Retained List

Just for info for those thinking Roos is some kind of young, inexperienced keeper, he's 27 this weekend (Happy Birthday Kelle!) and had previously won a Wembley playoff final while out on loan at Wimbledon. 

Carson had been immense for two seasons but injury seemed to affect him and Kelle seized his chance and has done well with his feet including sweeping up. But every player can make an error. Roos wasn't the only one to do that on Monday. 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Whilst all this is all incredibly relevant it really does depend on who our manager is next season and if lampard stays as I think he should then get on with it but we need clear noises and the Chelsea stuff to go away 

call me gullible but how many times has Frank got to say that the meeting with Mel was schedules weeks ago

9 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

He kept more clean sheets than Carson and Carson played more games. 

He has made mistakes yes, but he hadn't been given much match time, I'd like to see another season, give him chance. 

Roos fills me with more confidence than Carson....

This gives me the opposite feeling, surely, if Carson has played a lot more games, he's not going to 

have as many clean sheets!  perhaps i'm looking at this the wrong way?

2 hours ago, DesertRam said:

This gives me the opposite feeling, surely, if Carson has played a lot more games, he's not going to 

have as many clean sheets!  perhaps i'm looking at this the wrong way?

Yes, you are.

Clean sheets are not in the same statistics category as, say, minutes per goal - where a low amount of appearances buffs the stat; and you don't lose a previously attained clean sheet by conceding a goal in a different game. It's a cumulative stat, so the more games should always equal the higher stat.

A goalkeeper with more appearances should have more clean sheets.

9 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Just for info for those thinking Roos is some kind of young, inexperienced keeper, he's 27 this weekend (Happy Birthday Kelle!) and had previously won a Wembley playoff final while out on loan at Wimbledon. 

Not young, but I would argue inexperienced - He's played somewhere around 70 career games (that's only about 20 more than Max Lowe) and hasn't had more than half a season anywhere

12 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

He kept more clean sheets than Carson and Carson played more games. 

He has made mistakes yes, but he hadn't been given much match time, I'd like to see another season, give him chance. 

Roos fills me with more confidence than Carson....

Clean sheets aren’t just down to the goal keeper.

3 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Not young, but I would argue inexperienced - He's played somewhere around 70 career games (that's only about 20 more than Max Lowe) and hasn't had more than half a season anywhere

Keepers always peak later and tend not to play half as much as outfield players until later in their careers.

I'd keep Roos. Yes he clearly has a mistake in him but he is improving and worth keeping around, if Carson goes and another keeper comes in then they battle it out and the best man wins, at least he won't be on a massive amount.

Johnson I'd keep, whoever is was posting that he's the worst player they've seen is clearly off their rocker. not tearing the league up but solid enough and has experience that we will need going forward. MUST be on reduced wages though or he'll have to go.

Lowe I'm unsure on, depends on fees banded about for him. I don't think I've discovered the wheel when I say he looks very well suited for a LWB role and with three at the back and him and Bogle bombing forward they could be dangerous. I also think although he was weak at defending crosses in his few games this season, the whole team was and he did get dropped into some of our crapest performances, whether that's his fault or not i'm not sure but he's worth a deal i suppose.

The rest can go for me. Cole can stay if he takes a coaching role and can act as cover.

If we could finally shift Anya, Martin and Thorne out as well that would be a bonus!

I'm hoping we release Butterfield, Bryson, Ambrose, Cole, Olsson, Blackman, Nugent

Offer new contracts to Roos and Johnson.

Sell or loan out Carson, Thorne, Huddlestone, Anya, and Martin.

Promote Bird, Sibley, Thomas, McAllister and Mitchell-Lawson for a full pre-season to make a judgement on  whether they are loaned out or stay here and compete for places.

Then we'll need a new goalkeeper (maybe Walton), a new centre back (hopefully Tomori), a new creative central midfielder (hopefully Aribo or Powell), then a striker to push Waggy, Marriott and Bennett for a place (should we play the diamond).

The noises coming out of the club seem to me to indicate that the financial situation is not good, so we might have to sell Bogle before we can do anything. 

I hope that crop leaving will seriously slash the wage bill and make it more sustainable for the club going forward.

On 29/05/2019 at 12:35, NorfolkRam said:

I'd keep Roos. Yes he clearly has a mistake in him but he is improving and worth keeping around, if Carson goes and another keeper comes in then they battle it out and the best man wins, at least he won't be on a massive amount.

Johnson I'd keep, whoever is was posting that he's the worst player they've seen is clearly off their rocker. not tearing the league up but solid enough and has experience that we will need going forward. MUST be on reduced wages though or he'll have to go.

Lowe I'm unsure on, depends on fees banded about for him. I don't think I've discovered the wheel when I say he looks very well suited for a LWB role and with three at the back and him and Bogle bombing forward they could be dangerous. I also think although he was weak at defending crosses in his few games this season, the whole team was and he did get dropped into some of our crapest performances, whether that's his fault or not i'm not sure but he's worth a deal i suppose.

The rest can go for me. Cole can stay if he takes a coaching role and can act as cover.

If we could finally shift Anya, Martin and Thorne out as well that would be a bonus!

For me chris martin can stay thorn can if he can prove his fitness but ashley cole can go unless coaching role only.

Sith Happens

I'd be tempted to give Nick Blackman another year, have a feeling he could be the fox in the box we need.??

On 29/05/2019 at 14:50, EulogyForEvolution said:

I'm hoping we release Butterfield, Bryson, Ambrose, Cole, Olsson, Blackman, Nugent

Offer new contracts to Roos and Johnson.

Sell or loan out Carson, Thorne, Huddlestone, Anya, and Martin.

Promote Bird, Sibley, Thomas, McAllister and Mitchell-Lawson for a full pre-season to make a judgement on  whether they are loaned out or stay here and compete for places.

Then we'll need a new goalkeeper (maybe Walton), a new centre back (hopefully Tomori), a new creative central midfielder (hopefully Aribo or Powell), then a striker to push Waggy, Marriott and Bennett for a place (should we play the diamond).

The noises coming out of the club seem to me to indicate that the financial situation is not good, so we might have to sell Bogle before we can do anything. 

I hope that crop leaving will seriously slash the wage bill and make it more sustainable for the club going forward.

I would hope Carson will stay. He is a fantastic keeper. Roos is good also. We've had some good keepers over the years at Derby.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Davide said:

I would hope Carson will stay. He is a fantastic keeper. Roos is good also. We've had some good keepers over the years at Derby.

Let me just say Roy Carroll. ?

Archived