Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

11 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

You just knew from the first few minutes that we wouldn’t get anything from the game. Like to think we could still make the play offs but I can’t see it.

This is what annoys me. 

You can tell what the result will be in the first 5 minutes pretty much every game.

We never improve through a game, we sometimes give away a goal in tight starts and pull it back, but when we start awful we never turn it around.

Mentally weak, same old poo when the chips are down, we've been through multiple managers and many players in the last 4 years, but nothing changes for us.

I'm pissed off spending a £1k a year on us ATM, imagine spending £900k a week to watch us.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a truly horrible performance. Looks like there was no atmosphere, few fans and we played like it was a meaningless friendly. Team selection was all wrong. Midfield was crying out for Huddlestone to hold the ball up and make things happen. Instead Bryson and Wilson were anonymous. Defence played reasonably well luckily or it could’ve been a cricket score.  

I don’t believe a word of what Frank says about Marriott. If his absence was tactical, why bring on two strikers? 

Couldn't have been any more different to Saturday’s performance. Very disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Agree that Lamps shouldn't take all the blame tonight, some individuals out there need to be performing much better.

Agreed. The difference between Saturday and today in terms of pace and tempo was staggering, which is something that Lamps definitely didn't tell them to do (although starting Bryson definitely contributed to that). So ponderous in the transition between defence and attack, contributed to by all the elements of the team, no intelligent runs from the front 3, lack of urgency from the defence, poor positioning and running from the midfield 3 causing the side-to-side passing of the defence and, unfortunately, we really missed malone. 

A collection of errors from all elements of the team (and management) tonight, culminating in that.

From Frank's interview, I'd say Marriott isn't out based on tactics at all.

He's out because he isn't applying himself as much as Nugent or Bennett in training or trying hard enough when he comes on.

On the face of it, that's an honourable stance to take, reward those who try hardest.

The problem is, Bennett and Nugent are basically the same player at different ends of their careers. One is young, quick but can't finish too well and is naive. The other is blunt, off the pace but wily and will run. They both apply themselves, are committed and give everything.

The problem is Marriott is significantly better than both in terms of finishing, technique, awareness and positioning.

In the position we're in, demanding more from him is fair enough, but he HAS to be on the bench at least. We need him back urgently.

A very much typical Derby away performance against a poor side - Blackburn, Ipswich, Bolton to name a few. Also similar to Preston in terms of pressure.

Im all for creating unity but Nugent om the bench is not building for the future. He has looked way off it. Similar for Bryson. Before the start of the night it is clear that those 2 do not have a future at this club.

He should blood the youngsters between now and the end of the season and see which ones can step up to the mark.

Will somebody also tell Lawrence to get away from free kicks, just embarrassing the way he tries to mimic Christiano

Love ruining the week Derby 

Roos 5 not commanding enough in his box

Bogle 6 

Keogh 6 little sloppy

Tomori 6

Cole 5 wasn’t great

Johnson 4 

Mount 5 didn’t give him the ball

Bryson 4 totally lost it 

Wilson 5 missed our only chance

Waghorn 4 my gran would of won more

Lawrence 4 the free kick that hit my head on the top row summed his night up 

Top 6 isn’t over yet but after watching that then our woeful 2019 away record would suggest its very likely we will miss out.

Weve seen so many of these performances this season 

13 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Judging Frank and his ability to succeed as a top flight manager after less than a season is like condemning an eighteen year old player for not having enough savvy or experience. 

Its academic how experienced Frank was as a player this is a totally different job. 

I worked in sales for 20 years and the ability to manage sales people is only loosely connected to sales ability. Time will tell if FL can make it, but to write him off so soon beggars belief. 

It's his ability to succeed as a championship manager that concern's me .   Very similar situation to Lee Johnson at Bristol city .   He will sink or swim next year .   At the minute he's blowing up the flotation aids. 

We are a bang average side, nothing proves otherwise.

My fear is that we won’t be bang next season, we will be below...,,

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

Agreed. The difference between Saturday and today in terms of pace and tempo was staggering, which is something that Lamps definitely didn't tell them to do (although starting Bryson definitely contributed to that). So ponderous in the transition between defence and attack, contributed to by all the elements of the team, no intelligent runs from the front 3, lack of urgency from the defence, poor positioning and running from the midfield 3 causing the side-to-side passing of the defence and, unfortunately, we really missed malone. 

A collection of errors from all elements of the team (and management) tonight, culminating in that.

Surely we're not expected to believe that Frank and Jody gee'd the players up to go and jog around whilst occasionally dribbling nowhere and not passing to each other? 

He was criticised for tinkering earlier. So he kept the reasonably performing team. Which let us down. 

Apart from the one change were the tactics very different?

16 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Alright for you lot..... I’ve just got stuck in a hotel lift for 20 minutes and the fire brigade have just come out to save me. 

Are you in Spain ? I hear they have two famous twin brother firefighters HoseA and HoseB.

Just a shi@e joke to match our performance.?

41 minutes ago, cj9a408 said:

That was awful. Second to everything and out bossed in every area. 

Good scouting mission though, Bradley Dack would do 

There lies half the problem. We can’t scout our own Dack. We’ll get him in 3 years time for 8m.

Archived