Retained List

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

This is why I’ve questioned how we’ve been ran..... maybe if we wasn’t that gung ho hiring and firing and having players that didn’t fit various managers plans we maybe in a much more positive situation instead of having to do this.

As I’ve said, you can only bend it so far before you break it.

Enough Whataboutery from me though 

The only real mistake for me was the season under Clement when we tried to throw our financial weight around and it didn't work. We're getting our budget under control now though - I don't think we will have to be selling the training ground to become compliant. FFP is the problem not the way the club is run for me. Stuff like selling stadiums as Wednesday have done, Villa would have done if not promoted and Boro will likely do if they can is not because the clubs are running out of money its to meet some arbitrary limit that the league has decided to set.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Archied said:

Let’s start a Morris out campaign, get us some owners that stick rigidly to at worst breaking even then we can start our push for relegation,, lets see how that sits with the majority of fans rather than the few that have a real fixation with pulling down mel Morris 

I've been a massive backer of MM so assume that is not aimed at me.

Didn't see Norwich or Sheff Utd having to do these sort of things to make themselves competitive so lets not pretend you have to gamble your finances or you'll get relegated. 

1 minute ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Some people on here should never play poker.  Demanding Mel tells the fans everything is both a narcissistic demand and poor advice on how to run a business.

Exactly. We don't want potential transfer fees being elevated because we appear to have money. Look where that got us before. Keep your hand hidden. Isn't this a case of Mel actually learning from past mistakes? 

6 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Who else is running the show though? 

I just hope he can get somewhere with the club..... 

It maybe a bit boring, but he is the chairman/owner

He is running the show , I’m not questioning that I’m questioning the fantasy island view of a handful of fans on here who just knock the bloke and spin the yarn that we can spend bugger all and still compete ,, it’s pie in the sky , the bloke is doing everything he can to allow us to compete and that is top class for me, so yes it’s boring seeing the same few faces constantly knocking the bloke

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

He is running the show , I’m not questioning that I’m questioning the fantasy island view of a handful of fans on here who just knock the bloke and spin the yarn that we can spend bugger all and still compete ,, it’s pie in the sky , the bloke is doing everything he can to allow us to compete and that is top class for me, so yes it’s boring seeing the same few faces constantly knocking the bloke

Spend bugger all and compete ? now I know you're joking. 

If not, I'd direct you to Companies House where a set of accounts is readily available.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've been a massive backer of MM so assume that is not aimed at me.

Didn't see Norwich or Sheff Utd having to do these sort of things to make themselves competitive so lets not pretend you have to gamble your finances or you'll get relegated. 

This was Norwichs first season without parachute payments. Although I agree both teams built their squads for basically no money. If it makes you happy that is the model we will be following from now on. We won't be spending big again unless we sell someone like Bogle for a lot of money. 

Happy to be pulled up here if I misquote, but at the Nunsfield House forum wasn't MM saying about players who were not playing for us being out of contract in the summer and therefore the wage bill going down? 

On the assumption that Blackman and Butterfield were 2 of the players he was referring to, has he not pulled the wool over the fans eyes a little?

1 minute ago, Archied said:

It’s boring for me to see some think we can’t question him etc on here and other parts of social media..... without being called a hater, and wanting us to fail under him, a plastic, not a fan and above all else I detest, saying I have a agenda etc (sorry I know you’ve not said these things).

I sincerely hope we succeed under his ownership, but it’s flattered to deceive for me. He’s done some very good things, and ultimately some not so good things. I’ll never doubt his commitment to Derby County, like I’ve done in the past, that was a mistake on my part.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Spend bugger all and compete ? now I know you're joking. 

If not, I'd direct you to Companies House where a set of accounts is readily available.

I’m talking about what some  people seem to want him to do ,

anyway im out of this one now ,it’s the same rubbish as the Keogh hating stuff ,, beyond reasoning ,,, crack on haters keep hating

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Happy to be pulled up here if I misquote, but at the Nunsfield House forum wasn't MM saying about players who were not playing for us being out of contract in the summer and therefore the wage bill going down? 

On the assumption that Blackman and Butterfield were 2 of the players he was referring to, has he not pulled the wool over the fans eyes a little?

Slashing their wages ? And it works better for ffp ,yep lying through his teeth???

Just now, Archied said:

I’m talking about what some  people seem to want him to do ,

anyway im out of this one now ,it’s the same rubbish as the Keogh hating stuff ,, beyond reasoning ,,, crack on haters keep hating

Seriously, grow up.

If you're keen on rational debating I'd suggest a football forum is not somewhere you should be spending much time. 

Where have you tried to do reasoning? As far as I can see you've just jumped in and told anyone that has an opinion that they are talking rubbish and are a hater?

Just now, Archied said:

Slashing their wages ? And it works better for ffp ,yep lying through his teeth???

He said a certain number of them were out of contract and it amounted to x amount of the wage bill.

It now appears that 2 of them had already signed new contracts.

I'd say that is being economical with the truth at best. 

As I've said, happy to be pulled up if I've misunderstood or misquoted. Just going from my recollection of the forum.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Seriously, grow up.

If you're keen on rational debating I'd suggest a football forum is not somewhere you should be spending much time. 

Where have you tried to do reasoning? As far as I can see you've just jumped in and told anyone that has an opinion that they are talking rubbish and are a hater?

Love rational debate but have grown up by figuring out fast where it’s not poss and leaving it ?

49 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The bigger issue was letting Clement go mental with the cheque book as we are still picking up the pieces.

You mean Wasserman Media Group client Paul Clement? Who went to ex Wasserman Media Group employee Sam Rush, to get permission to buy a lot of Wasserman Media Group clients such as Johnson, Butterfield, Camera, Bent and Ollson, for big fees on large contracts?

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't demand he tells everything, think it's disingenuous calling fans forums though and either lying or hiding the truth when asked things. Probably better to not hold forums if that's what is happening. 

At the last one (or might have been the one before), he came about as close as he reasonably could to saying that we were going to be doing this, though. 

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

It’s boring for me to see some think we can’t question him etc on here and other parts of social media..... without being called a hater, and wanting us to fail under him, a plastic, not a fan and above all else I detest, saying I have a agenda etc (sorry I know you’ve not said these things).

I sincerely hope we succeed under his ownership, but it’s flattered to deceive for me. He’s done some very good things, and ultimately some not so good things. I’ll never doubt his commitment to Derby County, like I’ve done in the past, that was a mistake on my part.

Like every club owner in the history of football.  Mel is better than many we’ve had and certainly no worse than most.  

Anyway, back on the topic of the retained list. Considering we've released 4 defenders today with 2 of them being centre halves, this leaves us seriously short in that department. Is it too optimistic to hope we've lined Tomori up for a return? At the very least we must have something in the pipeline unless we're trying a new 2-4-4 formation. 

42 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

This is why I’ve questioned how we’ve been ran..... maybe if we wasn’t that gung ho hiring and firing and having players that didn’t fit various managers plans we maybe in a much more positive situation instead of having to do this.

As I’ve said, you can only bend it so far before you break it.

Enough Whataboutery from me though 

You can't change the past

3 minutes ago, KCG said:

Love it... the financial "experts" are out again... sigh!

Not sure if aimed at me, but if so, being an accountant I'd say I'm as qualified as most to comment on financial issues.

On the basis of you only wanting experts commenting in their chosen fields, I'm guessing you're a highly decorated football manager. Are you Sir Alex or Arsene? Sigh 

Archived