Suggestions for the next Derby manager

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Ramage mentioned his mate Steve Holland on radio Derby tonight. I just put him on the unattainable list as he’s with England, but I’d be well up for this. 

Mel make it happen!!

Heard that and thought what a great shout ex Derby player too well academy player till he got injured.....has all the right connections and is a friend of Frank and Jody.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Ramage mentioned his mate Steve Holland on radio Derby tonight. I just put him on the unattainable list as he’s with England, but I’d be well up for this. 

Mel make it happen!!

He also mentioned Holland on BBC East Mids news. Could be a good call, he has connections with Chelsea and the England u21’s. Would continue using the younger players in the team 

4 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

I thoughg Benitez still lived in liverpool has a house there, daughter goes/went school there & they have mates there. I thought his reasoning for going Newcastle was his love for the city of Liverpool might not be a done deal he goes china

Indeed, but he was waiting for his lad to do his GCSEs before moving away, which he's just done.

10 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

40k per week for potentially years to come or 500k per week until Christmas, yeah I know which one i'd prefer.

I cant tell, but it seems like you are suggesting the 40k per week is the better option in your scenario?

On 500k per week he'd earn £10 mill even if he was sacked at Christmas. It would only take him about 20 years with us to earn the same on £40,000 per week.

1 minute ago, rsmini said:

He also mentioned Holland on BBC East Mids news. Could be a good call, he has connections with Chelsea and the England u21’s. Would continue using the younger players in the team 

Why? Holland would just leave next summer and take over at Chelsea when Lampard is sacked. 

Then Lampard can come back here. 

Sounds like a plan.

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I cant tell, but it seems like you are suggesting the 40k per week is the better option in your scenario?

On 500k per week he'd earn £10 mill even if he was sacked at Christmas. It would only take him about 20 years with us to earn the same on £40,000 per week.

More like 6, not 20.

So Chris Hughton's teams play amazing, free flowing football in the Championship but reach the Premier League and all of a sudden drop it in favour of ultra defensive, survival football?

Nah, not buying that for a second, if you go up playing great football you try to continue playing in that style, have some faith in your convictions, try to further develop your team's trademark style like Bournemouth have done.

Why would you change your entire style rather than sticking to what worked? That takes far more effort than the above. What's the point in even going up if the only aim once you're up is nullifying the superior opposition?

People are kidding themselves if they believe Brighton went up playing anything like as good football as Bournemouth did, which is the aim for a team like ours. I suppose it's just a coincidence they went up with Lewis Dunk at the back and Glenn Murray & Hemed up front?

This idea that Bright HAD to play a certain way last season due to circumstance is such a load of BS, it's the way they've always played against 'better' opposition - flat track bullies with a dashing of flair, works brilliantly in the Championship but it would require at least 2 transfer windows to imprint on our squad.

Seen as we’re making ?up.

I knew it was happening 3 weeks ago because I saw FL returning his TV in Costco.

Butterfield was returning his beard trimmer and Anya his hair clippers.

Martin was in the cafe ordering 6 18 inch pizzas and 14 chocolate muffins...ITK.

24 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can't see that, if we are going for an older, experienced Manager surely Hughton is the man, but not sure either fit the profile Mel is looking for, think he will go for a younger option......

I was told that hughton  has been paid off and can’t join another club for 9 months  don’t know how true it is though 

5 minutes ago, bllymnt said:

More like 6, not 20.

?Dont know how I got the maths so laughably wrong, but the point remains the same. There is no way one of the best managers in the world is going to come here just because we offer him the opportunity to stick with one club for a few years.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

?Dont know how I got the maths so laughably wrong, but the point remains the same. There is no way one of the best managers in the world is going to come here just because we offer him the opportunity to stick with one club for a few years.

Agree... im just a stickler for maths ??

Some right strange names in the frame according to the DET. 

