Suggestions for the next Derby manager

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Careful what you believe, the press reports are based solely on what the unpopular Blues CEO said to try and justify the sacking. Monk has no right of reply due to the terms of his severance package. There are two sides to every story that you see and hear.

So i assume Monk is going to be doing something about defamation of character then if not true? Also why have the terms of his severance package been made public?

Its not the first club he has been sacked from unexpectedly either.

For me itx not worth thd risk especially after the sam rush debacle.

I always liked that Óscar García who was at Brighton when we beat them in the playoffs.

Just looked where he’s been since...I remember he had to leave Watford after like 2 weeks for ill health, but then he had a stormer at Redbull Salzburg, then not so good at Saint Etienne and Olympiacos.

Still think he would be good and plays great football. 

3 minutes ago, GeoffDerby said:

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez is set to leave the club next week after he failed to agree a new deal with the Magpies.- could we ?

Could we tempt him with a bowl of pasta in Duffield? That’s all the rage these days...

32 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Nigel Clough with MONEY TO SPEND !!!!.  THE 2ND COMING  ( after all we had Mac a few times ) 

Anyone who thinks its a bad idea go and read Brysons article on DET today .

Prepares for the Ante Nigel brigade to arrive 

Anti, you mean?

How about Big Dave, after all he has first hand experience of Derby playing in the Prem, should he get us up!

oh, wait...

18 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

I can see some virtue in good cop, bad cop but bad cop, bad cop???

It’d be more like the Keystone Cops... I’d rather take a punt on Big Dave rather than those two. Chris Hughton would be my choice, reckon he’d be a good stable pair of hands to sort the team on a budget and get us to where we need to be. Only concern is the style of football going too defensive. 

5 minutes ago, muttley72 said:

It’d be more like the Keystone Cops... I’d rather take a punt on Big Dave rather than those two. Chris Hughton would be my choice, reckon he’d be a good stable pair of hands to sort the team on a budget and get us to where we need to be. Only concern is the style of football going too defensive. 

Think I would go hughton too , if lampard goes at this point then I think there is going to be a dip in moral at the club and a bit of flatness and hughton for me would be a good enough manager to guide us and the players through and get us moving in the right direction,the wrong appointment could see us spiral downwards and really set us back

mel has never approached another club for permission to talk to their manager.

Maybe we can't afford to.

therefore.....no chance of Lee Johnson or Alex Neil

more chance of darren moore, garry monk or chris hughton.

Even Zola might be a long shot if we can't manage to talk to wasserman's about a certain dutch legend.

Archived