Suggestions for the next Derby manager

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Mates just seen aitor Karanka driving round town. ducking hope he’s on his way to Nottingham.

One of my mates said a while ago that there's this theory that Karanka already lived in Derby (moved here when he got the Forest job) and is sticking around waiting for the Derby job to come up as his kids are in school around here or something. Sounds like rubbish to me but you can never tell with these things anymore. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JimmyDCFC said:

One of my mates said a while ago that there's this theory that Karanka already lived in Derby (moved here when he got the Forest job) and is sticking around waiting for the Derby job to come up as his kids are in school around here or something. Sounds like rubbish to me but you can never tell with these things anymore. 

He lives in willington so you’re partly correct, hopefully incorrect about him wanting the Derby job his football is tragic! 

9 minutes ago, YouRams said:

He lives in willington so you’re partly correct, hopefully incorrect about him wanting the Derby job his football is tragic! 

Completely agree, it'd be a poor appointment. Only advantage would be seeing the Red Dogs considerably annoyed about it. 

8 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Garry Monk favourite for Newcastle manager? Are we reet or what???

Apparently Monk is already a shoe in for our job, but if we get Benitez as a swap instead ?

43 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Raffa de gaffa is available and if we were prepared to pay Lampard £2.5m/yr I think we Could pay Raffa enough.

Just another £3.5 mill per year then and we can meet his newcastle wages. We could probably do it, but would be very risky to appoint a manager we wouldnt be able to afford to get rid of if we ever needed to.

34 minutes ago, JimmyDCFC said:

Strikes me as ********, just a nicer place to live?

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Gerrard wouldn’t in a million years leave Rangers for us, he’s getting a half decent side together up there. 

Every player we buy was linked with Rangers at some point, so maybe we already have all the players he actually wanted. I would however also agree that I cant see him coming here. As much as I criticise the SPL he would be giving up European football and a real chance at trophies to come and join us in our groundhog day promotion pursuit.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Every player we buy was linked with Rangers at some point, so maybe we already have all the players he actually wanted. I would however also agree that I cant see him coming here. As much as I criticise the SPL he would be giving up European football and a real chance at trophies to come and join us in our groundhog day promotion pursuit.

I'm pretty sure Gerrard's mindset will be "win some things with rangers to get a decent EPL shot" and not really thinking "championship has more money than rangers do"

8 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Maybe a manager who has getting clubs promoted from the championship on his CV ??

Hughton

Colin

is Wagner currently employed?

I can take substance over style for one season.

Wagner is manager of Schalke, I googled him the other week as I really rated him.

Gerard, although completely unrealistic, would be a great appointment, any Liverpool youngster would want to play for him (just like Lampard), increased chance of getting Wilson back, plus Lampard would probably want to send a couple of players our way on loan.

It would be a Mel Morris type appointment, but never gonna happen.

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I don't think Derby will get Gerrard even with an 8 million offer.

I think that Gerrard would want a bigger club to manage.

He's worth at least 80 million, according to online reports.

Why did he go to Rangers then and play in that league?

8 million! That’s a ridiculous sum of money for a bonus to anyone, yet alone a championship manager! Ain’t my money but Christ I wouldn’t be throwing that around! Would love gerrard here, would be a serious coup, but I just can’t see it happening. Really don’t think he’d take it, he’ll show loyalty to rangers I’m sure. Would be exciting if it did happen mind, to be able to attract the players he’ll be able to- we won’t lose much in that respect when we lose Lampard if so. Would probably be one of the few options available that would genuinely get me excited- provided he plays decent football of course, I haven’t seen much of rangers so should hope the board make sure of that. Other than that though, that would be a serious appointment. Would certainly lessen the blow of losing Lampard. Good to see Mel would stick to his guns of not going for dinosaurs too, tho I would have some reservations again about lack of experience, would rather someone with more than one season to their name myself but hey, better than pardew! Just don’t think anything money wise will tempt him away. It’s just too unrealistic imo to try for him, he’ll be happy there so why would he jump to our nightmare job? Not gonna happen, barely worth trying. 

Surely we haven’t really decided he’s the first choice yet to replace Lampard. We’ve not even had the official approach yet, shouldn’t even really be considering managers until that happens. Certainly not deciding on our first choice until lampards gone and we’ve spoken to our main options, which we can’t until the position is vacant! Particularly when that first choice is as unrealistic as gerrard, need to be careful to know our level I feel. Wouldnt have thought financial details like this would be thought about until our decision is made and we open contract talks either, it’s a very odd story.  We can obviously afford it if we go up mind, so whatever gets the right men here I guess! 

Still couldn’t see why gerrard would take a championship job though. He’d get a prem job by taking us up so I guess there’s that, but I’d think he could get there without having to dip down to the second tier. If he wants to succeed klopp one day, for one he’ll need patience cause he ain’t going anywhere soon, and secondly he’ll need to be managing high in the prem. Itll take a lot to get us there, near miracle in fact. Don’t see why he’d risk it, he could get a better job if he waits and wins summat at rangers.

7m for Lampard and his coaching staff would be seriously good business mind as that’ll be mental money for championship coaches, almost unbelievably good. Kudos to Mel if he pulls that off, would be serious business from him. Should help us be able to afford gerrard if by some miracle he did want to join in terms of compo needed to get him out of rangers. Is a good point that a big name in charge will attract the investors we’ve been looking for for a while. Could help us with a bigger budget next year which could be vital.

12 minutes ago, Oldben said:

I don't think Derby will get Gerrard even with an 8 million offer.

I think that Gerrard would want a bigger club to manage.

He's worth at least 80 million, according to online reports.

Maybe he could buy us and come in as player/owner ?

Archived