Retained List

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Davide said:

I think overall Derby have done very well with keepers since Ive been watching them: Poom, Camp, Carson, Grant. Cant remember Carroll, was he particularly bad?

I wish i couldn't remember him.

On 28/05/2019 at 09:19, ram59 said:

We only had 4 players in the starting 11 signed up for next season. Bogle, Keogh, Bennett and Lawrence. 

I wonder how this compared with other play off finalists over the years. 

Wowsers.

On 28/05/2019 at 22:31, Carl Sagan said:

Just for info for those thinking Roos is some kind of young, inexperienced keeper, he's 27 this weekend (Happy Birthday Kelle!) and had previously won a Wembley playoff final while out on loan at Wimbledon. 

Carson had been immense for two seasons but injury seemed to affect him and Kelle seized his chance and has done well with his feet including sweeping up. But every player can make an error. Roos wasn't the only one to do that on Monday. 

Roos made more than an error, he cost us the game.

On 28/05/2019 at 23:05, TommyPowel said:

call me gullible but how many times has Frank got to say that the meeting with Mel was schedules weeks ago

Gullible, enough times to convince the unconvincible that there is no impending Frankexit

32 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Roos made more than an error, he cost us the game.

You being serious Rampage? Sometimes it's hard to tell out of context.

Equally you could say Bogle cost us the game shooting at the near post instead of a simple pass to Waghorn for a tap-in, or Harry Wilson cost us the game for his pathetic floated cross to round off a brilliant move when he should have picked someone out for the equalizer. Or Bradley Johnson cost us the game for letting the ball run through him in midfield to allow Villa to score just before halftime. And so on...

Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Animated GIF

Right back at you mate!

We aren't retaining robbie savage are we?

16 hours ago, Davide said:

I would hope Carson will stay. He is a fantastic keeper. Roos is good also. We've had some good keepers over the years at Derby.

I agree with you that Carson is a fantastic keeper. He just doesn't seem to fit what Frank wants from a keeper. We looked a better side with Roos playing out from feet, in my opinion.

What is Lee Grant up to these days? Can someone put a call in? ?

If we are to be serious about promotion next season, we need a better keeper than Roos. I'm not sure Carson is the answer any more but when you look at the promoted teams, they all have good quality keepers.

Roos has done OK but he fills me with dread everytime the ball goes near him. He doesn't command his area and I think he's very slow when he's trying to distribute it. 

I think he needs to go and see if the next catalogue are requiring models for the summer season. 

8 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

If we are to be serious about promotion next season, we need a better keeper than Roos. I'm not sure Carson is the answer any more but when you look at the promoted teams, they all have good quality keepers.

Roos has done OK but he fills me with dread everytime the ball goes near him. He doesn't command his area and I think he's very slow when he's trying to distribute it. 

I think he needs to go and see if the next catalogue are requiring models for the summer season. 

So you don't fancy him as a keeper, you just fancy him?

53 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Could it be that decisions on these player's contracts are being delayed while there is a level of uncertainty around the future of the manager?

Mel wants the wage bill down. Unless most of those players agree to take massive pay cuts it wont matter who the manager is.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Mel wants the wage bill down. Unless most of those players agree to take massive pay cuts it wont matter who the manager is.

I can't imagine Bogle and Bennett are on massive wages to be honest.

Archived