Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Lampard is all but gone (yes I’m being negative but it seems inevitable)

So, who is next? 

I Wouldn't mind the Cowley's having a crack, not everybody's cup of tea i know.

But they play a similar style to Frank and aren't afraid at bringing through young blood.

I think there maybe better options but this would put a few newer ideas in the mix.

7 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I wanna point out, not necessarily to you but to all that are recommending him, that Fulham were bang average before he bought Mitrovic (a striker far too good for this division) in to the team. 

Not true. Fulham's results were up and down, but they were playing some of the best football in the division. They had been the year before, too. They just needed a goalscorer - and got one!

2 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Dazwas it is then.......?

Second highest win percentage in the club's history of any manager to oversee more than 10 games. Ted Magner in 44-46 is the highest - 11 games in 2 years, but I think the country was a little bit busy then if memory serves. 

Just now, Ambitious said:

Second highest win percentage in the club's history of any manager to oversee more than 10 games. Ted Magner in 44-46 is the highest - 11 games in 2 years, but I think the country was a little bit busy then if memory serves. 

Rotherham. Rotherham. Rotherham.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not true. Fulham's results were up and down, but they were playing some of the best football in the division. They had been the year before, too. They just needed a goalscorer - and got one!

So were we under mac 1 and mac 2 

5 minutes ago, WHAT DO I GET said:

I Wouldn't mind the Cowley's having a crack, not everybody's cup of tea i know.

But they play a similar style to Frank and aren't afraid at bringing through young blood.

I think there maybe better options but this would put a few newer ideas in the mix.

Do they? Because every time I've watched them (and I've seen 10+ matches over the past two years) and every single person I speak to about them says that their football makes Pulis look like a disciple of Johan Cruyff.

That's not knocking they're record. Clearly they've done insanely well and are a good management team. But from what I know, the style of play could not be more at odds with what we are trying to achieve. 

You know what, Lee Bowyer really wouldn’t be a bad appointment, on face value you think that he’s nothing but a violent thug and we don’t want him near our club, but doing more research he seems to have matured and has done a fantastic job at Charlton, playing good football. He’d know league 1 very well so he’d hopefully be able to know a few more bargains like Duane Holmes. I think the days of spending on big players is over(for a few years at least), we need to start looking for some cheap bargains.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

Bit harsh on Hughton, though he's not for me either. Karanka I find bizarre. Absolutely awful watching all his sides: Boro, Forest. Yuck. 

Lost a lot of respect for Monk when he abandoned ship at Leeds for Boro. Very similar to what Rowett did leaving us for Stoke. It's a no from me.

Agree with you on Jokanovic. It's worth noting though that he has been linked with a lot of jobs over the past few months and hasn't ended up at any of them. Have to ask yourself why.

Someone made the suggestion last night on Twitter of Bruno Labbadia. Looking for a job in England apparently after leaving Wolfsburg - was linked with WBA. He took Wolfsburg from the verge of relegation to, I think, 6th - all playing a 4-3-3 attacking style of play. Might be a name to keep an eye on!

Bruno Labbadia would be an excellent move, but I can't see us looking at someone who doesn't have experience of English football, be that as a player or manager.  

4 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Hughton or Wilder

I don’t think Wilder is as daft as some people are making out.

I can’t see him coming available but the Blades court case is pretty nasty and he is distinctly unimpressed at the minute.

Although they were linked with Ribery yesterday.

2 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Bruno Labbadia would be an excellent move, but I can't see us looking at someone who doesn't have experience of English football, be that as a player or manager.  

Can’t wait for everyone to start calling him Bruno Labia

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Jonathan Woodgate is taking over at Boro. Now that is a left field sort of appointment.

Almost sounds like a one to appease the fans from a club that has ran out of money cos they allowed a dour manager to spunk all their parachute money up the wall

lfmao !!

37 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Hasn't Igor done a pretty rubbish job in his management career so far? 

Won a league title, no doubt there are better managers out there, just looking at options where you could get a bond between fans and manager. I’d rather have then than a Chris Houton, or a Gary Monk, what I liked about last season was the atmosphere at matches, most of this driven imo by the managements teams attitude. 

Some good managers about but first thing Mel will need to do is makes sure it's the kind fo character that wants to carry on promoting from the academy and trying if not always succeeding to play Football on the deck when ever possible. Essentially trying to carry on building what we started last season. This for me is more important than anything else.

Jody would be the best choice fo the lot for me maybe bringing Cole or someone else in alongside but no way is he not going to Chelsea with Frank if it happens.

Beyond that and providing they fit the picture above and give Mel the right answers then be 

Wilder

Slav

Johnson

Arteta

Monk

Probably in that order! But be nice as well to have a manager that gives us profile again, for all the moans about Frank Lampard Derby County it was nice last year that people were taking notice of us again.

Archived