Suggestions for the next Derby manager

Just now, Archied said:

No pretence there , just repeated your post back to you clearly showing your just on a wind up ,, run out of links to post?

I am clearly not on the wind up .

You need to take your frustration out on someone else not me  

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Wasn't our top finish under Clough 10th? And hadn't our attendance average dropped to 23k under him? We were going nowhere, whilst our other managers might not have been great, at least we're competing at the right end now.

Yep - like I said, I agree with you. We were right to part ways when we did.

I just think sometimes he gets hard done by and should get a bit more respect for the job he did. (Not suggesting that's what you were doing, for what it's worth!)

3 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

All about the £££, if we are stupid enough to chuck an 8 million promotion bonus then he will walk just like anyone in football. 

Why is that stupid? £8 mill seems pretty fair if he wins us £170+ million

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Must admit feeling slightly sorry for gerrard there, no real need to try to force a comment out of him, nothings really happened.

Yes  agreed once again intrusive journalism, a question putting him in an impossible position, over something where there is no vacancy.

Frank will get this again next year when Chelsea finish third in his first year in "proper" management.

Reporter

"Frank are you aware of the interest that the FA want you out to replace Gareth Southgate should he fail to beat Germany by three clear goals in the Euro Final?"

"Apparently there are reports it will happen."

Frank "What aware or reports?"

Reporter "Both."

Frank "Ask Uncle Harry."

When Clough did get money to spend, he spent it on Connor Salmon. 

Maybe paucity of funds sharpened his focus when it came to recruitment, and an excess of funds would see that focus slip?

Come on Mel.......get on the blower.

Rob Jansen

Wasserman 
p/a Hilton Hotel, Zeestraat 35
2518 AA Den Haag
The Netherlands

Tel+31 (0)70 427 90 42

20 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Ok, those comments are less committed than Lampard’s were post Wembley. 

He could have put it to bed once and for all and he didn’t. 

'Are you aware of the interest or the reports' - 'both'! 

I wasn't expecting that. He sounded like he would be half interested too, although I can understand the pull of another big name he wouldn't be my first choice. I have nothing against him, but he's done the job expected of him and nothing more. It's also a little concerning just how much of a discipline problem Rangers have had this season. He's also been well backed, signed players very much on a scattergun approach and still has a team that lacks real quality. 

Darren Moore did a better job with WBA than Gerrard has done with Rangers, IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Rams forever said:

He's coming then

Three weeks of Talksport  telling Rangers fans - it's my understanding (cue 3 mins of verbal excrement . ) about being in the know

Radio silence till we have a piss taking holiday instagram video of him wearing a Celtic shirt and Derby shorts .

An instagram message from Jamie Carragher dressed like Apollo Creed in Rocky 4 screaming that Gerrards the man .  Yosser Hughes in the background demanding a job in the coaching staff.

This is the new way .  The **** **** bible to influencing everyone .   We must do it right.

22 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Very similar but he sounded uneasy in my opinion. The headline don’t suggest that 

I agree mate. Seeing the headline you're expecting him to unequivocally say I'll be at Rangers next season. I'm not going anywhere. 

Just says the same as Lamps. Grateful to be at a club like this, I'm planning for next season etc. 

He had his chance to say that he has no intention of leaving when the reporter asked him but he didn't.

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Lampard is planning on going that he has already spoke to him.

However, if we do go for him. I hope we're open and honest about it. 

6 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

'Are you aware of the interest or the reports' - 'both'! 

I wasn't expecting that. He sounded like he would be half interested too, although I can understand the pull of another big name he wouldn't be my first choice. I have nothing against him, but he's done the job expected of him and nothing more. It's also a little concerning just how much of a discipline problem Rangers have had this season. He's also been well backed, signed players very much on a scattergun approach and still has a team that lacks real quality. 

Darren Moore did a better job with WBA than Gerrard has done with Rangers, IMO. 

Darren Moore won't get the exposure Gerrard does. Something Mel will love in order to get additional investment. 

The mood on the Rangers forum was pretty confident before that interview was posted...

20190624_203407.thumb.jpg.361e149a2300c8b4ebba0fcd520641fd.jpg

20190624_203337.thumb.jpg.52e844e250f6da79ee0a409845490aea.jpg

20190624_203351.thumb.jpg.5170db891f91a1bfbdef5e7545d22267.jpg

But they're a little less sure of their boss's commitment now...

20190624_203418.thumb.jpg.ed5b18de67f77b3d557b47234d1ffcbd.jpg

If Gerrard wasn't interested in the Derby job then he would've said so. He's nailed on I reckon.

Archived