Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You do really have to try harder to hide when you're on the wind up.

Let’s be honest NC has done a very good job at Burton. 

I think he would be great for us now.

PS No way would he want to come back to Derby now though. 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

We gave him 5 years as our manager before in which, he didn't get us anywhere close to promotion, why would we go back.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

We gave him 5 years as our manager before in which, he didn't get us anywhere close to promotion, why would we go back.

For 4 of those 5 years, we never had a team good enough for promotion. He steadied the ship when we could of done a Sunderland, and should always have our respect for that.

Some of the signings he made as well have been incredible. And the sense of pride he instilled in wearing the shirt has never really been repeated by another manager since he left (just look at that Bryson interview for proof, or the Russell interview with a Scottish guy a few months ago).

What he would do with our squad of today, or a proper transfer budget (which he never got), we will never really know...

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Yeah fair play, they’re deffo a level up from us. Still not a hugeee amount of experience mind.

Agree, but more than Lampard and Gerrard, to be fair to him!

Don't think he'll be leaving Barnsley anyway.

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Then why suggest him as manager other than just trying to wind people up ? Wums are just boring

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Agree, but more than Lampard and Gerrard, to be fair to him!

Don't think he'll be leaving Barnsley anyway.

Yeah definately tbf, But it’s their names which put them ahead because of the players they can attract. Shouldn’t do, but it does.

Id say 50/50, maybe he would if we had a big budget but otherwise he may as well stay where he is

Just now, Curtains said:

I wanted him after Rowett left. 

MM went for Frank .

But you’ve stated no way would he come so why then post other than just wuming, mate it’s just boring when just clearly done for attention 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

For 4 of those 5 years, we never had a team good enough for promotion. He steadied the ship when we could of done a Sunderland, and should always have our respect for that.

Some of the signings he made as well have been incredible. And the sense of pride he instilled in wearing the shirt has never really been repeated by another manager since he left (just look at that Bryson interview for proof, or the Russell interview with a Scottish guy a few months ago).

What he would do with our squad of today, or a proper transfer budget (which he never got), we will never really know...

And McClaren came in with proper tactics and turned his squad into an actual threat immediately. Clough was the right man for that point, just to stead the ship, but I don't think he's capable of taking a team to promotion.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

And McClaren came in with proper tactics and turned his squad into an actual threat immediately. Clough was the right man for that point, just to stead the ship, but I don't think he's capable of taking a team to promotion.

As much as I am very inclined to agree with you, none of the manager's who have followed Cloughie have managed to get us promoted either.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

As much as I am very inclined to agree with you, none of the manager's who have followed Cloughie have managed to get us promoted either.

Wasn't our top finish under Clough 10th? And hadn't our attendance average dropped to 23k under him? We were going nowhere, whilst our other managers might not have been great, at least we're competing at the right end now.

Archived