Retained List

59 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Weird with all the FFP stuff. The DET suggests Blackman and Butterfield aren't actually being retained which shows daft the whole thing is.

Disappointed for Timi Elsnik, but not surprised.

We seem to be keeping a lot of the youngsters (are they really all better than Elsnik? I'm flabbergasted if so). But by also keeping so many senior players, it's hard to see where the path through comes.

I much prefer Bryson to some of the players we have kept, but if we can't agree terms I don't mind as we need to make some room.

I have found the Elsnik one strange.

He looked good against Liverpool many years ago, and then won us a penalty shoot out when each side had taken about 16 penalties. I honestly thought he would kick on.

He went on loan to Swindon and by all accounts was different class.

I just wonder if his attitude was a bit off.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He looked good against Liverpool many years ago, and then won us a penalty shoot out when each side had taken about 16 penalties. I honestly thought he would kick on.

Was talking with head of youth development at a current premier league club about young players the fans rate being released. His response? "all players eventually find their natural level"

Sure there will be exceptions that come back and haunt clubs and the staff who thought they weren't good enough, however many many times they are proven correct. Shame for timi, maybe he will pass us on the way up.

Wonder where King fits into all this? I know he was a loan, but I get the impression we had an eye on a permanent deal at the end of the season when we had moved others on.

If we are offering Bryson a new deal then I'd find King an unlikely signing, maybe after his performances toward the end of the season Holmes is a starter and Bryson is his cover.

Shinnie to slot in at holding mid, and then something special in midfield for Mount. Expect he will try for Ampadu (and Mount?) again.

Johnson would be good cover but may want more than that and of course is on staggering wages. I can see him getting and accepting a better deal elsewhere.

Huddlestone/Evans around if we want to play 2 holding mids on occasion, though I imagine Hudds will be off now he has more time for a deal to be sorted, and we have ample time to replace him aswell.  Can't factor Thorne or Butters as they weren't really first team squad members anyway.

Can see Bird out on loan this season, and it's probably the best thing for his development. and we have Knight and Sibley (but probaby not Elsnik ?) around to plug any holes in the matchday squad.

Would like to see Thomas and MacAllister stay and get a few cameos and loan out Wilson and Mitchell-Wilson.

Wouldn't bet against Cole getting another year as cover for Malone given the question mark over Forsyth's recovery, Lowe will be elsewhere be it on loan or Rangers paying 7 figures.  Olsson is unlucky but not a loss.

Ambrose will probably remain an enigma, expect him to rock up at some other championship side come August. 

Butters, Pearce and Blackman were always nailed on to go. Roos will stay but I wouldn't sad to lose him - no good giving him the no.1 shirt just to keep him.

We will obviously try for Tomori again too, but I'd expect another centre half in besides whoever fills that slot.  Davies is too big of a gamble to be our only back up 

Just leaves Nugent who must be down to third or fourth choice, and a few others can fill in, so he'll be off too.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

So we gave them additional years so we wouldnt take the hit to FFP on the 18/19 books, but will likely release them ahead of the 19/20 season.

Makes sense in terms of FFP but the fact it overcomplicates things to this degree is pretty absurd.

Couldn't we just sell them to Mel?

14 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

You can only bend something so much until it breaks..... talking from personal experience

You should have listened to your mother when she told you to stop playing with it!

And so you're back
From outer space
I just walked in to find you here
With that sad look upon your face
I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I've have known for just one second
You'd be back to bother me

Go on now go
Walk out the door
Just turn around now
'Cause you're not welcome anymore

7CFE13D0-E29C-449F-877F-26CBB240471A.jpeg

Roo

Bogle.     Keogh.   Huddlestone.    Malone

.          Butterfield.   Johnson

Blackman.       Holmes.       Lawrence

Martin.        

Looking good. ?

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've only ever heard good things about his attitude. Here is is at Wembley in his Rams shirt. ?

Mel will know what's what.

Hopefully FL will stay with us for next season, but if he doesn't, the new manager will at least have a (albeit moderate quality) squad of players and not have to get into summer Panicbiye mode.

Really puzzled by the Elsnik thing. Maybe we have some U18’s that Jodie rates higher and it’s a number in positions game ? 

Apart from that I am certain this has to do with transfer windows, FFP, getting a resale value and generally working the system. Otherwise it would be really odd. 

Archived