Suggestions for the next Derby manager

9 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Unless we can match the £12 million a year he's been offered in China. Possibly not.

He was on £5 mill per year when Newcastle were in the Championship - thats already twice as much as we've apparently offered Lampard to stay.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RamNut said:

mel has never approached another club for permission to talk to their manager.

Maybe we can't afford to.

therefore.....no chance of Lee Johnson or Alex Neil

more chance of darren moore, garry monk or chris hughton.

Even Zola might be a long shot if we can't manage to talk to wasserman's about a certain dutch legend.

Didn't Zola do absolutely awful at Birmingham?

Id prefer Monk from the people named so far, got experience at a few clubs and got Birmingham playing good football before he left. He has an attitude but he wants to win and passes that down to his sides.

Hughton is a bit meh for me i look at a manger on his recent success or performances and they've been bang average, against us in the cup they didn't do that well. Still, hes got a huge amount of experience and obviously has been promoted before so that's positive.

I wouldn't mind a foreign manager from Germany like Huddersfield and Norwich did.

We dont need too much change, we saw the positives last season and if Frank was to leave we need someone who would pick us up from where we left off and progress us on and off the pitch.

I’ll probably get pelted for saying this, and because we are all guessing on something that hasn’t even happened yet...but I don’t think keeping hold of Shay Given would be the worst shout. Or at least build a structure with him around it. We praise Frank and Jody a lot but I do think he’s quietly had more of an influence behind the scenes than we see and would keep a certain amount of continuity. 

44 minutes ago, GenBr said:

He was on £5 mill per year when Newcastle were in the Championship - thats already twice as much as we've apparently offered Lampard to stay.

I thought the '£10m' quoted would have been for the duration of any extended contract (3 years?) but surely not per annum - that would gave been crazy.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I thought the '£10m' quoted would have been for the duration of any extended contract (3 years?) but surely not per annum - that would gave been crazy.

???? Lampard was offered £2.5 mill per year by us for 4 years (according to the media). Benitez was on £5mill per year in the Championship for Newcastle, which is as i said twice as much as we have offered Lampard per year. Benitez is on even higher wages now in the Prem.

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

According to the Scots, we're going to throw cash at Gerrard once Lampard has gone. 

I've always said he was the better midfielder/manager anyway... ??

That'd add a fun edge to the rangers friendly.

not sure how rangers fans would cope. Well, no I have an idea, probably involve walking around intimidating sheep for the next 300 years...

Archived