Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ramsbottom said:

WILDER

will ferrell lol GIF

Extremely unlikely and I would have said insane until recently. Continued rumours are though that he doesn't want to lead his boyhood club onto disaster, which given increasing uncertainties at board level is a real possibility.

I very much doubt there will ever be a chance but if there was then anyone would be stupid not to try.

He isn't on my 5 for a reason...

36 minutes ago, Tarantism said:

What about Darren Moore?

Did decently with West Brom.  Derby connection.  We'd have to show patience as he learns on the job but Lampard was in a similar boat.

Jokanovic would be my first choice but Moore would be a good alternative. 

God no , no , no and no 

Darren Moore, held back a very talented and expensive west Brom side.

i want frank to stay,

purely cos I want to see one managers project and vision for this club somewhere near completion before I snuff it 

cox and smith are about as close to that as I got .... that for a club like us is far far too long ago 

can we just keep frank and see what that end vision of a side looks like 

if the worst does happen though and he goes than I can think of too many worse appointments than Darren Moore quite honestly, terrible idea put it back in the box please lol

As for Derby, first choice is Frank staying.

If not to be, I'd imagine it would be Monk or Bowyer. Out of contract so no compo. Young, done well in previous posts. Inexperienced so relatively cheap.

Prefer it to be Jocanovic just because of his experience and style of play. But I imagine he'll be expensive and want funds.

27 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Extremely unlikely and I would have said insane until recently. Continued rumours are though that he doesn't want to lead his boyhood club onto disaster, which given increasing uncertainties at board level is a real possibility.

I very much doubt there will ever be a chance but if there was then anyone would be stupid not to try.

He isn't on my 5 for a reason...

There is no chance of Chris Wilder becoming our next manager.  He's United born & bred, and has known since they confirmed promotion he wouldn't have a lot to spend.  Even if he were to leave, his stock is huge, there's plenty of clubs who'd be interested in having him on board.

Can't see why anyone would want Karanka or Hughton. Their style of play is as bas as, if not worse than Rowetts.

As for Gary Monk I couldn't even tell you what his style of play is, he's bounced around a few jobs and done 'okay'.

Jokanovic is the obvious choice in a footballing sense but strikes me as the sort of character that would fall out with Mel before long.

Well I really want Frank to stay. He has reconnected the fans and the club, and I know last season had it’s up and downs but it was very enjoyable. I really can’t be doing with yet another season of transition. 

If if he does I tend to go for Darren Moore. He did well at West Brom and maybe he is ready for the step up 

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can't see why anyone would want Karanka or Hughton. Their style of play is as bas as, if not worse than Rowetts.

As for Gary Monk I couldn't even tell you what his style of play is, he's bounced around a few jobs and done 'okay'.

Jokanovic is the obvious choice in a footballing sense but strikes me as the sort of character that would fall out with Mel before long.

Bit harsh on Hughton, though he's not for me either. Karanka I find bizarre. Absolutely awful watching all his sides: Boro, Forest. Yuck. 

Lost a lot of respect for Monk when he abandoned ship at Leeds for Boro. Very similar to what Rowett did leaving us for Stoke. It's a no from me.

Agree with you on Jokanovic. It's worth noting though that he has been linked with a lot of jobs over the past few months and hasn't ended up at any of them. Have to ask yourself why.

Someone made the suggestion last night on Twitter of Bruno Labbadia. Looking for a job in England apparently after leaving Wolfsburg - was linked with WBA. He took Wolfsburg from the verge of relegation to, I think, 6th - all playing a 4-3-3 attacking style of play. Might be a name to keep an eye on!

Need someone who is likely (and wants) to stay and not jump ship at the first opportunity of a job at a bigger club. 

If he goes, I think it will be a bad move for Lampard. 

Maybe an unheard of foreign manager that can preferably speak English? 

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

We are all clamouring for a big appointment, someone with a proven track record like Jokanovic or Hughton.

But I am not sure Mel has the resources to attract them and subsequently back them, given our adventures with FFP.

I think it’ll be a fairly low profile appointment of a young coach with hunger and a point to prove.

I'm not entirely sure that FFP is an issue with us - we've just posted a £14m profit? If you take next season into consideration as our third rolling year, won't it be -£7.9m, £14m and £Xm. We can average a £13m loss a year, so if we keep that figure in mind we can make a loss of £32.1m next season and still be within that FFP 'target'. 

I'm not saying it's advisable, but we are in a great position financially to give a good manager the tools to finish the job. 

Archived