Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Derby are confident of getting there no 1 target and they will move once lampard has gone

Many of us on here express our opinions (well obviously, it's a discussion forum) but some phrase things as fact.

Are they ITK or is it just their style?

3 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I get the feeling something big is going to happen. 

We're either going to get a real exciting manager 

Or FL is going to talk to Chelsea but turn it down.

I still wouldn't put the latter beyond the bounds of possibility. He's a PR machine and this early in his career he could lay down a huge statement re Loyalty.

There has to be a reason Mel has agreed to go on Talksport.

God I wish I had your optimism,but that would be bigger news than him taking the job and a real coup. And an amazing publicity statement that no PR  or money could buy. 

Rookie turns down one of biggest club's in world.

Rookie shows loyalty and integrity towards Derby in preference to dream move.

JUST LOOKING FOR MY ROSEMARY BEADS?

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Been out of club management for best part of 10 years and his record is mixed to say the least....

To be fair, Simpson’s record was heavily skewed by a series of terrible luck and injuries for a number of teams.  I always thought he was the brains behind Mac I’s success (with Steele of course).

That being said, 10 years away from the top job is a long time and I’d want to see him back in the hot seat at a lower level before offering him the chance.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Been out of club management for best part of 10 years and his record is mixed to say the least....

I know it is, that's why I said ready for another go.

Some people take time to get to grips with different roles.

As for being out of the club scene, I don't see that as a major deal at all. It's not like he's been braiding hair on a southern mediterranean beach, he's been working with the cream of young English talent.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Many of us on here express our opinions (well obviously, it's a discussion forum) but some phrase things as fact.

Are they ITK or is it just their style?

I love the strength in vagueness of the claim - 'Derby will get their number one target' without stating who that might be, a week after someone on here was stating as fact that John Terry was going to be offered the role.

Just now, Richard246 said:

Fact Derby want things sorted very quickly with Lampard then they will move but most probably have already been sounded out Mel is a businessman.

‘fact’ ‘most probably’ 

which one?

15 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

I get the feeling something big is going to happen. 

We're either going to get a real exciting manager 

Or FL is going to talk to Chelsea but turn it down.

I still wouldn't put the latter beyond the bounds of possibility. He's a PR machine and this early in his career he could lay down a huge statement re Loyalty.

There has to be a reason Mel has agreed to go on Talksport.

I had that feeling yesterday.

It turned out to be related to the curry I'd had the night before.

It was big though.

45 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Anybody think we might have a new manager in place by Sunday?

Yes, there'll be no messing. As soon as Frank's out the door (tomorrow or Thursday at the latest?) I reckon we'll get everything done and the new man will be in place well before Monday.

3 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

God I wish I had your optimism,but that would be bigger news than him taking the job and a real coup. And an amazing publicity statement that no PR  or money could buy. 

Rookie turns down one of biggest club's in world.

Rookie shows loyalty and integrity towards Derby in preference to dream move.

JUST LOOKING FOR MY ROSEMARY BEADS?

Rosemary might have something to say about that.  I’d use your Rosary beads  instead. Safer! ?

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Yeah, love defensive footy with an aging big man upfront on his own.

Hughton played with an aging big man up front because he didn't have another striker capable of playing in the PL. Give him a younger and more mobile player up to the job and Hughton would play him ahead of Murray.

Every PL team is constantly struggling to find a striker - particularly in the bottom half of the PL - that is why they cost an arm and a leg. Brighton had the third lowest playing budget in the PL last season - something like half what Southampton spent to finish just above them There were a dozen players at Southampton earning more than the highest paid player at Brighton.

Archived