• Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Carson

Wisdom Davies Evans Forsyth

Butterfield Huddlestone 

Blackman Bryson Anya

Martin

Dont be telling me we ain’t got a Promotion winning tiki taka side right there??

Really wonder how that side would get on in the championship. Probably solid enough at the back, but midfield and attack is a complete right off. About as dynamic as the titanic. 

When playing staff decisions are being made based on financial issues rather than footballing issues you really have to question how the club is being run.

Obviously there will be some who think this is another MM masterstroke but in my eyes this is completely ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

When playing staff decisions are being made based on financial issues rather than footballing issues you really have to question how the club is being run.

Obviously there will be some who think this is another MM masterstroke but in my eyes this is completely ridiculous.

Decisions on the playing staff are always influenced by finances at almost every football club on the planet, certainly at every club in our division.

What do you propose we do differently?

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Exactly

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Decisions on the playing staff are always influenced by finances at almost every football club on the planet, certainly at every club in our division.

What do you propose we do differently?

Don't give players contracts if they are not part of the plans? 

3 hours ago, Carnero said:

"It is highly likely Blackman and Butterfield will be released and will not return to the club for pre-season."

--

You gotta laugh at the nonsense that is FFP 

You might laugh but we only have ourselves to blame if ffp is the reason. We knew the rules of FFP.  Cant blame any one else.

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't give players contracts if they are not part of the plans? 

If it's a choice between extending them out with big pay cuts or causing more damage to the FFP figures by releasing them then they have made the right decision. They are still there to be loaned out/sold if need be which stops us taking a hit as I understand it. 

Surely you can see the bigger picture on these?

50 minutes ago, jono said:

Really puzzled by the Elsnik thing. Maybe we have some U18’s that Jodie rates higher and it’s a number in positions game ? 

Apart from that I am certain this has to do with transfer windows, FFP, getting a resale value and generally working the system. Otherwise it would be really odd. 

Sibley, Knight and Bird look to have jumped ahead of him. I guess there could be a few more showing promise too. 

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If it's a choice between extending them out with big pay cuts or causing more damage to the FFP figures by releasing them then they have made the right decision. They are still there to be loaned out/sold if need be which stops us taking a hit as I understand it. 

There is only so long you can keep doing this though, that’s the point I think a few are making, it’s not a genius thing to do..... or as some call it “boiling piss”

Just now, Mafiabob said:

There is only so long you can keep doing this though, that’s the point I think a few are making, it’s not a genius thing to do..... or as some call it “boiling piss”

I never said it was a genius thing to do, just that in our current situation it's the best option. This isn't the thing to get mad about, the thing to get mad about is putting over priced players on daft contracts to begin with but few of us were complaining at the time when Mel was throwing cash around like it was a stag party in a strip club. 

By extending them out, are we not just pushing the problem out by a year? I'm assuming we put residual values on these players and that has backfired enormously now to the point we are pushing the problem on 12 months.

However given the accounts of last year showing the stadium sale, the extra money from the play offs this year, our finances must be really bad if we can't cut players now.

Final point, reduced contracts or not, this will hinder FL's ability to bring talent in and although I'm sure he's not naive of the financial situation, this can't have made him happy at all.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think Mel would probably agree with you, hense the reason the contracts were extended earlier in the year and not announced.

11 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

No. Thought we sold the ground to sort our FFP problems. 

Mixed messages galore from MM, leaves me wondering how close we are to FFP limits.

Archived