Retained List

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

There is only so long you can keep doing this though, that’s the point I think a few are making, it’s not a genius thing to do..... or as some call it “boiling piss”

We can't keep doing what exactly? We could carry on losing money indefinitely as long as its within the FFP limit and Mel has the money.

The whole point of letting all these players go was to slash the wage bill. Butterfield and Blackman will also likely soon be gone - the temporary contracts are likely only for FFP. Mel wants the wage bill down to somewhere around £20 mill and we aren't exactly going to be splashing the cash on new players unless we manage to sell some players for big fees.

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The bigger issue was letting Clement go mental with the cheque book as we are still picking up the pieces.

People blame Clement, but I'm not too sure the summer signings were his if I'm being honest, that was when we had Sam Rush running the show.

The only signings I think he had a vague hand in were the January ones, Blackman, Camara and Olsson...at 5 million it turned out to be a waste of money, but at least we got a Forest winner and a song out of it.

9 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I never said it was a genius thing to do, just that in our current situation it's the best option. This isn't the thing to get mad about, the thing to get mad about is putting over priced players on daft contracts to begin with but few of us were complaining at the time when Mel was throwing cash around like it was a stag party in a strip club. 

You’ll find I was questioning how we were ran.....

I imagine that MM will be fuming that DET have let the cat out of the bag by announcing that we may get rid of the players anyway.

Puts the auditors in a position as well, how can they possibly let DCFC value players at anything other than £0 knowing that they plan to offload them without them playing another game for us.

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't give players contracts if they are not part of the plans? 

Blame mel blame mel blame mel , it’s all a bit boring 

if the stupidity of a ffp system or whatever name it goes by now makes it less damaging to a club to give new contracts to players they clearly don’t want than just letting them go then that is a problem with the way the championship is being run not the way clubs like ours are being run but there are those on here that constantly look for any stick to beat Morris with despite the fact that he does everything within his power to try to keep us competitive, including putting massive amounts of his own money into the club

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Puts the auditors in a position as well, how can they possibly let DCFC value players at anything other than £0 knowing that they plan to offload them without them playing another game for us.

Or they're worth less than we end up paying them off for - not necessarily nothing.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

We can't keep doing what exactly? We could carry on losing money indefinitely as long as its within the FFP limit and Mel has the money.

The whole point of letting all these players go was to slash the wage bill. Butterfield and Blackman will also likely soon be gone - the temporary contracts are likely only for FFP. Mel wants the wage bill down to somewhere around £20 mill and we aren't exactly going to be splashing the cash on new players unless we manage to sell some players for big fees.

This is why I’ve questioned how we’ve been ran..... maybe if we wasn’t that gung ho hiring and firing and having players that didn’t fit various managers plans we maybe in a much more positive situation instead of having to do this.

As I’ve said, you can only bend it so far before you break it.

Enough Whataboutery from me though 

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

if the stupidity of a ffp system or whatever name it goes by now makes it less damaging to a club to give new contracts to players they clearly don’t want than just letting them go then that is a problem with the way the championship is being run not the way clubs like ours are being run but there are those on here that constantly look for any stick to beat Morris with despite the fact that he does everything within his power to try to keep us competitive, including putting massive amounts of his own money into the club

Who else is running the show though? 

I just hope he can get somewhere with the club..... 

It maybe a bit boring, but he is the chairman/owner

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You can't change the past. 

You’ve just chopped at my post you’ve replied too to suit mind 

1 minute ago, Archied said:

Well yes I do blame Mel.

He knows the rules and it's beginning to look like he has taken a huge gamble and is now having to pull of all sorts of tricks just to keep us abiding by the rules.

Saying the rules are silly is no excuse. Everyone knows the rules.

I like MM and what he has done for our club but the fact that we keep hitting the headlines over financial news is not good. Plus I'm left questioning how much truth MM actually tells the fans when he speaks to them.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I imagine that MM will be fuming that DET have let the cat out of the bag by announcing that we may get rid of the players anyway.

Pretty sure you could argue that uncertainty around the managers future (regardless of the fact he was never going) as a mitigating factor in this?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well yes I do blame Mel.

He knows the rules and it's beginning to look like he has taken a huge gamble and is now having to pull of all sorts of tricks just to keep us abiding by the rules.

Saying the rules are silly is no excuse. Everyone knows the rules.

I like MM and what he has done for our club but the fact that we keep hitting the headlines over financial news is not good. Plus I'm left questioning how much truth MM actually tells the fans when he speaks to them.

It's a big bad world out there. Mel isn't Mother Theresa.

Let’s start a Morris out campaign, get us some owners that stick rigidly to at worst breaking even then we can start our push for relegation,, lets see how that sits with the majority of fans rather than the few that have a real fixation with pulling down mel Morris 

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

Some people on here should never play poker.  Demanding Mel tells the fans everything is both a narcissistic demand and poor advice on how to run a business.

Don't demand he tells everything, think it's disingenuous calling fans forums though and either lying or hiding the truth when asked things. Probably better to not hold forums if that's what is happening. 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Don't demand he tells everything, think it's disingenuous calling fans forums though and either lying or hiding the truth when asked things. Probably better to not hold forums if that's what is happening. 

Or just hold the forums and have a jolly good time - do you seriously believe the forums are held to reveal the Clubs inner workings and secrets?! ?

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No. Thought we sold the ground to sort our FFP problems. 

Mixed messages galore from MM, leaves me wondering how close we are to FFP limits.

You can only assume that the sale of the ground was last resort stuff 

These contracts were probably done earlier in the season when we thought there was no way out. I imagine if the stadium sale was not let through by the EFL, or the stadium wasn't valued so high independently, then we would have sold Bogle in January and just squeezed through.

Hopefully Mel has a grip on the finances now. I think he has, personally.

Archived