Suggestions for the next Derby manager

Jokanovic would definitely be my first choice. Would be very happy with Garry Monk too. Maybe Claude Puel, Phillip Cocu, Chris Hughton or Gus Poyet wouldn't be bad shouts too. 

Derby have never had an overseas manager before, maybe until now.... 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has something happened beyond Sarri finally looking like leaving Chelsea? Everyone's suddenly even more certain Frank's leaving today but I can't find anything to suggest why.

What about Darren Moore?

Did decently with West Brom.  Derby connection.  We'd have to show patience as he learns on the job but Lampard was in a similar boat.

Jokanovic would be my first choice but Moore would be a good alternative. 

2 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

Would definitely be happy with him if we can get him. Would be a major coup... 

And then after one year he returns to Arsenal as their managerial saviour.

At which point, we hire the just retired Wayne Rooney, who after one year returns to Man Utd as their managerial saviour.

During this time we continue to lose in the playoffs, so the seasons are fun but we don't make any progress, really.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

And then after one year he returns to Arsenal as their managerial saviour.

At which point, we hire the just retired Wayne Rooney, who after one year returns to Man Utd as their managerial saviour.

During this time we continue to lose in the playoffs, so the seasons are fun but we don't make any progress, really.

Rooney as a manager, imagine.

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Has something happened beyond Sarri finally looking like leaving Chelsea? Everyone's suddenly even more certain Frank's leaving today but I can't find anything to suggest why.

No doubt some 'transfer expert' on Twitter announced it was a done deal today.

planet of the apes eye roll GIF

3 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I'm a bit confused in people saying that Hughton plays hoofball. He didn't when he was in the Championship. I wonder if those making these claims actually go to games, or just watch MOTD? 

His teams play both, not a bad thing imo.

Would rather see the club take a another punt on a slight unknown. 

Arteta seems a decent shout, classy player with decent links for loans. Bowyer is a bit 'up and coming' after the promotion. A long as we don't end up with one of the old boys. 

1. Jokanovic

2. Oscar Garcia

3. Poyet

4. Bowyer

5. Moore

If the continued rumours about Wilder are true (no smoke without fire, as with Frank) we would be stupid to not try.

Brighton fans are happy Hughton has left. His football is shocking. No thanks.

2 hours ago, Abu Derby said:

Hughton or Wilder

Another brainless suggestion.... Wilder...…….. the man who has just taken his home town club to the premiership.

Even though he has very little budget to play with (estimated at 20 Million) do you really think he would leave them ……………….. to come to us

Deluded

1 minute ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Another brainless suggestion.... Wilder...…….. the man who has just taken his home town club to the premiership.

Even though he has very little budget to play with (estimated at 20 Million) do you really think he would leave them ……………….. to come to us

Deluded

Why don't you offer a suggestion yourself, instead of insulting those who are?

1 minute ago, MK-Ram said:

1. Jokanovic

2. Oscar Garcia

3. Poyet

4. Bowyer

5. Moore

If the continued rumours about Wilder are true (no smoke without fire, as with Frank) we would be stupid to not try.

Brighton fans are happy Hughton has left. His football is shocking. No thanks.

WILDER

will ferrell lol GIF

Archived