Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

We seem to be better when we have a rest or not many games, when we have a few back to back our form goes out the window. We always struggle against strong physical sides. I thought that we were bossed from start to finish. Blackburn were well worth their win 

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

The one area where there isn't a problem is at centre back. Would you rather they hoof the ball upfield and to who? Do that and it'll come back into our box in no time at all. The problem is midfield and has been all season.

Oh I agree

having played centre back I know if there’s nothing to pass to ... what are ur options ? Launch over the top ? Channels ? 

I don’t have a problem with those two doing that if there’s nothing to play to or nothing offering ... the finger of blame lies higher up

my problem with the two centre halves and this will sound silly as tomori has improved no end and keogh has probably got POTY wrapped up is that how many times have teams absolutely cut through us, the finger of blame can be at those like Lawrence and Wilson who endlessly give it away, or bryson for not showing or for waghorn for not getting hold of it, they’re all contributing factors and have to be looked at but end of the day when u ship the goals we have you’ve also got to look at your centre halves 

last night was terrible and I’m not happy lol 

I don't even have the energy to respond to this thread, we are realising what the club has put in place which is a massive turnaround of managers in a short of space of time coupled with a scattergun approach to player recruitment where we have only avoided FFP sanctions by selling our ground.

We now have a novice manager in place and despite all of his previous playing credentials are seeing this naivety being translated into the football pitch in results. 

I don't think even Mel Morris is crazy enough to sack a rookie manager when we still have a mathematical chance of making the playoffs so we've got what we've got which ain't great.

Successful businessman? Morris must either be poorly advised on manager recruitment or the unluckiest man alive either way his track record of appointing managers in the last few seasons has been absolutely abysmal.

I'd take Wassall right now rather then give Morris the opportunity to have another hand in manager recruitment.

A brilliant evening capped by getting stuck behind a rolling (then stationary) road block on the M65. Thought we were bullied, outfought, outpassed last night. We were second to every ball, we couldn’t pass forward to save our lives and when the chances presented themselves to go down the channels, we never took them. God, as fans, we were bored! So, what better way to cheer ourselves up than to sing about Gary Teale, Pesch etc. Pleased there wasn’t more added time as we’d probably have got round to Ron Webster and Terry Hennessy ffs!!!

7 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

A brilliant evening capped by getting stuck behind a rolling (then stationary) road block on the M65. Thought we were bullied, outfought, outpassed last night. We were second to every ball, we couldn’t pass forward to save our lives and when the chances presented themselves to go down the channels, we never took them. God, as fans, we were bored! So, what better way to cheer ourselves up than to sing about Gary Teale, Pesch etc. Pleased there wasn’t more added time as we’d probably have got round to Ron Webster and Terry Hennessy ffs!!!

Ron and Terry put a shift in though........

7 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

I don't even have the energy to respond to this thread, we are realising what the club has put in place which is a massive turnaround of managers in a short of space of time coupled with a scattergun approach to player recruitment where we have only avoided FFP sanctions by selling our ground.

We now have a novice manager in place and despite all of his previous playing credentials are seeing this naivety being translated into the football pitch in results. 

I don't think even Mel Morris is crazy enough to sack a rookie manager when we still have a mathematical chance of making the playoffs so we've got what we've got which ain't great.

Successful businessman? Morris must either be poorly advised on manager recruitment or the unluckiest man alive either way his track record of appointing managers in the last few seasons has been absolutely abysmal.

I'd take Wassall right now rather then give Morris the opportunity to have another hand in manager recruitment.

All the managers recruited have arrived with some form of credentials!

the sacks of poo who have turned out on the pitch week in week out in the past four years have to shoulder the blame, many of them have arrived at our club with some relative success in their lockers but that has where they have left it, we seem to have team after team, season after season who do not have the heart, the commitment, the bottle, whatever you may call it to become consistent! They show in flashes what they can do and that is the worst part for me, it tells me that they can’t be arsed to turn those excellent displays into consistent displays.

i am fed up with the guys that pull on the white shirt and trot onto the pitch, no commitment ! No consistency! No heart !

like you @Inglorius I have now run out of energy !??

13 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Dropping points away from home by lower half sides has cost us this season. Simple as that. 

Generally, we will always concede a goal

poor teams try to stop us scoring if they succeed they are likely to win

good teams play open football and we have a realistic chance of outscoring them

better teams stop us scoring and score themselves.

There are so many games this season when the opposition suddenly appear in possession and in numbers right in the faces of our back four.  There has been no sign of any support from midfield for the defence particularly on the wings.  Midfield is where FL is an expert and I don't get it. 

4 minutes ago, tombomb said:

how we all feeling now we have slept on it? I feel worse about the result. ?

be honest wasn't too much of a surprise.  We all fall into the trap of hope over experience.  We have not performed well this season, never looked the real deal.  Every pre match I convince myself that the pieces will fit together at last and still I believe that there is a chance of play offs despite the facts.  Having said that if we get there there is just too much power in the clubs that will face us.  

Have Bristol and Sheffield Utd got better players than us? I am not convinced. Therein lies the mystery. Would Sheffield Utd be above us if they only had our players and we had theirs? Therein lies the mystery. Wages have got to be an issue. Fulham were promoted last season. They bought 12 players for £100 million and came crashing back down. Did Cardiff have better players than us last year? Not convinced. Players eare ether not doing what they are asked or cannot do what they are asked or they are not being asked to do the right things or???? Blackburn and Brentford  do not have better players than us. 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

7 of the starters (8 of the players used) last night currently won't be here next season... Is that too many? 

I worry about this for next season, there will be a huge turn around (especially as I don’t think we will have Wilson, Mount or Tomori). I did think next season is when we push on, but in reality it will probably be another season of transition. Hopefully Frank will stick about for a 3rd year to see it through (and take his head out his bum regarding Marriott) 

Archived