Suggestions for the next Derby manager

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Not keen on the whole Gerrard thing tbh - if he came he'd be leaving Rangers after one season.  Any sort of reasonable season here and he'd be gone at the end of if.  If thats how its going to be I'd take crap football for a season from a proven manager with a track record on promotions or (preferably) a younger attack minded manager willing to play youth and with a commitment to stick around for at least a couple of seasons to actually give him chance to develop the squad.

I agree pal but we’re the worst example for that over the last decade.

Managers at Derby last a year!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested gerrard confirms the interest then so it’s obviously not made up we’re considering him as an option at least should Lampard leave. Seems odd as it’s unrealistic, there’s no way he’ll want to leave rangers. Especially odd as Lampard still hasn’t gone yet, no vacancy as of yet so to be approached options is a little premature. Gerrard will get On with the job at hand regardless of speculation and this will go away I’m fairly certain.

4 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

I agree pal but we’re the worst example for that over the last decade.

Managers at Derby last a year!

Hehe true but I do think MM has calmed down a bit and maybe considers stability more highly now.  He gave Rowett a new contract and is obviously trying to keep Lampard.  It might be nice to get a glamour name again in Gerrard but I imagine we'll be in the same position again this time next season.

King Billy has unfinished business...Phil Brown is now more qualified...Mac 3...any of these more appealing than these unknown cowley bros....what does it really matter , if paul Jewell was given the job we would all be there in August.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Interested gerrard confirms the interest then so it’s obviously not made up we’re considering him as an option at least should Lampard leave. Seems odd as it’s unrealistic, there’s no way he’ll want to leave rangers. Especially odd as Lampard still hasn’t gone yet, no vacancy as of yet so to be approached options is a little premature. Gerrard will get On with the job at hand regardless of speculation and this will go away I’m fairly certain.

I'm guessing this also confirms that Frank is forking off too if we actively sounding out replacements.

The quicker Lampard and his cockney rebels are out of the club the better, next season's preparations have been damaged massively, time to crack on.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'm guessing this also confirms that Frank is forking off too if we actively sounding out replacements.

The quicker Lampard and his cockney rebels are out of the club the better, next season's preparations have been damaged massively, time to crack on.

I think that’s been clear to be happening almost certainly for a while, just more a question of when and not if.

Harsh to slam Lampard like that, he hasn’t done much here, it’s his mates and the media that have caused all the disrespect. Don’t think the preparations have been damaged that much yet, but they will be if this drags on beyond this week. I want a new man in by Monday. Simple as.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I think that’s been clear to be happening almost certainly for a while, just more a question of when and not if.

Harsh to slam Lampard like that, he hasn’t done much here, it’s his mates and the media that have caused all the disrespect. Don’t think the preparations have been damaged that much yet, but they will be if this drags on beyond this week. I want a new man in by Monday. Simple as.

Easily sorted tell them to stop . Re the media ,  I agree this kind of situation can turn into an uncontrollable monster-  best not to feed Godzilla  with piss taking instagram video's though .

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Easily sorted tell them to stop . Re the media ,  I agree this kind of situation can turn into an uncontrollable monster-  best not to feed Godzilla  with piss taking instagram video's though .

Yeah he should really do that I agree. Don’t know how much the Instagram video was aimed at the speculation, but he has to think a bit more. Bit of a stupid move.

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Not a bad shout at all. He’s certainly done a good job, although allowing him to sign one of our players and then bringing him here may seem a bit daft. He did a good job at Hannover too, so it’s not just the Barnsley job he’s done well in. 

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nah Barnsley manager ain’t done enough yet, decent at Barnsley but a big step up to a club of our size. Be a massive risk that. Not for me.

He's managed Hannover 96, to be fair. Arguably a bigger clubs than ours. 

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I called this option a couple of days ago. Barnsley manager Stendl has done really well.

In terms of Gerrard, he’s culturally the right fit and has a good average points per game - but he is managing in a poor league.

I feel there’s a little swipe that Derby are making to Lampard should Derby go and get Gerrard. ‘We could have built the club round you but we’ll do it with Gerrard instead.’

There’s always been that bit of rivalry between the two...

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

He's managed Hannover 96, to be fair. Arguably a bigger clubs than ours. 

Also his win rate with Hannover was 50%. And whilst only League 1 his win rate with Barnsley was almost 56%, they went up autos with 91 points only 3 points behind champions and third highest goal scorers with 80 goals and the best defence in the league conceding 39. Certainly a lot more than Lampard had achieved managerially before he came to us. 

Why on earth did no-one think of Daniel Stendel before now?! He might just be the perfect candidate.

I doubt he'd leave the mighty Barnsley Tykes for little ol' Derby County though, even with an £8m promotion bonus thrown in.

Archived