Retained List

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Key Club King said:

Regardless of yesterday’s mistake, I have been oddly unconvinced by Roos despite him not doing much wrong. Think he is an excellent backup at Championship level. 

I think that is the problem, he doesn't want to be back up.

I think you've got to keep zoon, play him on the wing like yesterday and see what happens. He looked bright when he came on, cutting into the box and putting balls in. On the other hand, Bryson isn't the player he was and Johnson just ain't up to it. I don't care if he's a good championship player, we're building a squad fit for promotion to the premier League remember. And really, with the style of play lampard has enforced and a few more good signings, we're not too far away.

54 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think you've got to keep zoon, play him on the wing like yesterday and see what happens. He looked bright when he came on, cutting into the box and putting balls in. On the other hand, Bryson isn't the player he was and Johnson just ain't up to it. I don't care if he's a good championship player, we're building a squad fit for promotion to the premier League remember. And really, with the style of play lampard has enforced and a few more good signings, we're not too far away.

The f@@ker didn't look up when he needed to do - in the last minute. - when Waghorn was standing on the pissing penalty spot on his own ready to slot it!! - if he'd had squared it....we would have equalised.....

Even the the fat girl teenager in block 522 who had been watching tv on her iPad all match and Grandpa Walton in Row 83 who was 84 last month - . - shouted at him at that one.....

37 minutes ago, irobinson said:

The f@@ker didn't look up when he needed to do - in the last minute. - when Waghorn was standing on the pissing penalty spot on his own ready to slot it!! - if he'd had squared it....we would have equalised.....

Even the the fat girl teenager in block 522 who had been watching tv on her iPad all match and Grandpa Walton in Row 83 who was 84 last month - . - shouted at him at that one..... 

Decision making in the final third was a main problem yesterday throughout. I can recall when Bogle fired wide instead of passing to waghorn to slot it in an empty net. Things to work on but my main point was to see what happens with zoon because there might be something in him however Bryson and Jonno are gone

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

I have to say that Johnson is one of the worst players I have seen. He can’t pass and his technique is woeful. He isn’t a holding midfielder nor is he attack minded. He is one where the contract should not be renewed. The same for Bryson. It is time to move on with Bryson. I don’t understand the Jozefzoon situation. Why hasn’t he been playing? 

Of course you are entitled to that opinion but one of the worst player's you have seen?

No just no.

10 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Does anyone know how quickly the retained list arrived after we lost to QPR? 

Back to the OP not sure if has been said already but the retained list was 3 days after the playoff final defeat to QPR.

www.dcfc.co.uk/amp/news/2014/05/Derby-confirm-retained-list-following-the-end-of-the-201314-season

So by todays rate you are looking at 30th May. Exactly 30 days before most players contracts expire and can talk freely with other clubs.

2 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Back to the OP not sure if has been said already but the retained list was 3 days after the playoff final defeat to QPR.

www.dcfc.co.uk/amp/news/2014/05/Derby-confirm-retained-list-following-the-end-of-the-201314-season

So by todays rate you are looking at 30th May. Exactly 30 days before most players contracts expire and can talk freely with other clubs.

be end of the week then - after Mel and Frank has had a Frappe love in together 

It's a shame the player contract dates thread is no longer pinned (tried searching but I couldn't find it). I find it somewhat strange people have brought Zoon into this thread when surely we didn't sign him on a one-year contract? Those not retained will be players whose contracts are expiring at the end of this season.

The retained list will also include academy players coming through. An interesting balancing act for Frank and Mel. Five of yesterday's 18 were once in our academy (three starters) which is pretty impressive.

Edit: And thanks to @kingsy1884for providing the key info on dates.

10 hours ago, DCFC Ram said:

sorry to say this, but I'd be quite happy for us to lose a few that are in contract as well. A decent cameo from Zoon at Wembley isn't enough over a season and too many no-shows from Lawrence for example.

There is a potential with Lawrence, but needs to shine next season. The club would take a big hit financially if we sold him now. We perhaps payed over the odds.  Not the players fault though....

Johnson has been at his best since returning to the team, and overall had a good season. If there are FFP reasons for keeping him and he'll take a pay cut I won't be grumbling. Bryson I love to bits but I'm sure he's on top money and a severe pay cut would be necessary. Keep both, plus Huddlestone staying, and the midfield looks a bit long in the tooth.

Carson probably goes given how he's been frozen out and his wages must be on the high side. Roos might decide he wants out anyway, been in no hurry to sign that contract has he? I'm not convinced he's all that anyway. Competent, and I'll forgive a young keep the odd mistake, but I'm guessing we'll have a new No 1 next term.

Blackman, Martin, Butterfield, Olsson, Nugent will surely be gone. Anya out on loan if anyone in world football will have him, Wisdom (not even on the bench yesterday?!), probably Foz (although my heart says keep him), Cole (coaching career starts here!)

That's a lot of wages gone, although it's also quite a lot of transfer fees to write off and I'm not entirely sure how the FFP thing works anymore.

Interesting summer ahead.

7 hours ago, Shorty389 said:

Just because he made a mistake....honestly ??

Over the season he has been fantastic!! 

Have to disagree with this. This may well look like hindsight but he always looked like he was about to drop a clanger. I can think of 3 games where he rushed out of his box rashly and just about got away with it and other games where he parried shots he should have held and also got away with it. I couldn’t help thinking soon his luck was going to run out and unfortunately it was at the worst possible time. Easy to say as all keepers can make big mistakes but he doesn’t fill me with confidence personally and I think we can do better.

5 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

Have to disagree with this. This may well look like hindsight but he always looked like he was about to drop a clanger. I can think of 3 games where he rushed out of his box rashly and just about got away with it and other games where he parried shots he should have held and also got away with it. I couldn’t help thinking soon his luck was going to run out and unfortunately it was at the worst possible time. Easy to say as all keepers can make big mistakes but he doesn’t fill me with confidence personally and I think we can do better.

He kept more clean sheets than Carson and Carson played more games. 

He has made mistakes yes, but he hadn't been given much match time, I'd like to see another season, give him chance. 

Roos fills me with more confidence than Carson....

7 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

He kept more clean sheets than Carson and Carson played more games. 

He has made mistakes yes, but he hadn't been given much match time, I'd like to see another season, give him chance. 

Roos fills me with more confidence than Carson....

Carson has been excellent for the majority of the time with us ,last season outstanding.I am not privy to why his form dipped during the season but if he can find his form is a very good keeper.?

Cole, Olsson, Ambrose, Pearce (already gone), butterfield, Blackman, nugent, Roos, Bryson, Johnson all to go (surely if we were interested in renewing the last 3 we would have said something), elsnik I fear as well. Add in the loan fees for King, Mount, Tomori and Wilson too. 

That’s potentially 15 gone plus as the other posters have mentioned - maybe Anya, Wisdom, Martin, Thorne, Carson available for any sort of offer - which takes it up to potentially 20 gone. 

Shinnie in, McCallister, Lowe, Thomas back from loans. 

That’s quite a turnover ! 

Archived