Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Carnero said:

I don't think we've won a single game that Cole has played a significant part in?

And people moan about Fozzy and Malone!

5 league games where he has played at least 45 mins - Millwall, Forest, Villa, Brentford, Blackburn. You could argue he was still building up his match fitness for the first three, then didn't play again for 4 weeks when he only played for 14 mins. A week later we're forced to bring him on early into a game due to injury, and was extremely unlucky not to earn a penalty which could have won the game for us. A few days later, still short of match fitness, he had to play the full 90 against a team which attacked down the wings all game.

He's good backup and that's what we signed him for.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Yes, thanks. We went back M6, A50 and no hold-ups at all (unlike on the way there!)

Sorry I was struggling last night as we didn't really do anything of note. Couldn't argue with the result or even blame the ref; we got what we deserved. 

I was also disappointed with our position in the ground, as we were so far above the players we couldn't really give them our support and encouragement as we usually do at away games. Also makes a very sterile atmosphere in the ground. Why would you have a whole section pitchside completely empty? Makes no sense to me, but I can't say that was a factor in the result as plenty of other teams have gone there and won this season.

If I could add a positive on reflection, it was to the small group of fans behind us who kept going with the songs all through the match - witty and something a bit different!

Ground was only about one third full judging from the attendance numbers. Must have been funereal, because it isn't an enclosed stadium so what little noise the crowd would have generated dissipates easily.

18 hours ago, ramtique said:

Not looking for scapegoats on a night when they were all pretty hopeless, Bogle apart, but Lawrence embodies what is wrong with this team. Absolute show pony who adds virtually nothing game to game, but makes the headlines every now and again for the very occasional flash of brilliance. If anyone is daft enough to offer us a half decent fee, snap their hands off! 

I want £10 million please from a newly relegated Fulham or Huddersfield 

15 hours ago, BondJovi said:

In theory replacing Holmes with Bryson shouldn't be a massive change but Bryson has been poor this season. I'd be interested to know how many matches we have won when he starts.

Well it was 0-0 when Bryson went off to be replaced by holmes yet we lost 2-0 

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Ground was only about one third full judging from the attendance numbers. Must have been funereal, because it isn't an enclosed stadium so what little noise the crowd would have generated dissipates easily.

Yeah I took a picture and sent it to mates 2 minutes before kick off. Blackburn could have shut one stand and the other 2 still wouldn’t have been full! The run they are on, can see why it’s only the diehards left, to be fair to their fans, they have tanked big time since the days of Jack Walker. Bound to affect enthusiasm.

Archived