Retained List

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

So we gave them additional years so we wouldnt take the hit to FFP on the 18/19 books, but will likely release them ahead of the 19/20 season.

Makes sense in terms of FFP but the fact it overcomplicates things to this degree is pretty absurd.

Helped the 17/18 books too if they were eventually treated as having 2 years remaining rather than 1, assuming the contracts were extended before the accounts were finalised (likely).

Clever accounting and shows up the nonsense of FFP. So many loopholes.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we've asked 2 players to sign radically reduced extensions, so that we can buy them out of said extensions before the start of the season and not have what we paid for them deducted from FFP/PAS expenditure? ?This seems even more dodgy than the selling the stadium to Mel

Why give Bryson a new contract? He's not been good for us for several years now, I like the guy, but I liked Nuge too, it makes sense to release Bryson with the rest and start to replace our midfield, rather disappointed.

I am glad Johnson will be sticking around and on reduced terms as well (unless he is also going to be offed along with Butters and Blackman).

If Bryson signs on reduced terms i wont mind having him around as a useful squad player - even on lower wages i imagine we'd still be offering more than anything he could get in Scotland.

Surprised about Elsnik, but we do appear to have a lot of talented youth players coming through.

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Why give Bryson a new contract? He's not been good for us for several years now, I like the guy, but I liked Nuge too, it makes sense to release Bryson with the rest and start to replace our midfield, rather disappointed.

He's probably quite cheap by now.

Perhaps it’s time to ignore the football and simply support the team with the most inventive and active set of accountants.

Just joking but 5 years ago we would not have seen any postings about accounting practices now we write about  442 v 433 and amortisation rates.?

Archived