Suggestions for the next Derby manager

1 hour ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Lampard is all but gone (yes I’m being negative but it seems inevitable)

So, who is next? 

Disagree. And I think this thread is too early. We can discuss it if he goes but for me it's a bit disrespectful of Frank and the obvious bond he has formed with dcfc, club and fans. There are lots of factors in play here. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Disagree. And I think this thread is too early. We can discuss it if he goes but for me it's a bit disrespectful of Frank and the obvious bond he has formed with dcfc, club and fans. There are lots of factors in play here. 

If Frank does turn out to leave, it'll be far more disrespectful on his part than ours. 

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Perhaps you are right but all the indicators are pointing towards it being close. I saw a lot of people suggesting names in the other Chelsea thread so thought it would be good to separate it.

If people think it’s too soon then I apologise

Ive been Chris Houghton biggest critic about the way he setup Brighton this season, however, I thought his teams played decent football at Pride Park in their last 2 seasons in the championship. 

Was he negative in the PL through circumstance? 

We are all clamouring for a big appointment, someone with a proven track record like Jokanovic or Hughton.

But I am not sure Mel has the resources to attract them and subsequently back them, given our adventures with FFP.

I think it’ll be a fairly low profile appointment of a young coach with hunger and a point to prove.

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

We are all clamouring for a big appointment, someone with a proven track record like Jokanovic or Hughton.

But I am not sure Mel has the resources to attract them and subsequently back them, given our adventures with FFP.

I think it’ll be a fairly low profile appointment of a cheap coach with hunger and a point to prove.

Nigel  adkins ?

Darren Wassell, why not - he has some experience of the job and didn’t do too baldly.

May be the best choice for the continued development of the Academy route into the 1st team. Also makes sense to appoint from within from a financial point of view.

Archived