"25/1 Gary Rowett; 33/1 Rafa Benitez, David Moyes, Nigel Atkins, Tim Sherwood, Brian McDermott and Paul Heckingbottom; 40/1 Sol Campbell, Gabriel Batistuta, Ian Holloway, Fabrizio Ravanelli, Carlos Carvalhal, Juande Ramos, Lee Carsley, Alan Pardew; 50/1 Micky Mellon, Ryan Giggs and Michael Appleton"

Benitez - what are you on?

How can anyone possibly think Rowett and Sherwood are even worthy of odds?

It's Adkins not Atkins!

Batistuta has had less than a years experience after retirement 14 years ago so is beyond random

Holloway hates us, would love us to offer him the job and then say we've changed our minds

Are we still paying off Ravanelli for his playing stint?

Carvalhal has just got a new jobCould take Heckingbottom just to rub it in to Leeds as we get promoted under him

Sensible thought: Carsley's credentials aren't bad - did well at Man City academy and is now in the England set up

Steve Holland stats 

Citizenship
 EnglanD

PERSONAL DETAILS

Date of Birth:Apr 30, 1970

Place of Birth:Derby  

Citizenship:  England

Avg. term as manager:3,08 Years

Coaching Licence:UEFA Pro Licence

HISTORY

Compact

Detailed

ClubAppointedIn charge untilPositionMatchesPPM

England16/17 (Oct 1, 2016) expected - Assistant Manager--

Assistant Manager of: Gareth Southgate (35 Games)

England U2113/14 (Aug 29, 2013) 16/17 (Sep 30, 2016) Assistant Manager--

Assistant Manager of: Gareth Southgate (33 Games)

Chelsea11/12 (Jul 1, 2011) 16/17 (Jun 30, 2017) Assistant Manager--

Assistant Manager of: José Mourinho (136 Games),  Rafael Benítez (48 Games),  Antonio Conte (47 Games),  Roberto Di Matteo (42 Games),  André Villas-Boas (40 Games),  Guus Hiddink (27 Games)

Chelsea Res.09/10 (Aug 12, 2009) 10/11 (Jun 21, 2011) Manager371,65

Stoke City08/09 (Mar 6, 2009) 09/10 (Aug 11, 2009) Youth Co-ordinator--

Crewe Alexandra07/08 (Jul 1, 2007) 08/09 (Nov 18, 2008) Manager660,98

Crewe Alexandra98/99 (Jul 1, 1998) 06/07 (Jun 30, 2007) Youth Co-ordinator--

Crewe U1892/93 (Jul 1, 1992) 

3 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

Steve Holland stats 

Citizenship
 EnglanD

PERSONAL DETAILS

Date of Birth:Apr 30, 1970

Place of Birth:Derby  

Citizenship:  England

Avg. term as manager:3,08 Years

Coaching Licence:UEFA Pro Licence

HISTORY

Compact

Detailed

ClubAppointedIn charge untilPositionMatchesPPM

England16/17 (Oct 1, 2016) expected - Assistant Manager--

Assistant Manager of: Gareth Southgate (35 Games)

England U2113/14 (Aug 29, 2013) 16/17 (Sep 30, 2016) Assistant Manager--

Assistant Manager of: Gareth Southgate (33 Games)

Chelsea11/12 (Jul 1, 2011) 16/17 (Jun 30, 2017) Assistant Manager--

Assistant Manager of: José Mourinho (136 Games),  Rafael Benítez (48 Games),  Antonio Conte (47 Games),  Roberto Di Matteo (42 Games),  André Villas-Boas (40 Games),  Guus Hiddink (27 Games)

Chelsea Res.09/10 (Aug 12, 2009) 10/11 (Jun 21, 2011) Manager371,65

Stoke City08/09 (Mar 6, 2009) 09/10 (Aug 11, 2009) Youth Co-ordinator--

Crewe Alexandra07/08 (Jul 1, 2007) 08/09 (Nov 18, 2008) Manager660,98

Crewe Alexandra98/99 (Jul 1, 1998) 06/07 (Jun 30, 2007) Youth Co-ordinator--

Crewe U1892/93 (Jul 1, 1992) 

Screams of Paul Clement

Archived