Sign in to follow this  
SuperDerbySuperRams

Suggestions for the next Derby manager

7 hours ago, Dappled Ram said:

I'd like someone who really cares about Derby County and just doesn't see it as a stepping stone to a bigger club with a bigger salary. I'd like someone with excellent people skills, who nurtures and develops young academy players and is able to carry on with style of football we have been playing this season.

But we all moaned last time we appointed Wassall.

2 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Will Jody Morris go with him or may he want to step up to number one here?  

Butterfield is more likely to become manager than Jody Morris not going with Frank. 

6 hours ago, CWC1983 said:

Ive been Chris Houghton biggest critic about the way he setup Brighton this season, however, I thought his teams played decent football at Pride Park in their last 2 seasons in the championship. 

Was he negative in the PL through circumstance? 

I think you're spot on. He wasn't negative in that first season at all.

In all fairness. They had nothing up front at all. They had to rely on Glen Murray who's 34. 

So he went more defensive. Who knows if he would have done that next season? 

Got them to the play offs, then automatic, stayed up first season. Then 2nd season (which is even harder) he gets them to an FA Cup Semi Final and keeps them up again. 

Was utter madness that they sacked him. 

They're my tip to go down next season.

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Gary Monk ! Think there are doubts over his loyalty but I'm slowly realising there's no loyalty in football , bar the fans ! 

I actually think Monk wouldn't be a bad call, tried to play decent football and you can't really begrudge him getting fed up with the off field stuff at brum.

7 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

Who doesn’t love an iconic trilogy?

Star Wars

Indiana Jones

Back To The Future

RETURN OF THE MAC!

Star Wars was Mac 1. Pearson was Empire Strikes Back. Mac 2 Return of the Jedi.

Mac 3 would hence be Jar Jar Binks and the Phantom Menace

1-Jokanovic

2-Bowyer

3-Monk

3-Houghton

Any of those 4 in that order. I think Monk and Houghton about the same.

Jokanovic's football lovely to watch at times, although leaky at the back.

Bowyer did an incredible thing at Charlton and the way he got them playing and suceeding was remarkable.

Given Mel's track record on managers, I expect the next manager to be:

Unexpected, inexperienced, intelligent and articulate, talented, on an "upswing", a risk. (yes, i know all appointments are a risk)

see Lampard, Rowett, Clement, Wassall who were clearly Mel's idea (vs his loyalty to Pearson or Mac2 who i believe he had to be talked into hiring)

On that profile, deffo won't be Hugheton or Pulis or a "proper football man" brigade.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I think you're spot on. He wasn't negative in that first season at all.

In all fairness. They had nothing up front at all. They had to rely on Glen Murray who's 34. 

So he went more defensive. Who knows if he would have done that next season? 

Got them to the play offs, then automatic, stayed up first season. Then 2nd season (which is even harder) he gets them to an FA Cup Semi Final and keeps them up again. 

Was utter madness that they sacked him. 

They're my tip to go down next season.

For me, he's the most unluckiest manager in the world. He did really well at Spurs, Newcastle & brighton and has been shoddily treated imo.

He's obvioulsy a good manager and had next to no money in the prem and kept them up for 2 seasons. Imagine what he could do with a chairman who would/could back him.

Anyway Frank will still be our manager so it doesn't matter 😂

Edited by mwram1973

I'd have Darren wassell for the continuity he would offer...the under 23's were excellent last year and Darren had them playing in a similar style to the first team squad (which is a first for many years).

He knows both teams ,the club and it's ethos inside out and will have improved and learnt from the past couple of years since his brief time as first team manager.

He's not the glamourous figure that many Derby fans seem to constantly live for but I think he would be successful in the role.

If he's not glittery enough for the club then Jokanovic would be my current choice too (would have been Warburton).

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'd have Darren wassell for the continuity he would offer...the under 23's were excellent last year and Darren had them playing in a similar style to the first team squad (which is a first for many years).

He knows both teams ,the club and it's ethos inside out and will have improved and learnt from the past couple of years since his brief time as first team manager.

He's not the glamourous figure that many Derby fans seem to constantly live for but I think he would be successful in the role.

If he's not glittery enough for the club then Jokanovic would be my current choice too (would have been Warburton).

Hi Darren