info that appears clear and vague at the same time. 

If you've got something to say then why would you not spit it out. 

could, should, want, hope to, looking at, remain interested, monitoring, turn attention to..... 

Derby are hoping to bring in a manager that will have the league wrapped up by April. Expect an announcement within the next month. Also on the shortlist is a manager that would get them relegated. Sources say a deal could be struck before a season kicks off. 

Easy. Give me a blue tick

3 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Will Happen very quick

Any ideas or whispers as to who? If you don't went to pm nor put names on here I totally understand as sources might then not be so forthcoming or it may not yet come to fruition, so do you think we/you will be happy and is it someone already mentioned in twiter press?

For me Hughton is the obvious choice, Gerrard is the lampard replacement choice, monk is the slight disappointing choice (all three could do a job here though)

In my time of being a Rams supporter, from Jack Barker in 1955 to Frank there has been 33 different managers,some good some bad, but thinking about  it i'm not sure Frank would get in my top 10. there will be better managers out there somewhere. UTR

9 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Fact Derby want things sorted very quickly with Lampard then they will move but most probably have already been sounded out Mel is a businessman.

I'm always naturally very suspicious of anyone who says 'Fact' then doesn't actually provide any.

I’m not saying this is the way it’s going to go, and I think I’d be underwhelmed if it did, however, as the Gold Cup will be finishing soon I wonder if Michael Johnson has been the man in Mel’s mind all along? It would definitely satisfy the need to replace Lampard almost immediately

9 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

I know it is, that's why I said ready for another go.

Some people take time to get to grips with different roles.

As for being out of the club scene, I don't see that as a major deal at all. It's not like he's been braiding hair on a southern mediterranean beach, he's been working with the cream of young English talent.

I don't know how influential he was under the Mac but I don't think his record as a club manager is quite good enough for me ?

11 minutes ago, doheochai said:

Hughton played with an aging big man up front because he didn't have another striker capable of playing in the PL. Give him a younger and more mobile player up to the job and Hughton would play him ahead of Murray.

Every PL team is constantly struggling to find a striker - particularly in the bottom half of the PL - that is why they cost an arm and a leg. Brighton had the third lowest playing budget in the PL last season - something like half what Southampton spent to finish just above them There were a dozen players at Southampton earning more than the highest paid player at Brighton.

They could easily afford a striker, don't buy this at all.

1 minute ago, MK-Ram said:

I’m not saying this is the way it’s going to go, and I think I’d be underwhelmed if it did, however, as the Gold Cup will be finishing soon I wonder if Michael Johnson has been the man in Mel’s mind all along?

David O’Leary, Michael O’Neill, Peter Crouch (player/manager), Micky Mellons, Eddie Howe, Sean Dyche, Sean O’Driscoll, Gordon Strachan, Dougie Freedman, Bryan Robson, Michael Laudrup, Paulo Sousa, Dan Cowley’s brother, Nicky Law.

10 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

It will be Atkins ?

Can't see that, if we are going for an older, experienced Manager surely Hughton is the man, but not sure either fit the profile Mel is looking for, think he will go for a younger option......

I thoughg Benitez still lived in liverpool has a house there, daughter goes/went school there & they have mates there. I thought his reasoning for going Newcastle was his love for the city of Liverpool might not be a done deal he goes china

Archived